Anchor Steam Brewery, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Anchor Steam Brewery
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
With history dating back to the late 1800's Anchor Brewery is one of San Francisco's least known landmarks.
They offer great tours which fill up weeks if not months in advance , and provide free tasting for 6 of their beers. Make sure to schedule your tour early.
Two tours daily at 10:00am and 1:00pm
How to get there:
Take Highway 101 exit Mariposa.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Dosa (Fillmore)We made a reservation to a restaurant which serves South Indian food. I always wanted to try that out. It was a good idea to book a table in advance, because it was pretty crowded, being weekend and all. We got a table upstairs that [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Alcatraz IslandProbably one of the most famous jails in the world and home to many myths and movies, this used to be a high security federal prison in 1934. Originally the Island was home to many pelicans and for that reason it was called "Isla de los [...]D: 11mi10
- Museum of Asian ArtThis museum is amazing, you simply cannot miss it. It was first opened when a factory owner from Chicago gave his Asian art collection to San Francisco to open a museum with it. The museum has more than 17, 000 objects, from religious [...]D: 9.3mi00
- Adolph Gasser CameraGreat place for emergencies, if you are a tourist. They have all kinds of cameras and all you need for them. Best thing, you can also rent cameras from them and they have cleaning services for your actual camera and stuff. Very useful [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Powell St Cable CarThe Powell/Market Street Cable Car is one of the most popular Cable Car Stops in the city. It showcases the famous Cable Car Turnaround, where drivers manually turn the car the same way it has been done since its opening. The line to get on [...]D: 9.7mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Located at the center of Mont-Royal Plateau, this street is packed with shops for everyone's tastes, whether you're looking for souvenirs, antiques...
Shopping: Rue St.Denis in Montreal
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
Go snorkling or scuba diving. Eat lots of fish at any of the Seafood restaurants - make sure you don't just eat the hotels, street food is often...
Outdoors Activities: Snorkling or scuba diving
Tel Aviv, Israel
Hi I travel to Tel Aviv several times a year and I have found that renting an apartment for short term is much cheaper than renting a hotel room...
General: Recommendation for accommodation in Tel Aviv
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
A felicity small world of true Italian cuisine and atmosphere, the Piccolo Mondo is not only elegant in its design but also remarkable in its...
Food: Piccolo Mondo
Boston is big on seafoods and Legal Sea Foods is a good example for that. They say they have the best and freshest fish in the state. The food they...
Food: Legal Sea Foods
Embrace your inner comic book fan at this wonderful place. There are literally tons of comic books and related merchandise that will make your head...
Shopping: Double Danger Comics & Collectibles
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets