Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Hong Kong > Victoria Harbour
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
You can see like fourty skyscrapers from here and the whole vital pulse of this amazing city. You can walk on the shore and admire the view, but I would recommend to see the place from the water.
You can take the Harbour's cruise, the Star Ferry, which is very modern and ideal for those who like comfort, or, which is even better, you can take a ride in a traditional Chinese junk, a special boat with red sailes, it is amazing! To be honest, neither of these is cheap (except for the walking), but if you can afford it, you really shouldn't miss to see the Harbour.
If you go late in the evening, you can witness something even more spectacular, the so called Symphony og Lights, when all the skyscrapers of Hong Kong extravagantly flodlitted in very many colours. It's just wonderful!
Rather expensive, both the harbour cruise and the traditional Chinese boat.
From the morning until late in the evening.
Recent travel tips for Hong Kong
- B P International Hotel in Hong KongThis Hotel, though from its name it might sound more like a hostel, is a comfortable, cozy place which I would return to if I went back to Hong Kong. The rooms are a bit small, but considering the high population of the city and the [...]D: 2.4mi00
- Victoria Peak on Hong Kong IslandWhen visiting Hong Kong, one of the main places to go is Victoria Peak on Hong Kong Island. Being Hong Kong’s highest point, the view from the peak, on a clear day, is spectacular. You should also go up in the evening or if you’re [...]D: n/a00
- Ocean Park in Hong KongOne of the greatest attractions of Asia, Ocean Park is a must see when going to Hong Kong. It is one of the world’s most visited amusement parks, having been built before Disneyland. It has so many facilities you can’t even choose. [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- The Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau IslandThe world’s biggest outdoor Buddha statue is considered the Tian Tan Buddha on one of Hong Kong’s islands. It is a huge statue, made of bronze, sitting in the traditional ‘do not fear mudra’ position. It was completed in 1993, [...]D: n/a01
- Chilli n Spice Hong Kong RestaurantI have to admit, this restaurant really got to me with it's giant shrimp which they prepared on the spot, in front of me. Fresh and tasty, it was absolutely delicious. We were seated at the edge, we were lucky we got a table. They had a [...]D: 5199.9mi00
Things about Hong Kong you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Brief Introduction of Yangshuo: Yangshuo is famous for its picturesque landscape and the hopping West Street. Here you must be absorbed in the...
Sightseeing: Different Li River in Different Seasons.
I guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week...
Outdoors Activities: Walking on the Wattenmeer
Hello to all, the Association organizes travel in Natura & Avventura desertakakus,Travel is the best way to discover desert. We are a small...
General: Natura & Avventura
Los Cabos, Mexico
A really beautiful place to spend some days and nights at. The Marbella is not only gorgeous and with a unique, Mexican-style design, but located...
General: Marbella Suites en la Playa in Los Cabos
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
York, United Kingdom
York is a beautiful walled city on the river Ouse, with Viking roots and archeology to explore in the Viking Centre, Tudor buildings overhanging...
General: The Cliffords Tower and Castle Museum
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
Icelanders love their coffee. In fact, they enjoy it so much that Iceland is ranked fourth in the world for its coffee habit. It's guessed that...
Food: Where to Eat and Drink in Reykjavik ?
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
New York, New York
I recommend the Hudson Hotel and the eatery, 5 Napkins, on 9th ave.
General: Hudson Hotel