Alcatraz Island, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Alcatraz Island
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
San Francisco, CA 94123, USA
Adult (18-61) $26.00
Junior (12-17) $26.00
Child (5-11) $16.00
Senior (62+) $24.50
Toddlers (0-4) free
Family (2A+2C) $79
Night tours are slightly more expensive and there is an early bird rate available.
The Family Ticket contains two Adult Tickets and two Child Tickets (ages 5-11). The Family Ticket is only available by phone or at the Ticket Booth, not online. No minors under the age of 18 are allowed to tour Alcatraz Island without the accompaniment of an adult. An adult must be with them at all times while on their tour of Alcatraz Island.
Night tours depart at 4:20 PM
How to get there:
Just go to Pier 39 and take the ferry to Alacatraz
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- De Young Museum in San FranciscoA truly amazing location to visit, the De Young Museum led me to a path of illogical, free thinking. Full of impressionist artworks such as painting, sculptures and other interesting works of contemporary American, African and [...]D: 9.4mi00
- San Francisco Marriot Fisherman' s Wharf HotelBecause this hotel is near the piers and the Golden Gate Bridge (one of the famous sights in San Francisco), the price is a little expensive. I picked the regular room with pleasure purpose, and it cost $169 per night. It is pretty [...]D: 11.1mi02
- Musée MécaniqueHidden in the back of Pier 45 is an warehouse converted into an old arcade Museum. Featuring a variety of games dating back to the early 1900's. This museum is a hands on enjoyment of the past. Includes old mechanical baseball games, [...]D: 11.3mi00
- BacarCan you imagine 1400 kinds of wine in one place? I couldn't, but there it is. Very nice place indeed, not only because of its wide collection of the best wines. The decoration and furniture is also very stylish and elegant, you will be [...]D: 9.3mi00
- DeLessioThe most delicious cake I've ever tasted was here in San Francisco in a little pastry shop on Market Street: DeLessio. At first I didn't even find the bakery, it so hidden, but already as I stepped in I was overwhelmed with the sweet, fresh [...]D: 8.8mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
San Diego, Costa Rica
Beaches are naturally free and they are very good in San Diego. Some of them are especially beautiful. I would very much recommend La Jolla and...
General: Free and cheap things in San Diego
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
This incredible little town is located on the edge of Basque Country at the entry point to the region of La Rioja. The unique thing about this town...
Sightseeing: Town of Laguardia
When you are in Paris, then you can go to Disneyland resort paris. It's great for children.
General: Disneyland resort
If you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes...
History & Culture: Archaeological museum of Iraklio
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
Maxwell food market is a food centre that sells different kind of local dishes. this dishes range from prawn noodles, to chicken rice, tapioca...
Food: Maxwell food market
Originally the home of sports games in the Byzantine period, the Hippodrome has been later converted into a park. It is open to the public all day...
Sightseeing: Byzantine Hippodrome
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Though not looking much from the outside, don't get deterred by that, because once you get inside and taste their food you will forget where you...
Food: Zest in Virginia Beach