The Old Library Trinity Collage, Dublin, Ireland
Travel tips > Europe > Ireland > Dublin > The Old Library Trinity Collage
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can barely imagine the amount of books there and the atmosphere of gratitude that captures you when you step in. Besides the walk among the thousands of books the Old Library offers exhibitions as well. The most famous is the Book of Kells exhibition. The Book of Kells is a world famous 9th century manuscript of the four gospels that was written on calfskin. Other old manuscripts are also exhibited besides this one.
The so called Long Room of the library gives place to more than 200,000 of the oldest books of the library. It's wonderful. I think I could move in there. :)
Trinity Collage Dublin
Adults 9 Euro
Students and seniors 8 Euro
Free for children under 12
Monday-Saturday: 09:30 - 17:00
Sunday (May-September): 09:30 - 16:30
Sunday (October-April): 12:00 - 16:30
How to get there:
It is in the center of Dublin. You can get there by the DART rail line, the nearest stations are Pearse Street and Connolly Station.
Recent travel tips for Dublin
- General opening timesThe same opening hours apply in the whole country. Stores and supermarkets are opened mostly between 9am and 6pm. Thursday evenings are special, most shops stay opened until 8pm or 9pm on this day. Pubs are opened from 10:30am to 11:30pm [...]D: n/a00
- Christchurch CathedralThe Cathedral is about one thousand years old. It's amazing and magnificent! It is huge and beautiful, a little bit like a castle. The inside of the cathedral is wonderful, so huge and beautifully decorated. There are pointed arches all [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Gentle Reminder (No offence to anyone) -- JustWe can never be too confident and complacent about leaving our belongings properly. Well, I took it for granted. Being the careless student that I was (I was in Dublin for a short holiday – as I was an intern in a university in the UK [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Guinness StorehouseGuinness Storehouse is like the origin of all beers and a little piece of Irish history and culture. You can follow the brewing process, you will meet the different types of the Guinness and even meet Arthur Guinness, the father of this [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Jameson DistilleryIf you like irish whiskey, you can visit the Jameson distillery, nearly in the center of Dublin. Make a guided tour to see the history of whiskey and how it is produced. Interesting is also the bar at the end of a tour. There you can taste [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Dublin you may be interested in
Dublin HistoryThe Norman invasion of Ireland (1171) proved beneficial for Dublin. Under the English crown, Dublin became a judicial and military center. With the shifting of the Parliament from Drogheda to Dublin (following the conquest of Kildare County by Henry VII), the town also played an important role in administration. In spite of its increasing significance, Dublin remained a comparatively small town [...]
More travel tips you might be interested in
Most German train stations have a little nasty little bar inside or right next to the station. For Stuttgart, which obviously has lots of...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bar on top of the train station
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
When we decided to visit Venice we booked in advance a tour of the small alleys and narrower canals of the city. The Venice Experience Backstreet...
Sightseeing: The Venice Experience Backstreet Tour
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
Dakar Bango, Senegal
Needs someone to trust ,write me with id(Bintaphdesmond@yahoo.com.sg)
History & Culture: Trusted one
Port-of-spain, Trinidad And Tobago
Woodford Square is one of the nicest place to visit it.
General: Woodford Square
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
Located in downtown Sacramento, in the Old City, The Firehouse bistro is a beautiful, elegant restaurant remodeled from a former fire station. ...
Food: The Firehouse
Both a shop and a museum, the Tucson Mineral and Gem World is a unique place where you can find really rare rocks, meteorites, fossils, and...
History & Culture: Tucson Mineral and Gem World
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Para-sailing can be fun and great, at least that is what we experienced with Captain Mickey's Rudee Inlet Parasail tour. The staff and the...
Outdoors Activities: Rudee Inlet Parasail