The Old Library Trinity Collage, Dublin, Ireland
Travel tips > Europe > Ireland > Dublin > The Old Library Trinity Collage
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can barely imagine the amount of books there and the atmosphere of gratitude that captures you when you step in. Besides the walk among the thousands of books the Old Library offers exhibitions as well. The most famous is the Book of Kells exhibition. The Book of Kells is a world famous 9th century manuscript of the four gospels that was written on calfskin. Other old manuscripts are also exhibited besides this one.
The so called Long Room of the library gives place to more than 200,000 of the oldest books of the library. It's wonderful. I think I could move in there. :)
Trinity Collage Dublin
Adults 9 Euro
Students and seniors 8 Euro
Free for children under 12
Monday-Saturday: 09:30 - 17:00
Sunday (May-September): 09:30 - 16:30
Sunday (October-April): 12:00 - 16:30
How to get there:
It is in the center of Dublin. You can get there by the DART rail line, the nearest stations are Pearse Street and Connolly Station.
Recent travel tips for Dublin
- Christchurch CathedralThe Cathedral is about one thousand years old. It's amazing and magnificent! It is huge and beautiful, a little bit like a castle. The inside of the cathedral is wonderful, so huge and beautifully decorated. There are pointed arches all [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Dublin view from the riverI can warmly recommend you to go on a river cruise if you are in Dublin using the Liffey River Cruise. It is a great tour of about 45-50 minutes from the city center to the Docklands and back. It passes under several of the bridges of the [...]D: n/a00
- Guinness StorehouseGuinness Storehouse is like the origin of all beers and a little piece of Irish history and culture. You can follow the brewing process, you will meet the different types of the Guinness and even meet Arthur Guinness, the father of this [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Gentle Reminder (No offence to anyone) -- JustWe can never be too confident and complacent about leaving our belongings properly. Well, I took it for granted. Being the careless student that I was (I was in Dublin for a short holiday – as I was an intern in a university in the UK [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Overall Trip to Northern IrelandThe tip I would like to share today is about visiting Northern Ireland which is very fascinating & you should take proper care about the things that are required to end your journey properly. Also you must have to book a travel package [...]D: 118.8mi00
Things about Dublin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
It's the best place in Salzburg if you want to taste traditional Austrian food. It is not expensive, but is one of the best restaurants in the city...
Food: Brüderlein fein
If you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you...
General: Casino Hohensyburg
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
There is a wonderful view from Sacromonte over the city. You can find an abbey on the top of the mountain, beautiful 17th century building. What...
Outdoors Activities: Sacromonte
The old church in Hollola is pretty ok. Especially in the summer. Every other year they hold a medieval fair, that's very good.
Sightseeing: The medieval greystone church of Hollola
Hello Bacarra, get a stop over at Bacarra on your way to Pagudpud. It is worth visiting. It's historical belltower is outstanding, the tallest in...
General: Historical belltower Co-ca river sandy beach of Natba
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
Delicious steaks in a busy, friendly environment which can be the best of the evening if you're out for dinner. The Saltgrass Steak House is...
Food: Saltgrass Steak House
Accessible to public, being free (though donations are accepted), the Freedom Park Navy Museum is a gem across the Missouri River. Several...
History & Culture: Freedom Park Navy Museum
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant