Stow Lake, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Stow Lake
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
The lake offers quiet scenery and abundant wildlife. The Island in the middle is a journey of its own with a waterfall and multiple trails.
The Boat House offers boat rentals, including paddle boats and row boats. The paddle boats are always an inexpensive and fun outing. For those who prefer to stay on land, there are also bike rentals available which can be used to explore Golden Gate Park
Paddle Boat 19/hr
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Alamo SquareThe Square gives the most beautiful view in the whole city. One can see it on many postcards. One especially beautiful view is towards Steiner street, with the famous houses, the 'painted ladies'. They are also called the Victorian [...]D: n/a10
- California Wine MerchantI recommend to sit by the window, the view to Chestnut street is very nice. California Wine Merchant is not a very special place, but it is cozy and pleasant for a drink with your friends. You will fine good wine and great service if [...]D: 10.9mi00
- Anchor Steam BrewerySan Francisco's one and only Brewery offers two free tours and tasting daily. With history dating back to the late 1800's Anchor Brewery is one of San Francisco's least known landmarks. They offer great tours which fill up weeks if not [...]D: 8.3mi00
- Powell St Cable CarThe Powell/Market Street Cable Car is one of the most popular Cable Car Stops in the city. It showcases the famous Cable Car Turnaround, where drivers manually turn the car the same way it has been done since its opening. The line to get on [...]D: 9.7mi00
- Fly in Business Class Together & Save 50% Asiana Business...Asia comprises of some of the largest global cities of the world. Prominent names in the list include Hong Kong, Tokyo, Shanghai, Seoul and Manila and so on. Innumerable global travelers visit these Asian cities from various parts of the [...]D: n/a00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
Easter in Egypt Package - Egypt Tour $ 949 per person and single supplement is $ 320 DAY 01: THU 05 APRIL - Upon arrival at Cairo...
General: Easter egypt package $949
There is an amazing park in the center of the city, a park with palm trees and little bridges over a pretty watercourse. Don't miss it!
Family & Fun: Park in the heart of the city
Go snorkling or scuba diving. Eat lots of fish at any of the Seafood restaurants - make sure you don't just eat the hotels, street food is often...
Outdoors Activities: Snorkling or scuba diving
Cathedral Basilica and Bell Tower Once upon a time there was a King named Mindaugas who lived in what’s today Vilnius. The king was born a...
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Fong Lye Restaurant serves really good Taiwanese and Chinese cuisine and dishes. There is a huge variety of food that one can choose from at this...
Food: Fong Lye Restaurant
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
This museum is amazing, not just because the entrance is free for everyone, but because there are so many interesting exhibits you can check out...
History & Culture: Baltimore Museum of Art
Even though you might not be a real railroad fan, the California State Railroad Museum is still a place that you can easily visit without getting...
History & Culture: California State Railroad Museum