Star Ferry Tours on the Hong Kong Waters, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Hong Kong > Star Ferry Tours on the Hong Kong Waters
- Public Transportation travel tip
- City center
Actually there are only 12 ferries that tour the waters around Hong Kong. They make short trips, presenting the beautiful view of the city from the sea, and longer ones to Kowloon, and Hong Kong Island. It is a worthwhile experience to go on a cruise on a ship that is as much part of the city’s history as the fact that the city is the most densely populated area in the world.
Star Ferry Pier, Kowloon Point, Tsim Sha Tsui,
Kowloon, Hong Kong.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hong Kong
- Chilli n Spice Hong Kong RestaurantI have to admit, this restaurant really got to me with it's giant shrimp which they prepared on the spot, in front of me. Fresh and tasty, it was absolutely delicious. We were seated at the edge, we were lucky we got a table. They had a [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- The Ramada Hotel in Hong KongA very comfortable, cozy hotel with great services, the Ramada was worth the money. We got a room on the 12th floor, and we had an excellent view of the city with its bustling everyday traffic. Our room was not so big, but it was really [...]D: 2mi00
- Top Things To Do In Hong KongHong Kong is the perfect blend of east and west . There’s vibrancy, colour, noise and lots and lots of people. There are also colonial buildings, you can go for afternoon tea and you can buy anything you want in the supermarkets. Hong [...]D: 9.3mi00
- City Hall Maxim’s Place, Best Restaurant in Hong KongIt is one of the best places I've eaten at while I was in Hong Kong. The whole place has a nice kind of buzz to it, with waitresses pushing food trays around for you to choose from. This way, you can see what you're choosing to eat instead [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- The Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau IslandThe world’s biggest outdoor Buddha statue is considered the Tian Tan Buddha on one of Hong Kong’s islands. It is a huge statue, made of bronze, sitting in the traditional ‘do not fear mudra’ position. It was completed in 1993, [...]D: n/a01
Things about Hong Kong you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
It´s an open air museum from stone age and bronze age times (4.000 to 850 BC). You can see there a lot of historic and authentic reconstructed...
History & Culture: Museum of neolithic settlement
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
The Tokyo Tower, being the tallest freestanding tower in the world, is a major attraction to visitors from all over the country. It has two...
Sightseeing: Tokyo Tower
Raffles Hotel is notoriously expensive, so not many people can afford to dine there, never mind sleep there. But here's some good news for the...
Food: Ah Teng’s Bakery
They may have the best steaks in Bakersfield, and being a popular place, the Hungry Hunter Steakhouse was well-packed when we went there to dine. ...
Food: Hungry Hunter Steakhouse
Balboa Island, California
Go down there to visit family and friends. if you don't have any, in the area, I would go for a walk to see the cute houses and drink some coffee....
Family & Fun: Visit family and friends
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets