Sago Street, Singapore, Singapore
Travel tips > Asia > Singapore > Singapore > Sago Street
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
During the last century, Sago Street was the city's red-light district, with brothels at every two steps. However, for some reason prostitutes have abandoned the place, and now it is full of various interesting buildings, and there's also an interesting temple here, Tua Peh Kong Temple.
One of the lanes of the street, Sago Lane, is where the nickname of the place comes from. There are numerous funeral parlors on this lane, and in the traditions of the Chinese of Singapore, the dead were kept in these houses for several days before they were buried.
Sago St, Singapore
Recent travel tips for Singapore
- 10 Foods You Must Try in SingaporeThere are literally thousands of food options in Singapore and for any visitor the sheer choice can be overwhelming. This guide leads you on a discovery of 10 of the very best foods that Singapore has to offer. None of them will break the [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Singapore Zoological GardensOn the international scene, Singapore's zoo is quite famous for its efforts for the conservation of threatened species and for veterinary research. Unlike many other zoos, it is based on a so-called open concept, which means that the [...]D: 9mi00
- Clark Quay entertainmentClark Quay is a vibrant place in Singapore. There are alot of bars, pubs, clubs, eateries, restaurants and even a shopping mall. This place comes to live at night where alot of people would usually go for a drink with their friends, [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Compass Point Shopping CentreCompass point shopping centre is created in such a way where is not just for people to shop, but also a place to learn about interesting things and facts. The shopping center has a theme based on learning. There numerous boards and posters [...]D: 7.9mi00
- Newton food centreNewton food centre is very much known for its seafood. Singaporeans as well as tourist are always seen in this area dining on the seafood that is available. Though there are alot of other food that newtow food centre offers, the seafood is [...]D: 2mi00
Things about Singapore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week...
Outdoors Activities: Walking on the Wattenmeer
Most German train stations have a little nasty little bar inside or right next to the station. For Stuttgart, which obviously has lots of...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bar on top of the train station
A nice shopping destination is Debrecen Plaza, a mall located near to the center of the town. Although not big, it has a lot of shopping stores,...
Shopping: Debrecen Plaza
My opinion is that the best place you can choose for relaxing in Miskolc is the cave bath. It is a bath formed from a real cave. It is an...
General: Swimming inside a real cave
Have fun cruising effortlessly through the timeless streets of Florence on the coolest rides of the 21st century. The Segway Tour experience is the...
Sightseeing: Florence Segway Tour
We've been to quite many museum during our travels but the Tropenmuseum is something entirely different from the 'traditional' ones. ...
History & Culture: Tropenmuseum
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
Buena Park, California
This is the Halloween event of the well known theme park, Knott's Berry Farm. You should really see it. It offers everything you would expect...
Family & Fun: Great Halloween Program at Knott's Scary Farm
Saint Paul, Minnesota
There aren't very menu dining places which feature true Russian cuisine, but there is one in Saint Paul, Moscow on the Hill. I've always...
Food: Moscow on the Hill