The Mid-Autumn Festival in Hong Kong, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Hong Kong > The Mid-Autumn Festival in Hong Kong
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The show that I liked during the whole festival season was the lantern show. Every year the main subjects are dragons, in every shape, size and color, Dragon being the sacred animal of China. There are several other lanterns featuring sacred animals, divinities. The festival’s theme however is the celebration of the Goddess Seun O, who more than 2000 ago has ascended to the Heavens. The people of Hong Kong hold this festival every year in her memory. It is an event one shouldn’t miss!
Oh, and don't miss to try out the traditional moon cakes that are baked during the festival. They are delicious!
Victoria Park Hong Kong - 2508 1234
How to get there:
Underground (MTR): Services to Causeway Bay and follow exit signs for Victoria Park.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hong Kong
- Star Ferry Tours on the Hong Kong WatersThe ferries of the Star Ferry Company are a national emblem in Hong Kong. They are history in themselves, operating since the end of the 1880s. These ferries are so much a piece of the city as the double-deckers are of London. Actually [...]D: n/a00
- City Hall Maxim’s Place, Best Restaurant in Hong KongIt is one of the best places I've eaten at while I was in Hong Kong. The whole place has a nice kind of buzz to it, with waitresses pushing food trays around for you to choose from. This way, you can see what you're choosing to eat instead [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- Lanson Place Hotel in Hong KongThis is hotel is THE hotel to stay at, when visiting Hong Kong. They have excellent service, the whole environment of the hotel emanates comfort, elegance and luxury. The staff are very helpful, speaking excellent English and always at [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Chilli n Spice Hong Kong RestaurantI have to admit, this restaurant really got to me with it's giant shrimp which they prepared on the spot, in front of me. Fresh and tasty, it was absolutely delicious. We were seated at the edge, we were lucky we got a table. They had a [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- Victoria HarbourThis is something you definitely must see if you are in Hong Kong. Voctoria Harbour is simply fabulous and very busy. This is the greatest view onto the city you can ever imagine. You can see like fourty skyscrapers from here and the [...]D: 5.2mi00
Things about Hong Kong you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The square is one of the most visited sights in Beijing, if not in China. It is a huge place, filled with locals and tourists alike and is the...
Sightseeing: Tiananmen Square in Beijing
This is the little promenade of Wyk auf Föhr. There is some nice scenary as well as neat little cafes. You should try a fish or crab soup at...
Sightseeing: Wyk auf Föhr Promenade
You can get a discount at the entertainment park entrance if you keep your parking ticket :)
General: Save your money
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
Kodaikanal is a popular hill station in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. This hill station is famous for its scenic beauty and Kodai Lake....
Night Life & Entertainment: Kodaikanal tour packages
New Delhi, India
Rajasthan is one of the amzing travel point in world
Outdoors Activities: TRAVEL
For anyone on this site that is interested in coming to Jamaica for vacation I would first suggest that you not spend the ridiculous amount for...
General: Paradise Jamaica
The Sahara desert is the largest desert on earth, with a size bigger then the USA. Once you get into the Sahara you really will get a feel for the...
Sightseeing: The Sahara Desert
Hello! I'd really like to tell you about my recent trip to the Chernobyl zone. This place is sadly known for one of the most tragic events in the...
History & Culture: Chernobyl Trips
Boca Raton, Florida
Town Center: Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Macy's.
Shopping: BEST SHOPPING