Alcatraz Island, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Alcatraz Island
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
San Francisco, CA 94123, USA
Adult (18-61) $26.00
Junior (12-17) $26.00
Child (5-11) $16.00
Senior (62+) $24.50
Toddlers (0-4) free
Family (2A+2C) $79
Night tours are slightly more expensive and there is an early bird rate available.
The Family Ticket contains two Adult Tickets and two Child Tickets (ages 5-11). The Family Ticket is only available by phone or at the Ticket Booth, not online. No minors under the age of 18 are allowed to tour Alcatraz Island without the accompaniment of an adult. An adult must be with them at all times while on their tour of Alcatraz Island.
Night tours depart at 4:20 PM
How to get there:
Just go to Pier 39 and take the ferry to Alacatraz
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Golden Gate BridgeWell, I guess this is something pretty obvious, but then I guess it's a valid tip. Go visit the Golden gate bridge. Try to come during the late afternoon and maybe wait for sunset, that will make some awesome pictures. [...]D: 12.5mi00
- Adolph Gasser CameraGreat place for emergencies, if you are a tourist. They have all kinds of cameras and all you need for them. Best thing, you can also rent cameras from them and they have cleaning services for your actual camera and stuff. Very useful [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Twin PeaksTwin Peaks is one of the most underrated spots in the city. It offers some of the most magnificient view of the city on clear days and nights. Twin Peaks provides views of downtown, At&T park, the Bay Bridge plus more!This is a must [...]D: 7.7mi00
- Sutro BathsSutro Baths is at the north west corner of the city next to the Cliff House. The baths, which are now ruins, was a popular swimming pool that opened in the 1800's which burned down in the 1960's. What is left is a beautiful building [...]D: 10.8mi00
- Steps to Obtaining a Passport for Your ChildIf you’re planning a foreign trip and you have little kid who doesn’t have a passport of his own, your primary concern might be the proper ways of obtaining one so as to travel with your entire family. For getting a passport for your [...]D: n/a00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Berlin has got 15 S-Bahn lines, 9 U-Bahn lines, more than 140 bus lines, more than 20 tram lines and several ferry lines as well, so you can...
Public Transportation: Understand the system
In Überlingen there is a great swimminghall with a big water-slip.
General: The great swimminghall
Hello to all, the Association organizes travel in Natura & Avventura desertakakus,Travel is the best way to discover desert. We are a small...
General: Natura & Avventura
I am going to travel to Colombia and Argentina for xmas and new years looking for friendships in both countries email me firstname.lastname@example.org
General: Looking for company
If you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st...
History & Culture: Ancient Nemausus in the modern city area
York, United Kingdom
York is a beautiful walled city on the river Ouse, with Viking roots and archeology to explore in the Viking Centre, Tudor buildings overhanging...
General: The Cliffords Tower and Castle Museum
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
Belen, New Mexico
The Belen Art League was founded in 1956. It is a non-profit organization comprised of artists primarily from Belen and other parts of...
Shopping: Belen Art League Gallery & Gifts
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The Reunification palace is a presidential palace. This palace consists of about 100 rooms where each room is beautiful crafted with nice...
Sightseeing: Reunification Palace