Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Hong Kong > Victoria Harbour
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
You can see like fourty skyscrapers from here and the whole vital pulse of this amazing city. You can walk on the shore and admire the view, but I would recommend to see the place from the water.
You can take the Harbour's cruise, the Star Ferry, which is very modern and ideal for those who like comfort, or, which is even better, you can take a ride in a traditional Chinese junk, a special boat with red sailes, it is amazing! To be honest, neither of these is cheap (except for the walking), but if you can afford it, you really shouldn't miss to see the Harbour.
If you go late in the evening, you can witness something even more spectacular, the so called Symphony og Lights, when all the skyscrapers of Hong Kong extravagantly flodlitted in very many colours. It's just wonderful!
Rather expensive, both the harbour cruise and the traditional Chinese boat.
From the morning until late in the evening.
Recent travel tips for Hong Kong
- The Man Mo Temple of Hong KongDedicated to the God of Literature, Man and the God of War, Kwan Yu (called also Mo), the temple is a very old, sacred place where disputes were solved in the early times but now serves as a refuge for the believers and locals. The [...]D: 5199.9mi01
- Top Things To Do In Hong KongHong Kong is the perfect blend of east and west . There’s vibrancy, colour, noise and lots and lots of people. There are also colonial buildings, you can go for afternoon tea and you can buy anything you want in the supermarkets. Hong [...]D: 9.3mi00
- The Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau IslandThe world’s biggest outdoor Buddha statue is considered the Tian Tan Buddha on one of Hong Kong’s islands. It is a huge statue, made of bronze, sitting in the traditional ‘do not fear mudra’ position. It was completed in 1993, [...]D: n/a01
- Ocean Park in Hong KongOne of the greatest attractions of Asia, Ocean Park is a must see when going to Hong Kong. It is one of the world’s most visited amusement parks, having been built before Disneyland. It has so many facilities you can’t even choose. [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- B P International Hotel in Hong KongThis Hotel, though from its name it might sound more like a hostel, is a comfortable, cozy place which I would return to if I went back to Hong Kong. The rooms are a bit small, but considering the high population of the city and the [...]D: 2.4mi00
Things about Hong Kong you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Know how to ride a push bike, as thats what everyone does!
If you want to visit the wonderful and peaceful island of Schinoussa(Greece)the Blue Star Ferries have two direct lines, one on Sunday and the...
Public Transportation: Travel to Schinoussa
It is a world of its own! The west of India has its unique culture, history, people and places of interest that should be explored! There are so...
Family & Fun: Tourist Places in Gujarat
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
Port-of-spain, Trinidad And Tobago
Woodford Square is one of the nicest place to visit it.
General: Woodford Square
Fort Worth, Texas
Dedicated to preserve a little bit of Texas history, log cabins from various locations around the country were disassembled and reassembled in an...
History & Culture: Log Cabin Village
Miami Beach, Florida
Amazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen,...
Beaches : Nikki Beach in Miami Beach
We visited the painting exhibition of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and their Picasso collection just took our breath away. We were always drawn...
History & Culture: Philadelphia Museum of Art