Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, Singapore, Singapore
Travel tips > Asia > Singapore > Singapore > Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Interestingly enough, the style of the temple does not look like what you can see in Bengal, and Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple is built in the specific style of Tamil Nadu temples. The interior is full of rather gruesome depictions of Kali with her garlard of skulls and murdering people and demons alike.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Singapore
- Boat Quay and Mohamed Sultan RoadBoat Quay is a nice place to hang out, it's more touristy and modern, but has some good bars and restaurants. At night go for Mohamed Sultan Road, which is a very fun cultural experience, some cool bars and clubs. After going out, you [...]D: n/a10
- Riverwalk Tandoor Restaurant (Upper circular road)Riverwalk Tandoor Restaurant is located by the Singapore River which serves delicious and authentic North and South Indian dishes with a home touch. There are alot of different type of north and south dishes served at this restaurant [...]D: 0.4mi10
- Bishan ParkBishan park is known for its lakes and bridges, colourful shrubs and lush greenery. It is regarded as one of the biggest park in Singapore. There are running tracks and bicycle tracks where friends and families can come together to have a [...]D: 5.4mi00
- Lau Pa SatSingapore is a shopper's paradise, and you can seldom find a street where there isn't at least one stall selling either delicious street food or handmade objects that make great souvenirs. But if you are planning a serious shopping [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Kopitiam Coffee ShopSingapore's notorious nightlife will probably make you crave to food at odd hours in the night (especially after a good bout of clubbing and drinking), and luckily there are some excellent places that are open at night.Kopitiam (which [...]D: 0.7mi00
Things about Singapore you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Zhongshan Park is a generic name given to parks in China, and every city has at least one of them. Shanghai Zhongshan Park is not the best park in...
Outdoors Activities: Shanghai Zhongshan Park
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
If you like walking, travel along the trace of the old roman waterpipe, nearly 100km long. You can enjoy a nice nature and see the leftovers of...
General: The roman waterpipe
If you like history and archaeology, you definitely should visit the Glyptothek at munich. There a lot fo antique statues, busts and temple parts...
History & Culture: Glyptothek
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
If you are interested to go shopping and get almost anything, a great place to stop by and shop in Johor Bahru is at the famous Jusco Tebrau City...
Shopping: Jusco Tebrau City
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
Everest Base camp 10night 11 days USD$999 per person Day 01: Pick up from Kathmandu airport and trek preparations Day 02: Kathmandu- Lukla & Trek...
General: 10 night 11 days everest base camp trekking $
What an amazing museum holding such unique and interesting exhibits. Who would have thought that Toledo is the city where the museum dedicated to...
History & Culture: Blair Museum of Lithophanes
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns