Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Hong Kong > Victoria Harbour
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
You can see like fourty skyscrapers from here and the whole vital pulse of this amazing city. You can walk on the shore and admire the view, but I would recommend to see the place from the water.
You can take the Harbour's cruise, the Star Ferry, which is very modern and ideal for those who like comfort, or, which is even better, you can take a ride in a traditional Chinese junk, a special boat with red sailes, it is amazing! To be honest, neither of these is cheap (except for the walking), but if you can afford it, you really shouldn't miss to see the Harbour.
If you go late in the evening, you can witness something even more spectacular, the so called Symphony og Lights, when all the skyscrapers of Hong Kong extravagantly flodlitted in very many colours. It's just wonderful!
Rather expensive, both the harbour cruise and the traditional Chinese boat.
From the morning until late in the evening.
Recent travel tips for Hong Kong
- The Man Mo Temple of Hong KongDedicated to the God of Literature, Man and the God of War, Kwan Yu (called also Mo), the temple is a very old, sacred place where disputes were solved in the early times but now serves as a refuge for the believers and locals. The [...]D: 5199.9mi01
- City Hall Maxim’s Place, Best Restaurant in Hong KongIt is one of the best places I've eaten at while I was in Hong Kong. The whole place has a nice kind of buzz to it, with waitresses pushing food trays around for you to choose from. This way, you can see what you're choosing to eat instead [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- Repulse Bay of Hong KongRepulse Bay is THE beach to go to when you visit Hong Kong. It is one of the most sought beaches of Hong Kong Island, in the southern part of the island. The greatest part of the beach is that there aren’t quite so many people lazing [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- The Ramada Hotel in Hong KongA very comfortable, cozy hotel with great services, the Ramada was worth the money. We got a room on the 12th floor, and we had an excellent view of the city with its bustling everyday traffic. Our room was not so big, but it was really [...]D: 2mi00
- Lanson Place Hotel in Hong KongThis is hotel is THE hotel to stay at, when visiting Hong Kong. They have excellent service, the whole environment of the hotel emanates comfort, elegance and luxury. The staff are very helpful, speaking excellent English and always at [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Hong Kong you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Crowne Plaza was renovated and remodeled in 2005 and though it doesn't have the typical Chinese charm it is a very comfortable, elegant and...
General: The Crowne Plaza Hotel in Beijing
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
Ostia Antica, Italy
Wenn man in der Gegend ist, sollte man auf jedenfall die antike Stadt Ostia besuchen. Am besten morgens, da es mittags ziemlich heiß werden kann,...
General: Besuchen Sie die antike Stadt am Morgen
The Angio d'Or, ot Golden Angel is a very nice little place with acceptable prices. The atmosphere is very intimate and I was told that the...
Food: Angiol d'Or
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Don't miss the Taal lake, when you are in Tagaytay. You can book a tour to cross the lake to the Volcano Island. You can reach the top either...
General: Taal Lake
This playground is the perfect place for kids and families with young children. Everything in the Rotary Storyland Playland is designed for fun and...
Family & Fun: Rotary Storyland Playland
This is probably the most amazing canyon you can visit. Unfortunately, you cannot add any photos via this tool yet, but basically you feel like you...
Sightseeing: Antelope Canyon
Raleigh, North Carolina
Located in the building which has been the Seaboard Train Station years ago, the 18 Seaboard Restaurant offers a wide variety of tasty food in a...
Food: 18 Seaboard Restaurant
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets