Katong, Singapore, Singapore
Travel tips > Asia > Singapore > Singapore > Katong
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The district is chock full of amazing colonial architecture, as well as more modern villas that you can only dream about living in. The elite of the city stroll down the neat and perfectly designed streets, or cruise in their expensive cars. Many tourists visit this area fr sightseeing, so there are plenty of restaurants and cafes around, but be careful because they are anything but cheap.
All in all, a good place if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city center for a while.
Free, unless you want to stop at a horribly expensive restaurant
Recent travel tips for Singapore
- Singapore Flyer Ferris WheelFerris Wheels are usually found in amusement parks, but in Singapore they are an attraction in their own right. The Singapore Flyer Ferris Wheel is officially the tallest of its kind in the world, and it functions as an observatory from the [...]D: 0.7mi00
- New Hawa RestaurantNew Hawa Restaurant is a hawker style eating place that sells various kind local food. Some of this famous food that people go there to eat are Singaporean Rojak, Prawn Noodle, and the famous local Nasi Lemak (coconut rice with chilli).The [...]D: 1.3mi00
- IstanaThe colonial architecture of Singapore is one of the city's highlights, even if it recalls a not entirely pleasant era of the nation's history. This extensive colonial house used to be the residence of the British Governor of [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Center Satay Bee HoonCentre satay bee hoon store is very famous and well known for its 'satay beehoon' ( A local dish where strips of white noodles are filled with peanut sauce). This store is very popular and has numerous people visting it daily to buy the [...]D: 6mi00
- Bishan ParkBishan park is known for its lakes and bridges, colourful shrubs and lush greenery. It is regarded as one of the biggest park in Singapore. There are running tracks and bicycle tracks where friends and families can come together to have a [...]D: 5.4mi00
Things about Singapore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are aorund Bregenz at the time of july/august and if you like theater plays, you have definitely to visit the theater festival of Bregenz....
Night Life & Entertainment: Theater festival at the lake of Constance
If you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes...
History & Culture: Archaeological museum of Iraklio
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
Baile Felix, Romania
Baile Felix is a thermal resort located at 10 km from Oradea. One of the best hotels where you can rest in Baile Felix is Hotel International, and...
General: Thermal resort Apolo
I am a good man with fear of God in life .
History & Culture: Be good to others
Though Arlington is not one of the bigger cities, it sure has great dining places. Papasito's Cantina has the best Tex-Mex cuisine all around...
Food: Pappasito's Cantina
One of the most successful war ships in the history of the United States, USS Constitutionwon 42 battles and lost none during her carreer -...
History & Culture: Visiting USS Constitution in Boston
The Detroit zoo is a family attraction though I also enjoyed visiting it with friends. However we were a bit unlucky, because the day we went...
Family & Fun: Tips for Detroit Zoo
Both a shop and a museum, the Tucson Mineral and Gem World is a unique place where you can find really rare rocks, meteorites, fossils, and...
History & Culture: Tucson Mineral and Gem World
I am a nice and good looking girl tall and slim that searching for a man
General: I am a good looking girl