The Old Library Trinity Collage, Dublin, Ireland
Travel tips > Europe > Ireland > Dublin > The Old Library Trinity Collage
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can barely imagine the amount of books there and the atmosphere of gratitude that captures you when you step in. Besides the walk among the thousands of books the Old Library offers exhibitions as well. The most famous is the Book of Kells exhibition. The Book of Kells is a world famous 9th century manuscript of the four gospels that was written on calfskin. Other old manuscripts are also exhibited besides this one.
The so called Long Room of the library gives place to more than 200,000 of the oldest books of the library. It's wonderful. I think I could move in there. :)
Trinity Collage Dublin
Adults 9 Euro
Students and seniors 8 Euro
Free for children under 12
Monday-Saturday: 09:30 - 17:00
Sunday (May-September): 09:30 - 16:30
Sunday (October-April): 12:00 - 16:30
How to get there:
It is in the center of Dublin. You can get there by the DART rail line, the nearest stations are Pearse Street and Connolly Station.
Recent travel tips for Dublin
- Jameson DistilleryIf you like irish whiskey, you can visit the Jameson distillery, nearly in the center of Dublin. Make a guided tour to see the history of whiskey and how it is produced. Interesting is also the bar at the end of a tour. There you can taste [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Shelbourne Park Greyhound StadiumIf you like betting on horses, you should also try the dog race stadium at Dublin, the Shelbourne Park Greyhound Stadium. There you can already bet with only some Euros and it´s really funny to watch the fast dogs. [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Christchurch CathedralThe Cathedral is about one thousand years old. It's amazing and magnificent! It is huge and beautiful, a little bit like a castle. The inside of the cathedral is wonderful, so huge and beautifully decorated. There are pointed arches all [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Guinness StorehouseGuinness Storehouse is like the origin of all beers and a little piece of Irish history and culture. You can follow the brewing process, you will meet the different types of the Guinness and even meet Arthur Guinness, the father of this [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Lodging and food in DublinLodging: Harding Hotel, Jury's Inn Christ Church Food: Queen of Tarts on Cows Lane for excellent breakfast or lunch [...]D: n/a00
Things about Dublin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to enjoy a beer within a quaint atmosphere, you should go to the Schinderhannes. This bar has got also a beer garden, that´s nice in...
Night Life & Entertainment: The Schinderhannes
If you are at the central square of the city you will see a place labeled 'Langos'. Langos is the name of a kind of pancake which can be served...
General: Eating in Szentendre
If you love the art on metal, this is the best place to get astonished with some fabulous metal work. Museum of Kutch basically represent the...
History & Culture: Museum of Kutch
Casino Royale Goa, India's largest casino vessel is the hallmark of sophistication and grandeur. Floating on the tranquil Mandovi River in Goa, it...
General: Casino Royale Goa
New Delhi, India
Rajasthan - the land of exquisite monuments, picturesque lakes, blossoming gardens and it is one of the most admired tourism destination of the...
General: Monuments, forts, palaces and lakes in Rajasthan
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
Es gibt einen super Zirkus in den man umbedingt reingehen sollte. Dort sind viele Tiere und Artisten.
Family & Fun: Zirkus in Tjumen
Somalia is full of poverty and dangerous i recommend to choose another destination
General: Dont go
Beautiful museum, somehow both classic and modern. Museum of Fine Arts has got seven galleries dedicated to contemporary art, which are...
History & Culture: Boston Museum of Fine Arts
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro