Hamarikyu Gardens, Tokyo, Japan
Travel tips > Asia > Japan > Tokyo > Hamarikyu Gardens
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Many traditional buildings from the Edo period could be found here, but unfortunately they were destroyed during te Second World War. The only structure that still stand, afloat the pond in the center of the park, is the Nakajima teahouse.
We had a cup of green tea and some traditional Japanese sweets with the tea and they taste really good together. It was a really quiet place and we almost forgot we were in the center of a metropolis. Highly recommended.
1-1, Hama Rikyu-teien, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
From 9:00am to 5:00pm
How to get there:
Travel with the subway and get off at the Shiodome station.
Recent travel tips for Tokyo
- Tsukiji Fish MarketThough not a typical tourist attraction, visiting the fish market is something that gives you an insight into the trade of Japan and thus into its history and culture. Tsukiji Fish Market is noted the worlds largest in its trade and has a [...]D: n/a00
- Shopping in GinzaGinza is the main shopping area in Tokyo, beside Shinjuku. It is famous for its brand stores like Tiffany, Apple or Bulgari. It is not so crowded as Shinjuku, though that might depend on the season or day you're going. There also many [...]D: 2.1mi00
- 48 Hours Tokyo Guide - Local Knowledge & Cool PerksThere's times you'll want to spend a lot of money in order to improve your experience of a country and try things you've always dreamed of. After all, you've just spent a ton of money to get there and for many, it's a once-in-a-lifetime [...]D: 4.3mi00
- Yoyogi ParkThe main thing that you can do in the park, apart from walking around, is people-watching. You might be surprised now, but that is what visitors do when they go to Yoyogi Park, and believe me that park is truly a sight you'd never see [...]D: 4.3mi00
- Ueno ParkUneon Park is resgistered as the oldest park in Tokyo and is a favorite place for families. They have not just peaceful walkways but temples, art galleries and a zoo. Many museum have their residence here also, like the Orient Museum, Tokyo [...]D: n/a00
Things about Tokyo you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you go there for skying, take one of the ski busses up to the glacier, it´s more relaxed than to drive up yourself. The bus stops you can...
Outdoors Activities: Skying area
If you are at Sion, you should try to visit the ancient roman building remnants, that are mainly covered by private buildings. You should also go...
Sightseeing: Roman building remnants
If you like model railways you should definitely visit the world biggest railway model at hamburg. It is really great set up aqnd displays a huge...
Family & Fun: The world largest modelrailway
The Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic...
History & Culture: Cathedral Notre Dame
Reading, United Kingdom
Reading is a great place to do your shopping. There are two big malls very close to each other. One of them is The Oracle, which is a huge mall...
Shopping: Shopping Centres
If you like nature, horses and culture, you should try a ride with the Paso Peruano horses. You can enjoy the nature and the spirited horeses,...
Outdoors Activities: Paso Peruano
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
La Jolla, California
Westfield Shoppingtown UTC with its fantastically beautiful promenade operates more than 160 selected stores. There are, for example, Abercrombie &...
Shopping: Westfield hoppingtown UTC
Go place, see and absorb the culture as if it was your own
Take a walk on the main street of Zakopane in the winter - it's just simple beautiful! Everything is covered with snow, there are a lot of street...
Sightseeing: Visit it on the winter