Smith St Hawker Center, Singapore, Singapore
Travel tips > Asia > Singapore > Singapore > Smith St Hawker Center
- Food travel tip
- City center
Each hawker stall has a different style of cuisine, and most of them don't just stick to one traditional style - they are creative and can make up the most amazing mixes in the world! I recommend the crispy squid, the popiah (freshly made spring roll filled with anything from veggies to meat - amazing!), barbecued seafood and many other delicious treats.
A visit to this hawker center will leave both your stomach and your wallet full, it's the best place to eat if you are on a budget, or simply wish to experience the real street food culture of Singapore!
Chinatown, 335 Smith St, Singapore 050335
18:00 until late at night
Recent travel tips for Singapore
- Yum Cha RestaurantThe Chinatown o Singapore is a genuine paradise for foodies, especially since you can find Chinese cuisine in its pure form, as well as restaurants which serve meals with a Singaporean twist. Yum Cha Restaurant has a very interesting [...]D: 0.7mi00
- House of Ong (Bar)House of Ong is a bar that is situated in the neighbour hood of Jalan selaseh. It is a small and rather quiet bar for people to just relax and have a drink. the price of drinks at this place is affordable as well. The are about 3 [...]D: 7.1mi00
- Zam zam restaurantZam zam restaurant is located along which was established in 1908 which is near arab street opposite of the sultan mosque. This restaurant is very famous for its murtabak( flour base with mutton, egg and onion fillings) you can also choose [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Sago StreetAmong Singapore's many ethnic sightseeing areas, there are lots of places that reflect the culture of the people who live there, but with a distinctly Singaporean twist. Sago Street is also called the Street of the Dead, and it has [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Thompson PlazaThompson plaza is a shopping centre with many stores that sells almost all kind things. there are clothing stores, food stores, pet stores and many more. Often there are small stores setup on the ground floor selling items at a very [...]D: 5mi00
Things about Singapore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Berlin travel tips - Germany
Checkpoint Charlie was a watchtower from where they controlled the area of the Berlin Wall that divided West and East Berlin so that nobody can...
History & Culture: Checkpoint Charlie Museum
Immenstaad travel tips - Germany
In der Nähe von Immenstaad gibt es einen schönen großen Abenteuerpark, wo man Klettert. Auch wenn man ein bisschen Höchenangst hat, ist es dort...
General: Nahe von Immenstaad
Cordoba travel tips - Spain
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
Blackpool travel tips - United Kingdom
If there is a daredevil inside of you, or you are looking for an ideal place to spend a lazy afternoon with the family, head on down to Pleasure...
General: Pleasure Beach Theme Park, Blackpool, United Kingdom
Kecskemet travel tips - Hungary
If you happen to go to Kecskemét do not miss out the famous 'Cifrapalota' which will surely attract you with its beautiful folk-art-motifs. You...
Sightseeing: Cifrapalota, Kecskemet
Hampton travel tips - Jamaica
For anyone on this site that is interested in coming to Jamaica for vacation I would first suggest that you not spend the ridiculous amount for...
General: Paradise Jamaica
Bangkok travel tips - Thailand
This is a fun but rather Westerner oriented classic. Q-Bar is for you if you like cocktails, if you like style and well if you like bangkok...
Night Life & Entertainment: Q-Bar
Tunis travel tips - Tunisia
Tacking taxis isnt so expensive, so use them to get from A to B.
General: Taxi's are cheap
Los Angeles travel tips - California
It is definitely the best and I would say cheapest way to get around LA to use public transportation. The service is rather good all over the city...
Public Transportation: Use public transportation in LA
Omaha travel tips - Nebraska
Known also as the art and entertainment district of the city, the Omaha Old Market is a place worth visiting. There are several shops and...
History & Culture: Omaha Old Market