Ipanema Beach, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Travel tips > South America > Brazil > Rio De Janeiro > Ipanema Beach
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
In short, if you want to see one of the most emblematic beaches in Rio, Ipanema is the place to go. You should be warned that Ipanema is by no means cheap, and most of the terraces and restaurants are really expenses.
There are a few places with all-you-can eat offers, so you can go and grab a bite after a bout of swimming, suntanning or admiring the gorgeous folk prancing about on the beach.
Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro
How to get there:
You can either take a taxi or the bus if you're not lucky enough to have accommodation right next to the beach.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Rio De Janeiro
- Casa do Pontal MuseumI'm not going to lie to you, this museum is pretty far from the city center of Rio, it takes about an hour by car to get there. But once you see it, you won't regret having come so far. The museum's surroundings are very pleasant, the [...]D: n/a00
- Polis Sucos Juice BarsRio de Janeiro is chock full of juice bars, not surprise considering the temperature during the day. In any case, Polis Sucos, one of these chains of juice bars, offers some healthy and delicious alternatives to regular soft drinks. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Contemporary Art MuseumIt's easy to recognize this museum from afar even if you haven't been there before: just look or the building that looks like an alien space ship. The MAC, as it is also called, was designed by Oscar Niemeyer, a famous Brazilian [...]D: 7.3mi00
- La Vereda Arts and Crafts BoutiqueIf you want to return home from your trip to Rio de Janeiro laden with presents for your family and friends, the stuff you can find at La Vereda beats anything you would buy at a regular tourist shop. Here you can find small decorations, [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Sugarloaf MountainEverybody who's ever see a post-card of Rio knows about the huge, strangely shaped mountain overlooking the harbor and the city. This is Sugarloaf Mountain, called by the locals 'Bondinho' (because it looks like a loaf of unrefined sugar). [...]D: 3.2mi00
Things about Rio De Janeiro you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to rent rooms there for holidays, call the local tourist office. They can give you a long list of hotels and and so called 'pensionen'.
General: Tourisst acommodations
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
If you don't want to stay in Volos city try the seaside village of Amaliapolis - about 50km from Volos. It is really beautiful and has fantastic...
Beaches : Places to stay in Amaliapolis
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Hindu temple in Batu cave is very popular among both the locals especially Hindus and also the tourist. This is a great place to understand the...
History & Culture: Batu cave (Hindu temple)
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
It is good idea to have a rubber boat with you
General: Lake Dragan good to know
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...
New York, New York
Having breakfast in a cozy, friendly cafe which resembles an art gallery with its huge windows and warm lighting and constantly changing artistic...
Food: Doma Cafe & Gallery