Anchor Steam Brewery, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Anchor Steam Brewery
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
With history dating back to the late 1800's Anchor Brewery is one of San Francisco's least known landmarks.
They offer great tours which fill up weeks if not months in advance , and provide free tasting for 6 of their beers. Make sure to schedule your tour early.
Two tours daily at 10:00am and 1:00pm
How to get there:
Take Highway 101 exit Mariposa.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Coit TowerThe most amazing sight I've ever seen. The Coit Tower, built in 1933 in memory of an eccentric rich lady, Lillie Hitchcock Coit (who left all her money to this tower) and the brave firemen of the city, is a tall white marble tower which [...]D: 10.9mi00
- Stow LakeHidden within Golden Gate Park is a lake and a mountainous island. Stow Lake which has deep San Francisco history is a great spot for a picnic or an afternoon stroll. The lake offers quiet scenery and abundant wildlife. The [...]D: 9.5mi00
- Alcatraz IslandProbably one of the most famous jails in the world and home to many myths and movies, this used to be a high security federal prison in 1934. Originally the Island was home to many pelicans and for that reason it was called "Isla de los [...]D: 11mi10
- Steps to Obtaining a Passport for Your ChildIf you’re planning a foreign trip and you have little kid who doesn’t have a passport of his own, your primary concern might be the proper ways of obtaining one so as to travel with your entire family. For getting a passport for your [...]D: n/a00
- California Wine MerchantI recommend to sit by the window, the view to Chestnut street is very nice. California Wine Merchant is not a very special place, but it is cozy and pleasant for a drink with your friends. You will fine good wine and great service if [...]D: 10.9mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
In the center of Bern is a really interested Chine restaurant, with the best chine food in Switzerland, thay said! Well I don't know how are the...
Food: Chine restaurant
If you go to Augsburg, you should visit the roman museum, the arts museum and take a look at the so called 'Fuggersiedlung'. It was the first...
General: Visit the Museums and the Fuggersiedlung
This is a fantastic Park in Munich. It's not as central as the English Garden, but more relaxing, and the best place to really calm down from a...
Outdoors Activities: Schlosspark Nymphenburg
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
Jalan Kayu, Singapore
Thasevi Prata Restaurant as the name suggest is very much famous for its pratas.(round circular flour made bread resembling a pancake cooked over a...
Food: Thasevi Prata Restaurant
This unusual looking house is the joint creation of architects William Gray Purcell and George Grant Elmslie. The house is built in the distinctive...
Sightseeing: The Purcell-Cutts House
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT
Though the South Mountain Education Center closed down in April due to budget reductions the hiking trails are still open to the public. When we...
Outdoors Activities: South Mountain Park Trails in Phoenix
Located at the top of a beautiful condo with huge glass windows surrounding the restaurant, the Monterrey Bay Fish Grotto is truly an elegant and...
Food: Monterey Bay Fish Grotto
While in venice, make sure you walk a lot and watch people. Don't get stuck anywhere and buying stuff is not worth it. It is a cheap place but...
General: Walk a lot and watch people