Istana, Singapore, Singapore
Travel tips > Asia > Singapore > Singapore > Istana
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Today, Istana, as the building is called, is the official residence of the Singapore's president, and many of the government's official meetings and receptions are held here. Istana is one of the most interesting sightseeing spots in the city, but unfortunately it is open to the public only ive times a year: for the Chinese New Year, for Labour Day, for Singapore's National Day, or Deepavali and for Hari Raya Puasa.
Orchard Rd, Singapore 238823
$1 or foreigners
8.30 am to 6.00 pm
Recent travel tips for Singapore
- Punggol JettyPunggol jetty is famous for anglers. Though this jetty is not considered very long and does not stretch out too much into the sea. Many anglers have actually caught many fishes from the jetty.The Jetty is situated on punggol beach [...]D: 7.9mi00
- Bedok fishing jettyBedok jetty is known to be the longest fishing jetty in Singapore. many fishing enthusisast and fishing hobbist can here to try the luck on catching some fishes here. The jetty is located near to east coast park carpark F.There shelters [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Beach Cabana (bicycle rental)Beach cabana is a bicyle rental place where people can rent bicycles and ride them along the beach of east coast park. there are various types of bicycles and the rental price varies accordingly.They have mountain bikes, bicycles for [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Army Market at Beach roadThis market houses hawker stall as well as houses stores that sell items such as handy knives, boots, foldable chairs, t-shirts, slippers and many more items at a a very cheap price.The reason it being called army market is because many of [...]D: 0.7mi10
- House of Ong (Bar)House of Ong is a bar that is situated in the neighbour hood of Jalan selaseh. It is a small and rather quiet bar for people to just relax and have a drink. the price of drinks at this place is affordable as well. The are about 3 [...]D: 7.1mi00
Things about Singapore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Prague, Czech Republic
There are quite many old churches in Prague, but Bethlehem Chapel is unique among them. This is the chapel where, in the early 15th century Jan Hus...
History & Culture: Bethlehem Chapel
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
If you want to buy some food but you don't want to pay as much as you would have to in Paralia, I suggest you to try that small supermarket we used...
Shopping: Cheap supermarket near Paralia
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
Balboa Island, California
Go down there to visit family and friends. if you don't have any, in the area, I would go for a walk to see the cute houses and drink some coffee....
Family & Fun: Visit family and friends
The Alabama State Capitol Building is the first thing that you should visit in Montgomery. The building has witnessed events such as the...
Sightseeing: Alabama State Capitol Building
This garden is a must see for anyone who's visiting Portland, especially of you have a fondness for roses. It is the oldest official,...
Outdoors Activities: International Rose Test Garden
San Antonio, Texas
You can learn so many things if you decide to take part on a tour in the San Antonio Missions National Park. The missions that have been conserved...
Outdoors Activities: San Antonio Missions National Park
Johannesburg, South Africa
The nightlife in Johannesburg has actually become way better than in the past. More clubs are being opened and re-vamped to look better and bigger....
Night Life & Entertainment: Joburg Nightlife