Visit Pompeii, Naples, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Naples > Visit Pompeii
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Plan a full day when you go, as this will really require some time.
9am to 5pm but they won't let you in after 3pm
How to get there:
Take the CircumVesuviana and get off at Pompeii, the archaeological site is just about 100 feet away. If you decide to take the train instead from Napoli Centrale, you will need to walk towards the church (main square of Pompei). Take a left right after reaching the main square. The entrance will be about 300m to your right.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Naples
- National Museum of NaplesIf you are interested in greek and roman culture, you should definitely visit the national museum of Naples. There you can see excellent findings for example from Pompeii or other ancient digging sites. [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Museo Cappella SanseveroThe Sansevero museum is located in a former chapel in the old town of Naples. Inside there is one of the city's main attractions: the statue of the veiled Christ. The statue was created by the artist Giuseppe di SanMartino and represents [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Virgiliano ParkThe Virgiliano Park ('Parco della Rimembranza') is in the Posillipo district, a residential area of Naples. The park was built with a system of terraces, which are located just outside the Gulf. From the park you can enjoy the magnificent [...]D: 4.4mi00
- Pizzeria StaritaThis is one of the best places in Naples if you want to check out some real napolitan Pizza. The napolitan Pizza is famous for being a bit thicker than the Pizza you eat in other parts of the country. The dough is all fluffy though and [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Galleria Umberto INot far from Piazza del Plebiscite is the Galleria Umberto I. The Galleria was built at the end of the 19th century as a department store. The mosaic on the floor of the Galleria is remarkable as therest of the building, and shows the [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Naples you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The place is not really cheap, indeed, but you may mostly see businessmen there. I would recommend to try some of the cocktails -if you are not...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cafe-Bar M1
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
If you spend some time in Barcelona, you can take a one day trip to the nearby Montserrat Shrine. The monastery is one of the most popular sites...
Outdoors Activities: Montserrat Shrine
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
Welcome to MyCebuRealEstate your wealth of information on Cebu Real Estate and Philippine Real Estate. Having a hard time finding the perfect...
General: Cebu Real Estate - Cebu House - Philippine Real Estate
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
Near the cave just about a 1 mile you can find a great place for camping, with grass and a little brook
General: A little camping
Boca Raton, Florida
Town Center: Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Macy's.
Shopping: BEST SHOPPING
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's