Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Japan
Travel tips > Asia > Japan > Tokyo > Imperial Palace in Tokyo
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Imperial Palace was built on the same spot where many years ago the Edo castle stood. It had suffered bombardment in the Second World War but it was eventually rebuilt in traditional Japanese style. It is a beautiful sight, and if you would really like to see more of it, you have to book a tour way in advance.
Japan, Tokyo Chiyoda １−１
For tours booked in advance, contact them on their website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Tokyo
- Yoyogi ParkThe main thing that you can do in the park, apart from walking around, is people-watching. You might be surprised now, but that is what visitors do when they go to Yoyogi Park, and believe me that park is truly a sight you'd never see [...]D: 4.3mi00
- Sumida RiverThe Sumida River is the main, and the largest river that flows through the capital city. It is crossed by 26 bridges throughout and flows through 7 districts of Tokyo, including Sumida and Arakawa.The river didn't have this course, but [...]D: n/a00
- Hamarikyu GardensLocated at the estuary of the Sumida River, the Hamarikyu Garden park is a getaway for the people and visitors of the city. Though found in Central Tokyo, the park is like a little peaceful heaven in the heart of a noisy and busy area.Many [...]D: n/a00
- Electronic articlesAkihabara is the well known part of Tokyo, where you can get electronic articles for a cheap price.It´s cheap, because all the things are used, but you can always make a good deal. You can also change what you bought, if you kept the [...]D: 22.3mi10
- Tokyo Disney Resort on HalloweenThough Halloween is a Western celebration, it has become a theme widely spread throughout Tokyo, and Japan. During this celebration, many Hallowen theme-based mascots, decorations, souvenirs and other objcets can be found for locals and [...]D: n/a00
Things about Tokyo you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants....
History & Culture: Wine and Wine Trade Museum
The City Hall was built in its present form by Jules Hardouin-Mansart in the year 1700. Check the gardens inside. No public access inside the...
Sightseeing: Hotel de Ville
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
The place where Italy's doges sat and 'commanded' is found in the San Marco square and dates back to the 12th century. The Doge's...
History & Culture: Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale)
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive
I'm not sure how much someone who isn't remotely interested in trains will like this, but if you have even a passing interests in railroads,...
History & Culture: International Trolley and Train Museum
Santa Barbara, California
Great thing to check out while in Santa Barbara would be the beaches. Every beach is wonderful but I really recommend Butterfly Beach. Stunningly...
Outdoors Activities: Things to do in Santa Barbara
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.