Sago Street, Singapore, Singapore
Travel tips > Asia > Singapore > Singapore > Sago Street
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
During the last century, Sago Street was the city's red-light district, with brothels at every two steps. However, for some reason prostitutes have abandoned the place, and now it is full of various interesting buildings, and there's also an interesting temple here, Tua Peh Kong Temple.
One of the lanes of the street, Sago Lane, is where the nickname of the place comes from. There are numerous funeral parlors on this lane, and in the traditions of the Chinese of Singapore, the dead were kept in these houses for several days before they were buried.
Sago St, Singapore
Recent travel tips for Singapore
- Army Market at Beach roadThis market houses hawker stall as well as houses stores that sell items such as handy knives, boots, foldable chairs, t-shirts, slippers and many more items at a a very cheap price.The reason it being called army market is because many of [...]D: 0.7mi10
- Harbour Ville HotelHarbour ville hotel can be considered as a budget hotel that caters all kind of tourists or people who might be interested to stay in an affordable hotel. This hotel is located on Kampong Bahru Road. This hotel has various simple facilties [...]D: 2mi00
- Kopitiam Coffee ShopSingapore's notorious nightlife will probably make you crave to food at odd hours in the night (especially after a good bout of clubbing and drinking), and luckily there are some excellent places that are open at night.Kopitiam (which [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Maxwell food marketMaxwell food market is a food centre that sells different kind of local dishes. this dishes range from prawn noodles, to chicken rice, tapioca pastries, char siew rice(pork rice) and many more local dishes. Maxwell market is regarded by [...]D: 0.7mi01
- Bishan ParkBishan park is known for its lakes and bridges, colourful shrubs and lush greenery. It is regarded as one of the biggest park in Singapore. There are running tracks and bicycle tracks where friends and families can come together to have a [...]D: 5.4mi00
Things about Singapore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you go there for skying, take one of the ski busses up to the glacier, it´s more relaxed than to drive up yourself. The bus stops you can...
Outdoors Activities: Skying area
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
In der Nähe von Immenstaad gibt es einen schönen großen Abenteuerpark, wo man Klettert. Auch wenn man ein bisschen Höchenangst hat, ist es dort...
General: Nahe von Immenstaad
Go snorkling or scuba diving. Eat lots of fish at any of the Seafood restaurants - make sure you don't just eat the hotels, street food is often...
Outdoors Activities: Snorkling or scuba diving
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
Karachi Lines, Pakistan
Enjoy residing at luxurious hotels in Islamabad & hotels in Karachi with Trekkso - One of the best travel and tour operators of pakistan.
General: Hotels in Karachi
The main street of the city is the most beautiful main street I have seen in Transsylvania. The buildings are constructed from the 16th to the...
Sightseeing: Main street of Sibiu
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
Entertaining, exciting, flavorful and fun. All of these things were present at the Culinary Connectors Tours that we took in Denver on our last...
Family & Fun: Culinary Connectors Tours