Centro Cultural Carioca, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Travel tips > South America > Brazil > Rio De Janeiro > Centro Cultural Carioca
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
The goal of Carioca is to promote culture, and it manages to do so in a cozy, intimate setting. If you are staying in Rio for a longer time, it's worth checking out the dance classes offered by Carioca - in no time at all you'll be dancing the samba just like any local!
R. do Teatro - Centro, Rio de Janeiro, 20050-190, Brazil
$15-$20 depending on the show
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Rio De Janeiro
- Paço Imperial, Rio's Imperial PalaceIf you have half an hour or so of free time and you don't know what to do with yourself, I suggest you visit Paço Imperial, the former seat of Brazilian administration. The building itself is very beautiful, a good example of 18th [...]D: n/a00
- Ipanema BeachThe beach at Ipanema is so beautiful that there have even been songs written about it (the famous Girl from Ipanema, which in my opinion captures perfectly the atmosphere of the place). In short, if you want to see one of the most [...]D: n/a00
- The Christ, CorcovadoOne cannot leave Rio De Janeiro without visiting the statue of Christ the Redeemer. This 30 m high statue looks down on the city above the clouds of the Corcovado hill. You can get there either by foot or by the the Corcovado train - [...]D: 5.7mi10
- Cafe SacrilegioThere are lots of wild clubs and bars in Rio, especially the high-class ones on the more popular beaches like Ipanema and Leblon. But if you are looking for something quieter, I advise you to check out Sacrilegio, located in an old [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Sugarloaf MountainEverybody who's ever see a post-card of Rio knows about the huge, strangely shaped mountain overlooking the harbor and the city. This is Sugarloaf Mountain, called by the locals 'Bondinho' (because it looks like a loaf of unrefined sugar). [...]D: 3.2mi00
Things about Rio De Janeiro you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Better visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can...
Food: Traditional food
Belfast, United Kingdom
The wall Murals of Belfast are the symbols of the city. They depict the division of the streets and neighborhoods according to political an...
Sightseeing: The famous Murals
Manchester, United Kingdom
Never stops raining.
Jammu is vey crowded during the months of october and April due to the holy Navratri season in India. To get good accommodations during these times...
General: Travel tip
Rishikesh is a holy place with a list of interesting and historic places to visit. But the unknown fact is, Rishikesh is also meant for the thrill...
General: Rishikesh River Rafting Tips.
Visit the museum of ancient roman relicts and the roman baths in the city center.
General: The museum of ancient roman relicts
If you plan to go to Capri, take a look at the schedule of the ferries. Normally they go there at a certain time, but not every five minutes.
General: Check the schedule of the ferries
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Don't miss the Taal lake, when you are in Tagaytay. You can book a tour to cross the lake to the Volcano Island. You can reach the top either...
General: Taal Lake
Colorado Springs, Colorado
You may have seen the living conditions, the everyday life of people in Colorado Springs in the TV series Dr. Quinn-Medicine Woman. Taking a tour...
History & Culture: Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site