Sugarloaf Mountain, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Travel tips > South America > Brazil > Rio De Janeiro > Sugarloaf Mountain
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
Sugarloaf is a must see for anyone who's visiting Rio de Janeiro for the first time. Climb to the top of the peak and take in the fantastic view of Rio sprawling at your feet. You can get to the top by cable cars which leave every half an hour. You can always hike to the top, but be warned that it is a challenging trails, but it is really rewarding too.
Av. Pasteur, 520 - Urca, Rio de Janeiro, 22290-240, Brazil
$35 for adults, $18 for children, free for children under 6
Cable cars run from 8 AM to 10 PM
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Rio De Janeiro
- Contemporary Art MuseumIt's easy to recognize this museum from afar even if you haven't been there before: just look or the building that looks like an alien space ship. The MAC, as it is also called, was designed by Oscar Niemeyer, a famous Brazilian [...]D: 7.3mi00
- Zaza Bistro Tropical RestaurantZaza is well known for its excellent cuisine, and the fact that it doesn't take sides when it comes to food preferences. There is about the same number of delicious meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, so you'll never be put into the [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Casa do Pontal MuseumI'm not going to lie to you, this museum is pretty far from the city center of Rio, it takes about an hour by car to get there. But once you see it, you won't regret having come so far. The museum's surroundings are very pleasant, the [...]D: n/a00
- Cafe SacrilegioThere are lots of wild clubs and bars in Rio, especially the high-class ones on the more popular beaches like Ipanema and Leblon. But if you are looking for something quieter, I advise you to check out Sacrilegio, located in an old [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Arco do TelesArco de Teles is a small neighbourhood which showcases what Rio used to look like a long long time ago. An archway is the entrance to a series of narrow, cobbled streets, where beautiful colonial two-storey buildings have been turned into [...]D: n/a00
Things about Rio De Janeiro you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Prague, Czech Republic
The whole place has got an interesting air of being made by hobby-historians. The Museum of Communism is in a small place and looks a little...
History & Culture: Museum of Communism in Prague
This is the little promenade of Wyk auf Föhr. There is some nice scenary as well as neat little cafes. You should try a fish or crab soup at...
Sightseeing: Wyk auf Föhr Promenade
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
The best time to enjoy the fantastic beaches of the city is from December to March. Its starts raining April onwards making the sea rough.
Sightseeing: Best time to travel
You should really take yourself time for at least one day or better a whole weekend.
General: Visiting the ancient roman city
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Don't miss the Taal lake, when you are in Tagaytay. You can book a tour to cross the lake to the Volcano Island. You can reach the top either...
General: Taal Lake
It is always interesting to visit a specialty museum, to learn and explore about something that is unusual or quite normal but we don't know so...
History & Culture: American Sign Museum
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Definitely worth to visit the Meritage Restaurant in Saint Paul. The service is excellent, though may be a bit slow on a busy day. The food is...
Food: Meritage Restaurant
Santa Ana, California
One of the best burgers in town you will find only at In-N-Out Burger joint which is highly popular among the locals. I've been there on a...
Food: In-N-Out Burger
Johannesburg, South Africa
The nightlife in Johannesburg has actually become way better than in the past. More clubs are being opened and re-vamped to look better and bigger....
Night Life & Entertainment: Joburg Nightlife