Ferry Building, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Ferry Building
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building was finished in 1903 and it was the center to wager the boats and ferries that crossed the bay.
Now the building with the old bell tower is like new and has got a lot of things, great shops, all kind of restaurants. My favorite is the absolutely unique Farmer's Market with the products of local farmers. It's so great to walk among and smell all those fresh fruits and vegetables... :)
Ferry Bldg, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Dosa (Fillmore)We made a reservation to a restaurant which serves South Indian food. I always wanted to try that out. It was a good idea to book a table in advance, because it was pretty crowded, being weekend and all. We got a table upstairs that [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Stow LakeHidden within Golden Gate Park is a lake and a mountainous island. Stow Lake which has deep San Francisco history is a great spot for a picnic or an afternoon stroll. The lake offers quiet scenery and abundant wildlife. The [...]D: 9.5mi00
- BixLike Art Deco? Definitely this is the place for you. It's like you are back in the America of the 1930s. There is live Jazz music that remind us to the great old days. The decoration is very nice and stylish, there are paintings on the [...]D: 10.5mi00
- Twin PeaksTwin Peaks is one of the most underrated spots in the city. It offers some of the most magnificient view of the city on clear days and nights. Twin Peaks provides views of downtown, At&T park, the Bay Bridge plus more!This is a must [...]D: 7.7mi00
- De Young Museum in San FranciscoA truly amazing location to visit, the De Young Museum led me to a path of illogical, free thinking. Full of impressionist artworks such as painting, sculptures and other interesting works of contemporary American, African and [...]D: 9.4mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
In Überlingen there is a great swimminghall with a big water-slip.
General: The great swimminghall
When any of us think about the Galapagos we usually think of huge tortoises and Charles Darwin the man who created the idea of evolution. The...
Sightseeing: Charles Darwin Station
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
Kanyakumari is the south most tip of india- Tour around Kanyakumari is a unique and wonderfull experince to the tourist. Most tourist attractive...
Sightseeing: Triveni Sungam
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Ocho Rios ( www.ocho-rios-jamaica.com ) has some of the most diverse tourist attractions. You have Dunns River Falls, Dolphin Cove, Blue Hole (this...
General: Ocho Rios Attractions
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
History, culture, religion, battles and people; this is what Fort Caroline National Memorial is all about. In the heart of the Timucuan Preserve,...
History & Culture: Fort Caroline National Memorial
If you are in Riverside or thinking of visiting the city, than you shouldn't miss a show in the Riverside Fox Theater, also known as the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Riverside Fox Theater