Contemporary Art Museum, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Travel tips > South America > Brazil > Rio De Janeiro > Contemporary Art Museum
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The MAC, as it is also called, was designed by Oscar Niemeyer, a famous Brazilian architect. Some people complain that the circular shape of the rooms make it unfit to be a gallery, but I think this museum is just perfect as it is. The curators always come up with exciting exhibitions of contemporary Brazilian art.
If you are interested in modern art, don't miss the MAC, and even if you are not a modern art fan, it's worth seeing the building itself if not the exhibits.
Niterói Contemporary Art Museum - Mirante da Boa Viagem - Boa Viagem, Niteroi - Rio de Janeiro, 24210-390, Brazil
$5 for adults, free for children under 7
10 AM to 18 PM
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Rio De Janeiro
- Arco do TelesArco de Teles is a small neighbourhood which showcases what Rio used to look like a long long time ago. An archway is the entrance to a series of narrow, cobbled streets, where beautiful colonial two-storey buildings have been turned into [...]D: n/a00
- Zuka Restaurant in Rio de JaneiroIf you are spending your day lounging on the beaches of Leblon or in the vicinity, and you are not particularly stingy, do pay a visit to Zuka, one of the trendiest cafe/restaurants in the area. The food is delicious, and the chefs are [...]D: 1.5mi00
- La Vereda Arts and Crafts BoutiqueIf you want to return home from your trip to Rio de Janeiro laden with presents for your family and friends, the stuff you can find at La Vereda beats anything you would buy at a regular tourist shop. Here you can find small decorations, [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Zaza Bistro Tropical RestaurantZaza is well known for its excellent cuisine, and the fact that it doesn't take sides when it comes to food preferences. There is about the same number of delicious meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, so you'll never be put into the [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Casa do Pontal MuseumI'm not going to lie to you, this museum is pretty far from the city center of Rio, it takes about an hour by car to get there. But once you see it, you won't regret having come so far. The museum's surroundings are very pleasant, the [...]D: n/a00
Things about Rio De Janeiro you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
If you like swimming or just sun-bathing on the beach, go and spend a few days at the Balaton. If you like to party all night long with great DJs...
General: The Balaton lake and Siofok
You really should try the fish meals at Galway, always fresh from the sea.
General: The well known fishermen city
Icelanders love their coffee. In fact, they enjoy it so much that Iceland is ranked fourth in the world for its coffee habit. It's guessed that...
Food: Where to Eat and Drink in Reykjavik ?
Tour 1 – Ancient Heritage between Sea and Desert First Day Arrival in Tripoli and Transfer to Gharian. Second Day We’ll visit the ancient...
Night Life & Entertainment: Desertakakus
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Beach club cafe is a great place to hang out with your friends and buddies. Here you can dance to the house music or if you are interested in...
Night Life & Entertainment: Beach Club Cafe
Near the cave just about a 1 mile you can find a great place for camping, with grass and a little brook
General: A little camping
If you are curious about the background story of the world's best known brand of sot drink, you'll get your answers at the World of Coca Cola. ...
Family & Fun: World of Coca-Cola Pavilion
Wow, this place is awesome. And without an entrance fee, the Cincinnati Art Museum is one of the top things to visit while in the city. There are...
History & Culture: Cincinnati Art Museum
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.