Tokyo Tower, Japan
Travel tips > Asia > Japan > Tokyo > Tokyo Tower
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The orange color that was used for painting the tower was chosen as an air-safety measure. And at night, when the tower is lit up, the whole structure bathes in a beautiful orange light, making it stand out among the surrounding buildings.
Do take your camera with you, because the tower offers an amazing sight for pictures in either daylight or at night.
4-2-8 Shibakoen Minato-ku, Tokyo
¥820 for the Main Observatory and additional ¥600 to go higher to the Special Observatory.
9am to 10pm
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Tokyo
- Shopping in GinzaGinza is the main shopping area in Tokyo, beside Shinjuku. It is famous for its brand stores like Tiffany, Apple or Bulgari. It is not so crowded as Shinjuku, though that might depend on the season or day you're going. There also many [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Ueno ParkUneon Park is resgistered as the oldest park in Tokyo and is a favorite place for families. They have not just peaceful walkways but temples, art galleries and a zoo. Many museum have their residence here also, like the Orient Museum, Tokyo [...]D: n/a00
- Sensoji TempleThe Asakusa neighborhood in the Taito district is maybe the oldest part of Tokyo. Due tue ist 'age' many temples can be found here, that makes Asakusa quite an attraction for visitors from around the globe, especially because [...]D: n/a00
- Hamarikyu GardensLocated at the estuary of the Sumida River, the Hamarikyu Garden park is a getaway for the people and visitors of the city. Though found in Central Tokyo, the park is like a little peaceful heaven in the heart of a noisy and busy area.Many [...]D: n/a00
- Electronic articlesAkihabara is the well known part of Tokyo, where you can get electronic articles for a cheap price.It´s cheap, because all the things are used, but you can always make a good deal. You can also change what you bought, if you kept the [...]D: 22.3mi10
Things about Tokyo you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week...
Outdoors Activities: Walking on the Wattenmeer
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
Hua Hin, Thailand
When staying at Hua Hin, you would be at times overwhelmed by its sheer beauty and all that it has to offer as a holiday getaway. It would serve...
General: When staying at Hua Hin
Belen, New Mexico
Local artist Zack Meyer and his crew are decorating the buildings of downtown Belen with colorful murals. There's something for everyone...
Sightseeing: Belen Murals
Corpus Christi, Texas
Whether you are a fan of this amazing girl and singer or not, it doesn't really matter. The Selena Museum offers such a detailed and warm...
History & Culture: Selena Museum
Food is excellent and they have the best prices in town during happy hour, many things for $1. Unbeatable. Staff is also great, the environment...
Food: Applebee's Neighborhood Bar and Grille
Found in the heart of Lexington, the home of 16th President's wife, the Mary Todd Lincoln House is a must while visiting the city. The tours...
History & Culture: Mary Todd Lincoln House
Long Beach, California
Sushi has always been my favorite food, so it was understandable to me to look up a Japanese restaurant and try out their sushi dishes and it was...
Food: Sushi Studio
It is a cozy restaurant that serves really tasty steaks and home-made desserts. We loved the Mason Street Grill. The atmosphere was inviting, with...
Food: Mason Street Grill
Novi Sad, Serbia
This is a public beach, one of the most beautiful on the Danube river. There are many cafes, restaurants fast food, and manysupporting facilities...
Beaches : Shtrand - Public Beach