The Old Library Trinity Collage, Dublin, Ireland
Travel tips > Europe > Ireland > Dublin > The Old Library Trinity Collage
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can barely imagine the amount of books there and the atmosphere of gratitude that captures you when you step in. Besides the walk among the thousands of books the Old Library offers exhibitions as well. The most famous is the Book of Kells exhibition. The Book of Kells is a world famous 9th century manuscript of the four gospels that was written on calfskin. Other old manuscripts are also exhibited besides this one.
The so called Long Room of the library gives place to more than 200,000 of the oldest books of the library. It's wonderful. I think I could move in there. :)
Trinity Collage Dublin
Adults 9 Euro
Students and seniors 8 Euro
Free for children under 12
Monday-Saturday: 09:30 - 17:00
Sunday (May-September): 09:30 - 16:30
Sunday (October-April): 12:00 - 16:30
How to get there:
It is in the center of Dublin. You can get there by the DART rail line, the nearest stations are Pearse Street and Connolly Station.
Recent travel tips for Dublin
- Dublin view from the riverI can warmly recommend you to go on a river cruise if you are in Dublin using the Liffey River Cruise. It is a great tour of about 45-50 minutes from the city center to the Docklands and back. It passes under several of the bridges of the [...]D: n/a00
- The GravediggersThe Gravediggers is one of the greatest pubs in the world. The place got it's name from the gravediggers who often attended the pub after a long day of hard work. This because The Gravediggers is located right next to the Glasnevin Cemetery [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Lodging and food in DublinLodging: Harding Hotel, Jury's Inn Christ Church Food: Queen of Tarts on Cows Lane for excellent breakfast or lunch [...]D: n/a00
- Christchurch CathedralThe Cathedral is about one thousand years old. It's amazing and magnificent! It is huge and beautiful, a little bit like a castle. The inside of the cathedral is wonderful, so huge and beautifully decorated. There are pointed arches all [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Dublin Writers MuseumIf you like literature, Writers Museum is something you should definitely see. Here you can have a taste of the immense literary past the city has. No matter how well you think you know one writer or another, you may always ind here [...]D: 0.7mi00
Things about Dublin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
If you are at Avignon, take a look at the medieval pope's palace. It's huge and directly in the center of the city. You can get guided tours for a...
Sightseeing: The medieval pope's palace
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
You can get a discount at the entertainment park entrance if you keep your parking ticket :)
General: Save your money
Alba Iulia, Romania
The Carolina Fortress of Alba Iulia is considered one of the seven wonders of Romania. It is a compelling group of buildings in very good state and...
History & Culture: Carolina Fortress
Buena Park, California
Knott's Berry Farm is a great distraction for a family or a group of friends. There are so many things to do there! They have a fiesta village...
Family & Fun: Knott's Berry Farm
With a wide variety of dishes both for lunch and dinner, the Sunset Grill is a popular destination. They have everything one could desire, except...
Food: Sunset Grill
The best restaurant in town, indeed, considering everything: service, food, atmosphere, design. The Texas Roadhouse is very popular among the...
Food: Texas Roadhouse