Ferry Building, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Ferry Building
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building was finished in 1903 and it was the center to wager the boats and ferries that crossed the bay.
Now the building with the old bell tower is like new and has got a lot of things, great shops, all kind of restaurants. My favorite is the absolutely unique Farmer's Market with the products of local farmers. It's so great to walk among and smell all those fresh fruits and vegetables... :)
Ferry Bldg, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Balmy Street MuralsLocated in the heart of the latino district of San Francisco is a little gem of a street where the houses are painted with latin-american centric murals. These murals, which are painted on the garages, each have some sort of meaning and [...]D: 7.4mi00
- Alamo SquareThe Square gives the most beautiful view in the whole city. One can see it on many postcards. One especially beautiful view is towards Steiner street, with the famous houses, the 'painted ladies'. They are also called the Victorian [...]D: n/a10
- Musée MécaniqueHidden in the back of Pier 45 is an warehouse converted into an old arcade Museum. Featuring a variety of games dating back to the early 1900's. This museum is a hands on enjoyment of the past. Includes old mechanical baseball games, [...]D: 11.3mi00
- Dosa (Fillmore)We made a reservation to a restaurant which serves South Indian food. I always wanted to try that out. It was a good idea to book a table in advance, because it was pretty crowded, being weekend and all. We got a table upstairs that [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Museum of Asian ArtThis museum is amazing, you simply cannot miss it. It was first opened when a factory owner from Chicago gave his Asian art collection to San Francisco to open a museum with it. The museum has more than 17, 000 objects, from religious [...]D: 9.3mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Do you want to eat cheap in Bielefeld? Then visit the university's restaurant. A menu costs from 3-4,50 Euro. You should use the student's mansa,...
Food: Eating Cheap in Bielefeld
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
This is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states...
Sightseeing: Wrixum Wind Mill
The Malaga city center is very beautiful. It's made up of many old houses. You can really see the amount of money that Spain once had from the...
Sightseeing: Walk around in the old city center
Buffalo, New York
If you travel to Buffalo, you definitely shouldn't miss taking part on a Spirit of Buffalo Sailing Adventure. The crew is awesome, they are very...
History & Culture: Spirit of Buffalo Sailing Adventure
This website has events in the area and things to do that are not amusement park or theme park related. Great if you're not the roller coaster type!
Family & Fun: Travel Resource
We enjoyed a great meal in an interesting location when we dined in the Eleventh Street Diner. You can feel the ‘80s, 90’s atmosphere in this...
Food: Eleventh Street Diner in Miami
El Bravo has been there almost 30 years now, and is still pumping up with great food and popularity. No wonder, their dishes are absolutely...
Food: El Bravo Restaurant in Phoenix
Even though you might not be a real railroad fan, the California State Railroad Museum is still a place that you can easily visit without getting...
History & Culture: California State Railroad Museum
Hue is my countryside because i was born and raised up here. Due to its special location and culture, Hue isn't an ideal place for business. As a...
Sightseeing: What to see in Hue city?