The Mid-Autumn Festival in Hong Kong, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Hong Kong > The Mid-Autumn Festival in Hong Kong
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The show that I liked during the whole festival season was the lantern show. Every year the main subjects are dragons, in every shape, size and color, Dragon being the sacred animal of China. There are several other lanterns featuring sacred animals, divinities. The festival’s theme however is the celebration of the Goddess Seun O, who more than 2000 ago has ascended to the Heavens. The people of Hong Kong hold this festival every year in her memory. It is an event one shouldn’t miss!
Oh, and don't miss to try out the traditional moon cakes that are baked during the festival. They are delicious!
Victoria Park Hong Kong - 2508 1234
How to get there:
Underground (MTR): Services to Causeway Bay and follow exit signs for Victoria Park.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong University of Science and TechnologyThough it is a place to study and you may be in Hong Kong in visit, this place is definitely a sight to see, mostly because the whole campus looks like a beach complex. And to know that there are people who study in such a beautiful place, [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- Victoria HarbourThis is something you definitely must see if you are in Hong Kong. Voctoria Harbour is simply fabulous and very busy. This is the greatest view onto the city you can ever imagine. You can see like fourty skyscrapers from here and the [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Star Ferry Tours on the Hong Kong WatersThe ferries of the Star Ferry Company are a national emblem in Hong Kong. They are history in themselves, operating since the end of the 1880s. These ferries are so much a piece of the city as the double-deckers are of London. Actually [...]D: n/a00
- The Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau IslandThe world’s biggest outdoor Buddha statue is considered the Tian Tan Buddha on one of Hong Kong’s islands. It is a huge statue, made of bronze, sitting in the traditional ‘do not fear mudra’ position. It was completed in 1993, [...]D: n/a01
- The Hong Kong ParkWhen you think of a park, you imagine a green environment, with a lot of trees, paved walks winding through them, and benches alongside the roads. There are fountains or a lake, people are having picnic on the green grass, and others are [...]D: 5199.9mi00
Things about Hong Kong you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
In Paralia you can rent two kind of vehicle: a scooter (there are small ones for one person and bigger ones for two persons too) or an ATV. Those...
Outdoors Activities: Renting scooter or ATV
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary is on the way from Mysore to Sultan Bathery. It is spread over 344 square kms. and is about 16 km east of Sultan...
Outdoors Activities: Muthanga wild life sanctuary
The concept of public transportation might not suite this city, for getting around in Venice means that people have to move around either on...
Public Transportation: Getting Around in Venice
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Cambodia is a tiny destination with a lot of historic and natural tourist sites and attractions which attracts travelers from all around the world....
General: Destination to include on your cambodia tour packages
Hanoi, Papua New Guinea
Vietnam shares its borders with Laos, Cambodia and China. It presents wonderful opportunities to discover it’s natural and wonder tourist...
General: How to choose a Vietnam luxury tour?
If you'd like to stay more than just one day, I advise you the 'Cabana Art' hotel which is about 400 meters from the ski trails (half of the road...
Family & Fun: 'Cabana Art' pension in Arieseni
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley
A rustic small restaurant that you fall in love with from the first time you step through its doors. The Waterboy has a welcoming ambiance and an...
Food: The Waterboy