Arco do Teles, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Travel tips > South America > Brazil > Rio De Janeiro > Arco do Teles
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
It's nice to go there in the evening, when all the locales put chairs and tables in front of their entrances, so the streets end up looking like giant terraces.
It is usually crowded in the afternoon, when the people working in the nearby offices come to grab lunch or some drinks.
Travessa do Comércio, Arco do Teles
You can visit any time.
Recent travel tips for Rio De Janeiro
- Sugarloaf MountainEverybody who's ever see a post-card of Rio knows about the huge, strangely shaped mountain overlooking the harbor and the city. This is Sugarloaf Mountain, called by the locals 'Bondinho' (because it looks like a loaf of unrefined sugar). [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Zaza Bistro Tropical RestaurantZaza is well known for its excellent cuisine, and the fact that it doesn't take sides when it comes to food preferences. There is about the same number of delicious meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, so you'll never be put into the [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Zuka Restaurant in Rio de JaneiroIf you are spending your day lounging on the beaches of Leblon or in the vicinity, and you are not particularly stingy, do pay a visit to Zuka, one of the trendiest cafe/restaurants in the area. The food is delicious, and the chefs are [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Cafe SacrilegioThere are lots of wild clubs and bars in Rio, especially the high-class ones on the more popular beaches like Ipanema and Leblon. But if you are looking for something quieter, I advise you to check out Sacrilegio, located in an old [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Polis Sucos Juice BarsRio de Janeiro is chock full of juice bars, not surprise considering the temperature during the day. In any case, Polis Sucos, one of these chains of juice bars, offers some healthy and delicious alternatives to regular soft drinks. [...]D: 0.3mi00
Things about Rio De Janeiro you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
It is a devotion of the holy Maria. It ranges from the so called 'Palmsonntag' till the end of 'Ostersonntag'. All over the city there are...
History & Culture: Semana Sant in der Stadt Sevilla
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
From the first step of preparing your trip to Myanmar to the time you are travelling inside this beautiful country, there happens some stages that...
General: Thing you should know when plan your Myanmar Trip
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
Saint Petersburg, Russia
An adorable hostel awash with tiny cool details and cute things. I stayed at Friends on Griboedova, but they have some other location in the center...
Family & Fun: Cool place to stay
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
Comedy and fun, that's we got at Dallas Comedy House last week we decided to visit the place. It was the first time we went to a comedy club in...
Night Life & Entertainment: Dallas Comedy House
Kansas City, Missouri
With a more than 60 years tradition, the Golden Ox is a highly praised and favorite restaurant for locals and visitors as well. No wonder, they...
Food: The Golden Ox
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The glaciers at Hintertux offers you a wide variety of ski runs, for every state of skill. ...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing