Alki Beach, Seattle, Washington
Travel tips > North America > United States > Seattle > Alki Beach
- Beaches travel tip
- City center
The view is one of the great attractions, it is amazing how you see the city view melting into endless blue ocean. It was never really crowded while I was there so it's also perfect for some time you want to spend lonely.
The beach has fire pits where you can lit a campfire. It also has a clean restroom near Alki Point but there are also tables for picnic and a settlers monument on the place where the first settlers arrived and met Chief Seattle and his people.
It's real nice place in the whole year, but if you go during the summer, you can enjoy the sun and maybe even the water, it's temperature being between 46 and 56 degr. Fahrenheit. Final judgment: it's great!
1702 Alki Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98116, USA
From Oct. to Apr.: 4AM to 11:30PM
From Apr. to Oct.: 6AM to 11PM
Recent travel tips for Seattle
- Julia's Indonesian KitchenJulia's Indonesian Kitchen is a great great place with the coziest atmosphere in Seattle. It is run by a family and their specialty is traditional Indonesian cuisine - as the name suggests. :P Prices are good and so is the service. You [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Ama-Ama Oyster Bar & GrillAma-Ama is the best if you like seafood. The ingredients are all fresh and locally provided and it can be felt on the prepared food as well. Everything is delicious, but you must try the oyster hash as well as their monkfish! They also [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Asian Art MuseumThe art deco building of the museum (built in 1931) fits perfectly into the tranquil environment of Volunteer park and the nearby Olympic Mountains. The museum itself is not very big, but really great. Some of the permanent exhibitions [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Alibi Room in SeattleAlibi Room is a great place with double purpose. It is a nice restaurant during the day, but in the evening it transforms into a fantastic club and dancing paradise. We were only once here in daytime, for lunch and it was pleasant and [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Opal Restaurant in SeattleOpal is a great dining place situated in the Queen Anne area having a lot of special menus for all tastes. I went with some friends and we were all very pleased. Try the perfectly arranged and very tasty salmon for dinner or the wild [...]D: 1.5mi00
Things about Seattle you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
If you want to visit the wonderful and peaceful island of Schinoussa(Greece)the Blue Star Ferries have two direct lines, one on Sunday and the...
Public Transportation: Travel to Schinoussa
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
If you go to Tusnad don't miss to visit the Saint Anna lake. It is a bid cold but very beautiful!
Outdoors Activities: You must visit the St. Anna lake
A beautiful, elegant restaurant which can get a bit crowded but the food is just worth the noise. The Star at Playhouse Square is a gourmet heaven...
Food: Star at Playhouse Square
I have only been to Houston once and this place was my favorite. The building is made of silvery aluminum or similar, but it can easily be spotted...
History & Culture: Museum of Contemporary Arts