Ipanema Beach, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Travel tips > South America > Brazil > Rio De Janeiro > Ipanema Beach
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
In short, if you want to see one of the most emblematic beaches in Rio, Ipanema is the place to go. You should be warned that Ipanema is by no means cheap, and most of the terraces and restaurants are really expenses.
There are a few places with all-you-can eat offers, so you can go and grab a bite after a bout of swimming, suntanning or admiring the gorgeous folk prancing about on the beach.
Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro
How to get there:
You can either take a taxi or the bus if you're not lucky enough to have accommodation right next to the beach.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Rio De Janeiro
- Zuka Restaurant in Rio de JaneiroIf you are spending your day lounging on the beaches of Leblon or in the vicinity, and you are not particularly stingy, do pay a visit to Zuka, one of the trendiest cafe/restaurants in the area. The food is delicious, and the chefs are [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Espirito Santa restaurantIf you want to have a genuine taste of Brazil (in the most literal sense possible), you should pay a visit to Espirito Santa restaurant, where the flavours of the Amazon are stronger than anywhere else. You can have a bowl of piranha soup, [...]D: 4.7mi00
- Contemporary Art MuseumIt's easy to recognize this museum from afar even if you haven't been there before: just look or the building that looks like an alien space ship. The MAC, as it is also called, was designed by Oscar Niemeyer, a famous Brazilian [...]D: 7.3mi00
- Zaza Bistro Tropical RestaurantZaza is well known for its excellent cuisine, and the fact that it doesn't take sides when it comes to food preferences. There is about the same number of delicious meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, so you'll never be put into the [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Academia da Cachaça bar in Rio de JaneiroAcademia da Cachaça is so typically Brazilian that no bar could be more patriotic-looking like it. It is decorated with the colours of the Brazilian flag, and like the names says, most of the drinks served here have cachaça in their [...]D: n/a00
Things about Rio De Janeiro you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
There are many beautiful and well preserved Victorian houses in Charlottetown, but most of them are private property and people live in them so you...
History & Culture: Beaconsfield Historic House
Good nightlife there, because of the university. Visit one of the local student pubs.
Night Life & Entertainment: Nightlife in Wurzburg
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
Es gibt das ganze Jahr ueber einen grossen Zirkus und einen Rummel.
Family & Fun: Zirkus und Rummel
Balboa Island, California
Go down there to visit family and friends. if you don't have any, in the area, I would go for a walk to see the cute houses and drink some coffee....
Family & Fun: Visit family and friends
Fort Worth, Texas
Located in downtown Fort Lauderdale, the Zambrano Wine Cellar is a perfect place for a friend-outing, a date or business dinner. It has a warm,...
Food: Zambrano Wine Cellar
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT
Though the South Mountain Education Center closed down in April due to budget reductions the hiking trails are still open to the public. When we...
Outdoors Activities: South Mountain Park Trails in Phoenix