Hamarikyu Gardens, Tokyo, Japan
Travel tips > Asia > Japan > Tokyo > Hamarikyu Gardens
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Many traditional buildings from the Edo period could be found here, but unfortunately they were destroyed during te Second World War. The only structure that still stand, afloat the pond in the center of the park, is the Nakajima teahouse.
We had a cup of green tea and some traditional Japanese sweets with the tea and they taste really good together. It was a really quiet place and we almost forgot we were in the center of a metropolis. Highly recommended.
1-1, Hama Rikyu-teien, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
From 9:00am to 5:00pm
How to get there:
Travel with the subway and get off at the Shiodome station.
Recent travel tips for Tokyo
- Sumida RiverThe Sumida River is the main, and the largest river that flows through the capital city. It is crossed by 26 bridges throughout and flows through 7 districts of Tokyo, including Sumida and Arakawa.The river didn't have this course, but [...]D: n/a00
- Shopping in GinzaGinza is the main shopping area in Tokyo, beside Shinjuku. It is famous for its brand stores like Tiffany, Apple or Bulgari. It is not so crowded as Shinjuku, though that might depend on the season or day you're going. There also many [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Tokyo Great Cycling TourBeing the first time in Tokyo and hearing quite positive things about the Tokyo Great Cycling Tour, we decided to book a trip on our first day. That way we got to see parts of Tokyo that we couldn't have seen and doing this on the first [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Central TokyoThe first stop to almost every visitor that goes to the metropolis is the central district of Tokyo. Though the are has been destroyed many times by bombardmenst and fires, it has redeveloped and gained an interely new aspect of an [...]D: n/a00
- Tokyo TowerThe Tokyo Tower, being the tallest freestanding tower in the world, is a major attraction to visitors from all over the country. It has two observation decks and people can go up to have a really beautiful look on the bustling capital of [...]D: 3.2mi00
Things about Tokyo you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Renting a car in Malaga is easy. Either you get your car at the Airport or right in the city. There are several car rental places at the train...
General: Renting a Car in Malaga
Better visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can...
Food: Traditional food
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
Hotels in Manali - Hotel Him View, a name that is famous as a Hotel By River Side in manali near club house, hotels in manali, manali hotels,...
Outdoors Activities: Budget hotels in manali
New Delhi, India
The India Gate is the national monument of India. It is one of the largest war memorials in India. Situated in the heart of New Delhi, India Gate...
History & Culture: India Gate
The Hague, Netherlands
Restaurant The Hague: Welcome Restaurant Alexander You are looking for a restaurant in The Hague, welcome at Restaurant Alexander in the...
Food: Restaurant Alexander in The Hague
Boca Raton, Florida
Town Center: Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Macy's.
Shopping: BEST SHOPPING
Modern yet sophisticated in a way, the Wood Tavern offers not only great service for a great dining experience but rich flavored and delicious...
Food: Wood Tavern
To learn a little bit about science but to also have fun, the Carnegie Science Center is the perfect destination. They have interactive-, hands-on...
Family & Fun: Carnegie Science Center
San Jose, California
For golf-lovers the Cinnabar Hills Golf Club is like heaven on earth. Playing through a canyon, lake and mountain area, with lush green scenery and...
Sports & Wellness : Cinnabar Hills Golf Club