Sago Street, Singapore, Singapore
Travel tips > Asia > Singapore > Singapore > Sago Street
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
During the last century, Sago Street was the city's red-light district, with brothels at every two steps. However, for some reason prostitutes have abandoned the place, and now it is full of various interesting buildings, and there's also an interesting temple here, Tua Peh Kong Temple.
One of the lanes of the street, Sago Lane, is where the nickname of the place comes from. There are numerous funeral parlors on this lane, and in the traditions of the Chinese of Singapore, the dead were kept in these houses for several days before they were buried.
Sago St, Singapore
Recent travel tips for Singapore
- Newton food centreNewton food centre is very much known for its seafood. Singaporeans as well as tourist are always seen in this area dining on the seafood that is available. Though there are alot of other food that newtow food centre offers, the seafood is [...]D: 2mi00
- Bishan ParkBishan park is known for its lakes and bridges, colourful shrubs and lush greenery. It is regarded as one of the biggest park in Singapore. There are running tracks and bicycle tracks where friends and families can come together to have a [...]D: 5.4mi00
- Haw Par VillaHaw Par Villa is situated along pasir panjang road. this is a free theme park where tourist can go to and sigt-see the place. There are numerous statues depicting scenes from Chinese folklore, legends, history and illustrations of various [...]D: 4.9mi00
- Komala Vilas Indian RestaurantKomala villas is a great place to try North and south Indian food in Singapore. The food here can either be ordered in a set meal or al carte manner. They have various types of food such as Indian rice, Indian flour base items and also [...]D: 1.4mi10
- Adam Road food CentreAdam road food centre is very well know among the locals in Singapore. It is a place where people go to and try the various local cusines and dishes. there are a variety of local food to choose from here. Most importantly they are cheap and [...]D: 3.7mi10
Things about Singapore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
San Diego, Costa Rica
Beaches are naturally free and they are very good in San Diego. Some of them are especially beautiful. I would very much recommend La Jolla and...
General: Free and cheap things in San Diego
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
Come to BinZhou City, and experience a great place.
General: The Pearl of the yellow River Delta
The Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic...
History & Culture: Cathedral Notre Dame
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
If you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st...
History & Culture: Ancient Nemausus in the modern city area
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
Essaouria is a beach town in south east morocco. Every city in Morocco has a Medina, which means old town. The entire medina is surrounded by a...
Sightseeing: Gates of Essaouira
Fort Worth, Texas
Full of modern, eclectic artworks such as paintings and photography, the Amon Carter Museum is open to the public free of charge and its aim is to...
History & Culture: Amon Carter Museum