Casa do Pontal Museum, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Travel tips > South America > Brazil > Rio De Janeiro > Casa do Pontal Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
But once you see it, you won't regret having come so far. The museum's surroundings are very pleasant, the ocean on one side and the mountains on another. The exhibits are part of a collection built by Jacques van de Beuque, a French designer, and it represents Brazilian culture in almost all its forms. Ceramic, clay and wood statuettes depict Brazilian rural life.
There also an 'adult' section of the exhibition, which I think is worth seeing thanks to its naivete and hilarity.The central piece of the museum is an intricate diorama depicting samba dancers.
Estrada do Pontal 3295, Rio de Janeiro
$4 for adults
$3 for students and seniors
free for children under 7
Recent travel tips for Rio De Janeiro
- Cafe SacrilegioThere are lots of wild clubs and bars in Rio, especially the high-class ones on the more popular beaches like Ipanema and Leblon. But if you are looking for something quieter, I advise you to check out Sacrilegio, located in an old [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Polis Sucos Juice BarsRio de Janeiro is chock full of juice bars, not surprise considering the temperature during the day. In any case, Polis Sucos, one of these chains of juice bars, offers some healthy and delicious alternatives to regular soft drinks. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Ipanema BeachThe beach at Ipanema is so beautiful that there have even been songs written about it (the famous Girl from Ipanema, which in my opinion captures perfectly the atmosphere of the place). In short, if you want to see one of the most [...]D: n/a00
- La Vereda Arts and Crafts BoutiqueIf you want to return home from your trip to Rio de Janeiro laden with presents for your family and friends, the stuff you can find at La Vereda beats anything you would buy at a regular tourist shop. Here you can find small decorations, [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Zaza Bistro Tropical RestaurantZaza is well known for its excellent cuisine, and the fact that it doesn't take sides when it comes to food preferences. There is about the same number of delicious meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, so you'll never be put into the [...]D: 0.1mi00
Things about Rio De Janeiro you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you...
General: Casino Hohensyburg
Varanasi Varanasi is an ancient city with decadent scene of numerous temples, vibrant markets, sadhus in clad of saffron, and riverside ghats. Try...
Family & Fun: Some amazing cities & destinations in republic of India
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The most significant factor which fulfills your requirements is a good planning as well as a fair travel preparation, no matter what will be the...
Sightseeing: Angkor Wat and Siem Reap luxury tour
Hi! Am Subindra Adhikari & I was born on the rugged but beautiful mountains of Nepal. I am an Experienced Mountain Guide from landlocked Nepal…&...
Outdoors Activities: Wel-come nepal trekking
If you'd like to stay more than just one day, I advise you the 'Cabana Art' hotel which is about 400 meters from the ski trails (half of the road...
Family & Fun: 'Cabana Art' pension in Arieseni
Fort Worth, Texas
Any type of GPS System is recommended .
General: GPS System
Houston Zoo is easily accessible as it is very close to other popular places of the city like the Hermann Park or the Museum district. Naturally,...
Family & Fun: The Houston Zoo
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
It's all about getting the lowest price possible for what you need in Sicily,Il. That's why our budget Sicily hotels are inexpensive but jam packed...
Food: Budget Sicily Hotels
We went on our hotel's recommendation to the Wild Fork in Utica Square to eat one night. We didn't have a reservation, but being in the...
Food: Wild Fork