Alcatraz Island, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Alcatraz Island
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
San Francisco, CA 94123, USA
Adult (18-61) $26.00
Junior (12-17) $26.00
Child (5-11) $16.00
Senior (62+) $24.50
Toddlers (0-4) free
Family (2A+2C) $79
Night tours are slightly more expensive and there is an early bird rate available.
The Family Ticket contains two Adult Tickets and two Child Tickets (ages 5-11). The Family Ticket is only available by phone or at the Ticket Booth, not online. No minors under the age of 18 are allowed to tour Alcatraz Island without the accompaniment of an adult. An adult must be with them at all times while on their tour of Alcatraz Island.
Night tours depart at 4:20 PM
How to get there:
Just go to Pier 39 and take the ferry to Alacatraz
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Adolph Gasser CameraGreat place for emergencies, if you are a tourist. They have all kinds of cameras and all you need for them. Best thing, you can also rent cameras from them and they have cleaning services for your actual camera and stuff. Very useful [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Dosa (Fillmore)We made a reservation to a restaurant which serves South Indian food. I always wanted to try that out. It was a good idea to book a table in advance, because it was pretty crowded, being weekend and all. We got a table upstairs that [...]D: 9.8mi00
- City Beer StoreHere is a great news for beer lovers in San Francisco. City Beer Store is a fabulous little place with an extremely wide selection of beers. It is not easy to chose from the more than 300 types of beers, but you can take your time, you [...]D: 9mi00
- Musée MécaniqueHidden in the back of Pier 45 is an warehouse converted into an old arcade Museum. Featuring a variety of games dating back to the early 1900's. This museum is a hands on enjoyment of the past. Includes old mechanical baseball games, [...]D: 11.3mi00
- Anchor Steam BrewerySan Francisco's one and only Brewery offers two free tours and tasting daily. With history dating back to the late 1800's Anchor Brewery is one of San Francisco's least known landmarks. They offer great tours which fill up weeks if not [...]D: 8.3mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I WAS THERE 5 YEARS AGO, THE PEOPLE IS VERY FRIENDLY, THEY MAKE YOU PART OF THEIR FAMILY, IS SO HARD TO FORGET PEOPLE LIKE THEM
General: FRIENDLY PEOPLE
Bonao, Dominican Republic
Travel to the mountains of the caribbean. Climb the highest peak of the Caribbean. Pico Duarte
Outdoors Activities: Hotel Gold Premium
The old church in Hollola is pretty ok. Especially in the summer. Every other year they hold a medieval fair, that's very good.
Sightseeing: The medieval greystone church of Hollola
If you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes...
History & Culture: Archaeological museum of Iraklio
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
It is something I have never seen before. This is a unique thing and it's just amazing. It's the dreams of my childhood coming true! The problem is...
History & Culture: Norvegian Museum of Magic
Singapore City, Singapore
This place is the place to go for those who would like to go for a treasure hunt, for all types of items, as the saying “one’s man...
Shopping: Thieves Flea Market @ Sungei Road, Singapore
Formerly an old Theater building, the Taipei Red House is now home to various kinds of shops and artists. On the first floor you can find jewelry,...
Shopping: Taipei Red House
Operating since 1909, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the most famous raceway in the world. Three major events are organized throughout the year...
Sightseeing: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...