The Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau Island, Hong Kong, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Hong Kong > The Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau Island
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
An interesting fact about it is that in contrast with other Buddha statues, the Tian Tan faces north and not south.
If you visit the statue you have to keep in mind that there is a really long stairway leading up to the top. After counting about 200 steps I gave up. :) The long way is really worth your effort, however. The statue and the view from the top is spectacular.
Ngong Ping, Lantau Island, Hong Kong
No admission fee, it is outdoors.
10:00am – 6:00pm Monday – Friday (operating hours of the cable car)
How to get there:
By ferry to Mui Wo or by MTR subway to Tung Chung. Up to the top you can travel with the Ngong Ping 360 cable car.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hong Kong
- The Ramada Hotel in Hong KongA very comfortable, cozy hotel with great services, the Ramada was worth the money. We got a room on the 12th floor, and we had an excellent view of the city with its bustling everyday traffic. Our room was not so big, but it was really [...]D: 2mi00
- Repulse Bay of Hong KongRepulse Bay is THE beach to go to when you visit Hong Kong. It is one of the most sought beaches of Hong Kong Island, in the southern part of the island. The greatest part of the beach is that there aren’t quite so many people lazing [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- Top Things To Do In Hong KongHong Kong is the perfect blend of east and west . There’s vibrancy, colour, noise and lots and lots of people. There are also colonial buildings, you can go for afternoon tea and you can buy anything you want in the supermarkets. Hong [...]D: 9.3mi00
- Ocean Park in Hong KongOne of the greatest attractions of Asia, Ocean Park is a must see when going to Hong Kong. It is one of the world’s most visited amusement parks, having been built before Disneyland. It has so many facilities you can’t even choose. [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- City Hall Maxim’s Place, Best Restaurant in Hong KongIt is one of the best places I've eaten at while I was in Hong Kong. The whole place has a nice kind of buzz to it, with waitresses pushing food trays around for you to choose from. This way, you can see what you're choosing to eat instead [...]D: 5199.9mi00
Things about Hong Kong you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
We are one of the top traveling agencies in Cameroon managed by a group of Directors and personelle who are well experienced and versed with...
If you want to take a look at Ravensburg not only from the streets, climb up the Blaserturm and look all over the central place Marienplatz and the...
Family & Fun: The Blaserturm
Visiting Jerusalem don't miss the Via Dolorosa which is, according to the Christian tradition, the path that the messiah walked with his cross on...
General: Via Dolorosa Stations of the Cross
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
We had a beautiful night at the Musica a Palazzo a few months back. We watched the La Traviata and it was just magnificent. The whole show was...
Night Life & Entertainment: Musica a Palazzo
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
Tacking taxis isnt so expensive, so use them to get from A to B.
General: Taxi's are cheap
By day, Aiko is a sushi lounge with some of the best sushi you can taste in Atlanta, and by night it transforms into a hot nightclub and martini...
Night Life & Entertainment: Aiko Lounge in Atlanta