The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Hong Kong > The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The University is found between Clear Water Bay and Sai Kung; it has a beautiful architecture with white exterior and many, many windows, the building trying to use as little space as possible. Though the building's walls are white they fit quite well into their surroundings. It is a truly amazing sight and a place worth visiting.
Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, 2358 6000
Free to visit.
In the daytime.
How to get there:
There are various buses to the University; the best one would be the #298 bus from Lam Tin MTR Station whose last stop is the Uni.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hong Kong
- Star Ferry Tours on the Hong Kong WatersThe ferries of the Star Ferry Company are a national emblem in Hong Kong. They are history in themselves, operating since the end of the 1880s. These ferries are so much a piece of the city as the double-deckers are of London. Actually [...]D: n/a00
- Ocean Park in Hong KongOne of the greatest attractions of Asia, Ocean Park is a must see when going to Hong Kong. It is one of the world’s most visited amusement parks, having been built before Disneyland. It has so many facilities you can’t even choose. [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- Repulse Bay of Hong KongRepulse Bay is THE beach to go to when you visit Hong Kong. It is one of the most sought beaches of Hong Kong Island, in the southern part of the island. The greatest part of the beach is that there aren’t quite so many people lazing [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- The Ramada Hotel in Hong KongA very comfortable, cozy hotel with great services, the Ramada was worth the money. We got a room on the 12th floor, and we had an excellent view of the city with its bustling everyday traffic. Our room was not so big, but it was really [...]D: 2mi00
- The Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau IslandThe world’s biggest outdoor Buddha statue is considered the Tian Tan Buddha on one of Hong Kong’s islands. It is a huge statue, made of bronze, sitting in the traditional ‘do not fear mudra’ position. It was completed in 1993, [...]D: n/a01
Things about Hong Kong you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
If you'd like to go to ski but you don't have equipment for it, don't worry! On the way to the ski trails many little 'shops' are opened from where...
Outdoors Activities: Renting skis in Arieseni
In the center of the town there is a beautiful church, the 'Szent Mihaly Templom' and in front of it lies the prize-winner statue of one of the...
History & Culture: The St. Michael church and the Mathias statue
We got to see and experience a little bit of the every-day life of Bakersfield at Luigi's Restaurant where the first thing you notice is that...
Food: Luigi's Restaurant
I was amazed every time I wen to Lindey's, because their top-notch service and excellent quality food never seized to amaze me. I really...