Istana, Singapore, Singapore
Travel tips > Asia > Singapore > Singapore > Istana
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Today, Istana, as the building is called, is the official residence of the Singapore's president, and many of the government's official meetings and receptions are held here. Istana is one of the most interesting sightseeing spots in the city, but unfortunately it is open to the public only ive times a year: for the Chinese New Year, for Labour Day, for Singapore's National Day, or Deepavali and for Hari Raya Puasa.
Orchard Rd, Singapore 238823
$1 or foreigners
8.30 am to 6.00 pm
Recent travel tips for Singapore
- Punggol PrawningPunggol Prawning is place where family, friends, colleagues or infact anyone can come to and have fun catching real life prawns from the ponds that are available at the location. There are 3 ponds and people can pay a fees and can just [...]D: 9.5mi00
- Ah Teng’s BakeryRaffles Hotel is notoriously expensive, so not many people can afford to dine there, never mind sleep there. But here's some good news for the hungry backpacker on a budget. Ah Teng's Bakery, located inside the hotel, is a really [...]D: n/a00
- Army Museum of SingaporeThe Army Museum of Singapore is a great place to understand and know about the rich heritage and development of Singapore Army since Singapore became an independent nation. There are various displays of weapons and items that were used by [...]D: 4921.5mi00
- Maxwell food marketMaxwell food market is a food centre that sells different kind of local dishes. this dishes range from prawn noodles, to chicken rice, tapioca pastries, char siew rice(pork rice) and many more local dishes. Maxwell market is regarded by [...]D: 0.7mi01
- Center Satay Bee HoonCentre satay bee hoon store is very famous and well known for its 'satay beehoon' ( A local dish where strips of white noodles are filled with peanut sauce). This store is very popular and has numerous people visting it daily to buy the [...]D: 6mi00
Things about Singapore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
San Diego, Costa Rica
Beaches are naturally free and they are very good in San Diego. Some of them are especially beautiful. I would very much recommend La Jolla and...
General: Free and cheap things in San Diego
If you visit Stuttgart by car, use one of the many parking lots with S-Bahn connection. Because in the city center it´s hard to find parking space.
Public Transportation: Park and Ride
I am going to travel to Colombia and Argentina for xmas and new years looking for friendships in both countries email me firstname.lastname@example.org
General: Looking for company
Driving through that city can be interesting, especially if you go there with a van or another big car. Also some of the subterranean parking lots...
General: Traffic situation
Visit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to...
General: The pope's palace
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
Designed for younger children, the Omaha Children's Museum is an interactive place for kids to enjoy themselves and also to learn something....
Family & Fun: Omaha Children's Museum