Istana, Singapore, Singapore
Travel tips > Asia > Singapore > Singapore > Istana
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Today, Istana, as the building is called, is the official residence of the Singapore's president, and many of the government's official meetings and receptions are held here. Istana is one of the most interesting sightseeing spots in the city, but unfortunately it is open to the public only ive times a year: for the Chinese New Year, for Labour Day, for Singapore's National Day, or Deepavali and for Hari Raya Puasa.
Orchard Rd, Singapore 238823
$1 or foreigners
8.30 am to 6.00 pm
Recent travel tips for Singapore
- Punggol PrawningPunggol Prawning is place where family, friends, colleagues or infact anyone can come to and have fun catching real life prawns from the ponds that are available at the location. There are 3 ponds and people can pay a fees and can just [...]D: 9.5mi00
- Beach Cabana (bicycle rental)Beach cabana is a bicyle rental place where people can rent bicycles and ride them along the beach of east coast park. there are various types of bicycles and the rental price varies accordingly.They have mountain bikes, bicycles for [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Compass Point Shopping CentreCompass point shopping centre is created in such a way where is not just for people to shop, but also a place to learn about interesting things and facts. The shopping center has a theme based on learning. There numerous boards and posters [...]D: 7.9mi00
- Driving to Kuala LumpurSelf driving your own car to Kuala Lumpur can be very convenient as you can decide your own timing on when you want to leave. You can reach Kuala Lumpur if you drive cautiously in about 4 to 5 hours. However there are few tool charges and [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Kopitiam Coffee ShopSingapore's notorious nightlife will probably make you crave to food at odd hours in the night (especially after a good bout of clubbing and drinking), and luckily there are some excellent places that are open at night.Kopitiam (which [...]D: 0.7mi00
Things about Singapore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Prague, Czech Republic
As Prague is the birthplace of Kafka, this genius of literature, Franz Kafka Museum is a must see if you're in the city. The museum was moved...
History & Culture: Franz Kafka Museum
If you are at Avignon, take a look at the medieval pope's palace. It's huge and directly in the center of the city. You can get guided tours for a...
Sightseeing: The medieval pope's palace
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Train station straight to Manchester airport
Public Transportation: Going to the Manchester airport
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This restaurant is a great place to try the various local cusines and dishes of Malaysia. A tip here is if you are interested to try the local...
Food: Restoran Mustika Zamzam
If you'd like to stay more than just one day, I advise you the 'Cabana Art' hotel which is about 400 meters from the ski trails (half of the road...
Family & Fun: 'Cabana Art' pension in Arieseni
Boca Raton, Florida
Town Center: Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Macy's.
Shopping: BEST SHOPPING
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
It was a unique experience to visit an interactive museum, where you could attend workshops and experience for yourself the environment and...
History & Culture: Bonnet House Museum & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
Though it may be more interesting for students, the University of Tulsa Campus can be just as 'entertaining' or adults as your youngsters...
Sightseeing: University of Tulsa Campus
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide