The Mid-Autumn Festival in Hong Kong, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Hong Kong > The Mid-Autumn Festival in Hong Kong
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The show that I liked during the whole festival season was the lantern show. Every year the main subjects are dragons, in every shape, size and color, Dragon being the sacred animal of China. There are several other lanterns featuring sacred animals, divinities. The festival’s theme however is the celebration of the Goddess Seun O, who more than 2000 ago has ascended to the Heavens. The people of Hong Kong hold this festival every year in her memory. It is an event one shouldn’t miss!
Oh, and don't miss to try out the traditional moon cakes that are baked during the festival. They are delicious!
Victoria Park Hong Kong - 2508 1234
How to get there:
Underground (MTR): Services to Causeway Bay and follow exit signs for Victoria Park.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hong Kong
- The Man Mo Temple of Hong KongDedicated to the God of Literature, Man and the God of War, Kwan Yu (called also Mo), the temple is a very old, sacred place where disputes were solved in the early times but now serves as a refuge for the believers and locals. The [...]D: 5199.9mi01
- Lanson Place Hotel in Hong KongThis is hotel is THE hotel to stay at, when visiting Hong Kong. They have excellent service, the whole environment of the hotel emanates comfort, elegance and luxury. The staff are very helpful, speaking excellent English and always at [...]D: 1.6mi00
- B P International Hotel in Hong KongThis Hotel, though from its name it might sound more like a hostel, is a comfortable, cozy place which I would return to if I went back to Hong Kong. The rooms are a bit small, but considering the high population of the city and the [...]D: 2.4mi00
- Victoria Peak on Hong Kong IslandWhen visiting Hong Kong, one of the main places to go is Victoria Peak on Hong Kong Island. Being Hong Kong’s highest point, the view from the peak, on a clear day, is spectacular. You should also go up in the evening or if you’re [...]D: n/a00
- Must-Try Chinese FoodsAmong the so many exotic, and spicy foods which are so popular in Chinese restaurants, there are some dishes/foods that you should not miss if you visit the country. For a copious meal you have to try the roast pork. This meal can be [...]D: n/a00
Things about Hong Kong you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
New Delhi, India
The India Gate is the national monument of India. It is one of the largest war memorials in India. Situated in the heart of New Delhi, India Gate...
History & Culture: India Gate
Shimla, the picturesque city in Himanchal Pradesh is widely adored for snow covered mountains, mesmerising greenery, splendid lakes, and pleasant...
Sightseeing: Top Tourist Places to Visit in Shimla
Visit the museum of ancient roman relicts and the roman baths in the city center.
General: The museum of ancient roman relicts
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
Macritchie reservior is a beautiful and serene place where there alot of flora and fauna. There are many types of plants and trees. Often these...
Outdoors Activities: MacRitchie Reservoir
In summer the best way to cool down, beside a shower is eating ice cream. And the most delicious ones I've eaten are at Graeter's Ice Cream...
Food: Graeter's Ice Cream
Located in downtown Fresno, this Bar and Grill locale serves the most excellent American food in the whole city. You go either for lunch or dinner,...
Food: Cosmopolitan Tavern
For me this bookstore is Heaven on Earth!! I always loved to read while eating a snack or drink a cup of hot chocolate and to find a place that...
Shopping: Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe
This garden is a must see for anyone who's visiting Portland, especially of you have a fondness for roses. It is the oldest official,...
Outdoors Activities: International Rose Test Garden