The Man Mo Temple of Hong Kong, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Hong Kong > The Man Mo Temple of Hong Kong
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The temple is quite hidden, so it is not so easy to find it, but taking a look at it is definitely worth your time. The whole atmosphere in the temple has something peaceful and interestingly comforting about it. Maybe it is because of the many incense candles burning and making the air heavy. :) In any case, you feel somewhat like home inside, though you are aware that it is a totally different environment/world; at least this is what I felt when I was there.
On a different note, you should be aware of falling ashes from the incenses and if you decided to visit the place, you could also try to get a glimpse of your future. There are fortune-tellers around the temple who are quite popular among the locals as well.
124-26 Western End, Hollywood Rd, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong Island
How to get there:
Transport: with bus no. 26
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hong Kong
- B P International Hotel in Hong KongThis Hotel, though from its name it might sound more like a hostel, is a comfortable, cozy place which I would return to if I went back to Hong Kong. The rooms are a bit small, but considering the high population of the city and the [...]D: 2.4mi00
- Ocean Park in Hong KongOne of the greatest attractions of Asia, Ocean Park is a must see when going to Hong Kong. It is one of the world’s most visited amusement parks, having been built before Disneyland. It has so many facilities you can’t even choose. [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- The Ramada Hotel in Hong KongA very comfortable, cozy hotel with great services, the Ramada was worth the money. We got a room on the 12th floor, and we had an excellent view of the city with its bustling everyday traffic. Our room was not so big, but it was really [...]D: 2mi00
- Star Ferry Tours on the Hong Kong WatersThe ferries of the Star Ferry Company are a national emblem in Hong Kong. They are history in themselves, operating since the end of the 1880s. These ferries are so much a piece of the city as the double-deckers are of London. Actually [...]D: n/a00
- The Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau IslandThe world’s biggest outdoor Buddha statue is considered the Tian Tan Buddha on one of Hong Kong’s islands. It is a huge statue, made of bronze, sitting in the traditional ‘do not fear mudra’ position. It was completed in 1993, [...]D: n/a01
Things about Hong Kong you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Schaffhausen, you should take a look at the well knwon Waterfalls of the River Rhein there. Also the surrounding nature is worth to...
Outdoors Activities: Waterfalls of the Rhein River
However, if you can, avoid Frankfurt and go to Munich. :)
General: Avoid it and go to Munich
This is one of my favorite brunch places in Munich. it offers a ton of different types of foods and they are really fresh and healthy. Even if you...
Food: Brunch at the Bavarese
Check your holiday acommodation 100%, if you rent a holiday house.
General: Holiday house
You really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city.
General: The temple of Apollo
Kodaikanal is a popular hill station in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. This hill station is famous for its scenic beauty and Kodai Lake....
Night Life & Entertainment: Kodaikanal tour packages
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
Diesel is one of the most stylish and coolest bars I have been too. What's amazing about the place is the fact that the club is built into this...
Night Life & Entertainment: Diesel
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Though not the largest and biggest Indian Restaurant, the India Kitchen Restaurant is definitely the best of them. Not only because its service is...
Food: India Kitchen Restaurant
Kansas City, Missouri
The Kansas City Library is the most unique and interesting library in the world, I'd say, because I don't think there is a building that...
History & Culture: Kansas City Library