Anchor Steam Brewery, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Anchor Steam Brewery
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
With history dating back to the late 1800's Anchor Brewery is one of San Francisco's least known landmarks.
They offer great tours which fill up weeks if not months in advance , and provide free tasting for 6 of their beers. Make sure to schedule your tour early.
Two tours daily at 10:00am and 1:00pm
How to get there:
Take Highway 101 exit Mariposa.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Museum of Asian ArtThis museum is amazing, you simply cannot miss it. It was first opened when a factory owner from Chicago gave his Asian art collection to San Francisco to open a museum with it. The museum has more than 17, 000 objects, from religious [...]D: 9.3mi00
- City Beer StoreHere is a great news for beer lovers in San Francisco. City Beer Store is a fabulous little place with an extremely wide selection of beers. It is not easy to chose from the more than 300 types of beers, but you can take your time, you [...]D: 9mi00
- Coit TowerThe most amazing sight I've ever seen. The Coit Tower, built in 1933 in memory of an eccentric rich lady, Lillie Hitchcock Coit (who left all her money to this tower) and the brave firemen of the city, is a tall white marble tower which [...]D: 10.9mi00
- BacarCan you imagine 1400 kinds of wine in one place? I couldn't, but there it is. Very nice place indeed, not only because of its wide collection of the best wines. The decoration and furniture is also very stylish and elegant, you will be [...]D: 9.3mi00
- Stow LakeHidden within Golden Gate Park is a lake and a mountainous island. Stow Lake which has deep San Francisco history is a great spot for a picnic or an afternoon stroll. The lake offers quiet scenery and abundant wildlife. The [...]D: 9.5mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
This is not a very big zoo, but a very nice one. They take really good care of the animals and try to make their places as natural like as possible...
Outdoors Activities: Zoological Gardens
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
After eating Costa Rican food for days, you might want to change it up and head down to Jungle Love. This is one of the best restaurants in Costa...
Food: Jungle Love
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
Keswick, United Kingdom
Spa breaks in the Lake District make you feel better than any destination. I think it is the lakes and the hills and the endless fresh air. Luckily...
Sports & Wellness : Lake District Spa Breaks
The Cathedral is about one thousand years old. It's amazing and magnificent! It is huge and beautiful, a little bit like a castle. The inside...
History & Culture: Christchurch Cathedral
Don't forget to document each of your travel. Always bring your cameras or videocam for photos and video of your trip.
General: Los Angeles
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Don't miss the Taal lake, when you are in Tagaytay. You can book a tour to cross the lake to the Volcano Island. You can reach the top either...
General: Taal Lake
If you are at the Lake Saint Ana, it has a great Bell Vedere point, from it you can se the entire lake
General: Lake Saint Ana
The Basilica of Saint Mary is an imposing church in downtown Minneapolis, and the oldest Catholic parish in the city. It was built about a hundred...
History & Culture: Basilica of Saint Mary
New Orleans, Louisiana
One of the most important things to do as a visitor in New Orleans in taste the mouth-watering local specialties, one of which is the famous gumbo,...
Food: Mr. B's Bistro