The Old Library Trinity Collage, Dublin, Ireland
Travel tips > Europe > Ireland > Dublin > The Old Library Trinity Collage
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can barely imagine the amount of books there and the atmosphere of gratitude that captures you when you step in. Besides the walk among the thousands of books the Old Library offers exhibitions as well. The most famous is the Book of Kells exhibition. The Book of Kells is a world famous 9th century manuscript of the four gospels that was written on calfskin. Other old manuscripts are also exhibited besides this one.
The so called Long Room of the library gives place to more than 200,000 of the oldest books of the library. It's wonderful. I think I could move in there. :)
Trinity Collage Dublin
Adults 9 Euro
Students and seniors 8 Euro
Free for children under 12
Monday-Saturday: 09:30 - 17:00
Sunday (May-September): 09:30 - 16:30
Sunday (October-April): 12:00 - 16:30
How to get there:
It is in the center of Dublin. You can get there by the DART rail line, the nearest stations are Pearse Street and Connolly Station.
Recent travel tips for Dublin
- Clontarf CastleIf you like good food and a guiness in a noble atmosphere, you should go there. You can even get very good rooms in the hotel, not cheap but ver well equipped. [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Dublin Writers MuseumIf you like literature, Writers Museum is something you should definitely see. Here you can have a taste of the immense literary past the city has. No matter how well you think you know one writer or another, you may always ind here [...]D: 0.7mi00
- The Castle of DublinThe Castle of Dublin was built in the 12the century. It was the residence of the Viceroys of Ireland during the English rule. The castle has more facilities that can be visited by tourists. It's all wonderful. The castle still gives home [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Great Pub in DublinDublin is famous for its numerous pubs. My favorite one, if that is even possible, is the Ha'penny Bridge Inn. Nights are really great there with live music from traditional Irish to jazz and also great and famous comedy nights. They are [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Dublin view from the riverI can warmly recommend you to go on a river cruise if you are in Dublin using the Liffey River Cruise. It is a great tour of about 45-50 minutes from the city center to the Docklands and back. It passes under several of the bridges of the [...]D: n/a00
Things about Dublin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
The shopping street called the 'Zeil' offers you all you can buy.
General: Shopping in the city center
The Klein Helgoland on the small island of Foehr is named after maybe one of Germany's smallest islands (Helgoland). The place is really cozy...
Food: Cakes at Cafe Klein Helgoland
Oxford, United Kingdom
The Pitt Rivers Museum in Oxford has a great display of culturaland archeological items. Everything is categorized by topic, so it is easier for...
History & Culture: Pitt Rivers Museum
When I've arrived in Torino I've visited 'il Palazzo Reale' .
General: Palazzo Reale, Turin
If you'd like to stay more than just one day, I advise you the 'Cabana Art' hotel which is about 400 meters from the ski trails (half of the road...
Family & Fun: 'Cabana Art' pension in Arieseni
Arusha is safari city and nearby Kilimanjaro International Airport, JRO whereby International Airlines arrives bringing tourists. Airport transfers...
Sightseeing: Sightseeing tours Arusha, wildlife safari places
Buena Park, California
This is the Halloween event of the well known theme park, Knott's Berry Farm. You should really see it. It offers everything you would expect...
Family & Fun: Great Halloween Program at Knott's Scary Farm
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns