National Museum of Naples, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Naples > National Museum of Naples
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Piazza Museo 19, 80135 Napoli
Tel. 039.081.440166 - Fax 039.081.440013
Admittance free: under 18 years and over 65 from the EU and reciprocally conventioned countries; students of some university faculties.
Reduced: € 3,25 from 18 to 25 age and school teachers.
Cumulative ticket: € 8,50 (valid for 3 days) including the visit to the Museums, monuments and archaeological areas of the Campi Flegrei.
ArteCard: € 13,00; reduced € 8.00 (valid for 60 hours) including the visit at other Museums of Naples and public trasportation. (http://www.artecard.it)
VISITING HOURS Every day:
9:00 am - 20:00 pm (entry actually allowed 19:00 p.m.) Closed: Tusday, a° January, 25 December
How to get there:
Take the taxi or the subway (station: Piazza Cavour).
The Museum can be reached by Sorrento, Pompeii or Herculaneum by using the Circumvesuviana train.
There´s no direct parking space available next to the museum.
Recent travel tips for Naples
- Visit PompeiiWhile in Naples, you have to make sure that you visit Pompeii. It might be the most important Roman/Greek archeological site out there. Pompeii was buried during the eruption of Mt. Vesuvio in 79AD. Today it is excavated and visitors can [...]D: 13.7mi00
- Napoli SotterraneaTo experience views of Naples from underneath, it is worth to do a one hour tour of the catacombs of Naples. Especially interesting an bizarre: The descent into the catacombs takes you through a typical Neapolitan student apartment. Also [...]D: 0.8mi00
- SpaccanapoliSpaccanapoli is the road that divides Naples. If you want to experience the real Neapolitan flair, you simply cannot miss the Spaccanapoli, which was created as 'decumano inferiore' by the ancient Romans. It starts in Forcella near the [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Museo Cappella SanseveroThe Sansevero museum is located in a former chapel in the old town of Naples. Inside there is one of the city's main attractions: the statue of the veiled Christ. The statue was created by the artist Giuseppe di SanMartino and represents [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Galleria Umberto INot far from Piazza del Plebiscite is the Galleria Umberto I. The Galleria was built at the end of the 19th century as a department store. The mosaic on the floor of the Galleria is remarkable as therest of the building, and shows the [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Naples you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
This is not a very big zoo, but a very nice one. They take really good care of the animals and try to make their places as natural like as possible...
Outdoors Activities: Zoological Gardens
We are one of the top traveling agencies in Cameroon managed by a group of Directors and personelle who are well experienced and versed with...
When going to this place make sure you stay at a 4star,you will enjoy your holiday better.
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
If you are at Cologne, you definitely should visit this museum, if you´re interested in history of ancient romans and similar epoch´s. It shows...
History & Culture: Roman germanic museum at the city center
If you want to go for bathing, just take the train to the Bodensee in the summer. It goes regularly down there.
Outdoors Activities: Bathing
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
Boat Quay is a nice place to hang out, it's more touristy and modern, but has some good bars and restaurants. At night go for Mohamed Sultan Road,...
General: Boat Quay and Mohamed Sultan Road
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT
Going to visit family n friends in paradise!
General: Family n friends