Ipanema Beach, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Travel tips > South America > Brazil > Rio De Janeiro > Ipanema Beach
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
In short, if you want to see one of the most emblematic beaches in Rio, Ipanema is the place to go. You should be warned that Ipanema is by no means cheap, and most of the terraces and restaurants are really expenses.
There are a few places with all-you-can eat offers, so you can go and grab a bite after a bout of swimming, suntanning or admiring the gorgeous folk prancing about on the beach.
Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro
How to get there:
You can either take a taxi or the bus if you're not lucky enough to have accommodation right next to the beach.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Rio De Janeiro
- Museu Chácara do Céu Rio de JaneiroThis museum used to be the home of a famous French-born industrialist, and it actually still feels like somebody's home. A majestic, modernist, richly furnished house full of amazing pieces of Asian and European art, which used to belong to [...]D: 4.9mi00
- Casa do Pontal MuseumI'm not going to lie to you, this museum is pretty far from the city center of Rio, it takes about an hour by car to get there. But once you see it, you won't regret having come so far. The museum's surroundings are very pleasant, the [...]D: n/a00
- Zaza Bistro Tropical RestaurantZaza is well known for its excellent cuisine, and the fact that it doesn't take sides when it comes to food preferences. There is about the same number of delicious meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, so you'll never be put into the [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Cafe SacrilegioThere are lots of wild clubs and bars in Rio, especially the high-class ones on the more popular beaches like Ipanema and Leblon. But if you are looking for something quieter, I advise you to check out Sacrilegio, located in an old [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Paço Imperial, Rio's Imperial PalaceIf you have half an hour or so of free time and you don't know what to do with yourself, I suggest you visit Paço Imperial, the former seat of Brazilian administration. The building itself is very beautiful, a good example of 18th [...]D: n/a00
Things about Rio De Janeiro you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
We offer a variety of fully refurbished accommodations in the heart of Brisbane's central business district. Secure parking is available. There are...
Food: Last Minute Discount Brisbane Hotel Deals
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
If you want to visit Louvre and you're an art student, then I have a good news for you: the entry is for free. But be careful, not every kind of...
Sightseeing: Louvre free of charge for art students
Nightlife in Bangalore is amazing....it has umpteen number of pubs, lounges, restaurants, motels and hotels....this is the place to be ...:)
Night Life & Entertainment: The Vidhan Soudha
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
New York, New York
What I like best when I am in New York is walking around. I walk from the southern tip of Manhattan all the way up North to Grand Central Station....
General: Walking around
This is the most amazing children's museum we've been at. My children just couldn't get enough of it. There are so many interactive things to do...
Family & Fun: The Phoenix Children's Museum