Singapore Flyer Ferris Wheel
Travel tips > Asia > Singapore > Singapore > Singapore Flyer Ferris Wheel
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The wheel has 28 capsules (with air conditioning!), each of them capable of holding up to 28 passengers, much more than a standard-fare Ferris wheel. From the higest point of the wheel, you can see the entire city of Singapore, plus Batam and Bintam, two Indonesian islands, and a bit of the Malaysian state of Johor.
The wheel is located on top of a terminal with three stories where there are restaurants, cafes and shops. Fun fact: the wheel used to go counter clockwise, but the direction was changed, as suggested by some Feng Shui masters.
30 Raffles Ave, Singapore 039803
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Singapore
- Getting to Ho Chi Minh City district 1 from the airportThe cheapest way to travel to Ho Chi Minh City district 1 is by taking a bus just outside of the international airport. This is the cheapest way to get to district one and the best way to travel with the locals and see the city as well. The [...]D: 681.7mi00
- Kallang ice worldKallang ice world is the largest ice skating arena in Singapore. This is a great place to hang out with friends and family members and to skate on the ice rink. The rink is profesional done up.For people who are interested in having parties [...]D: 2mi00
- KatongEvery city has a couple of those fancy neighborhoods where the rich and famous reside, and Singapore is not exception to the rule. Katong district started out as a planned city, and while I'm not much of a fan of these [...]D: n/a00
- Armenian ChurchIn Singapore, it is not unusually to bump into a building that looks exactly like something you might find in Europe. Christianity is one of the many religions present in the city, so there are quite a few 'traditional' churches [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Lilliput golfLiliput golf is singapore's first themed mini indoor golf course that caters to both adults and children. In this golf course people will have to hit balls into the holes just like traditional golfing. However each course is made in [...]D: 3.3mi00
Things about Singapore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are looking for a beach vacation, Cairns isnt the right place, because there´s no beach close to the city, neither you can walk there. But...
Outdoors Activities: No beach vacations
The New Sofia Pub Crawl is the night walk around Sofia’s hidden and unique bars. This event is not for those looking for loud and smoky rooms;...
Night Life & Entertainment: The New Sofia Pub Crawl
To learn more of a country's history it is best to visit it's museums, because this way you can get more in touch with the facts, objects and...
History & Culture: Museo de la Revolucion in Havana
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
If you are at Plitvice you should definitely take a look at the lakes of Plitvice. They are gorgeous and also famous through the german Winnetou...
Outdoors Activities: Famous Lakes, also known from the old Winnetou films
Don't forget to take a boat trip on the lakes of Killarney, it is a wonderful experience, something you will never forget. The landscape is...
Outdoors Activities: The Lakes of Killarney
Jammu is vey crowded during the months of october and April due to the holy Navratri season in India. To get good accommodations during these times...
General: Travel tip
Dagupan City, Philippines
The people are so friendly here! I lost my contact lenses and had to ask for opticals - most people recommended Siapno-Tada Optical. They have the...
General: Optical service in Dagupan City
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide