Oaks Amusement Park, Portland, Oregon
Travel tips > North America > United States > Portland > Oaks Amusement Park
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
It was opened in 1905, so it has a long tradition, and it has a selection of traditional rides with a modern twist. One of the best parts of the park is its skating rink, which is open all year round, and which has its own pipe organ.
If you are not into the classic amusement park rides, you can always go and have a picnic in Oaks instead, the picnic grounds are very pleasant, especially in summer.
7805 SE Oaks Park Way, Portland, OR 97202, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Portland
- Backspace CafeI you are looking for a cafe/pub which is both geeky and cool, and where you can enjoy the best coffee in the state while listening to great live music, you should definitely check out Backspace. Backspace is located at the heart of the [...]D: 6mi00
- Oregon Museum of Science and IndustryThis museum is heaps of fun for anyone who is interested in natural sciences, industry, and technology, and it's a good place to bring your kids to for some intellectual fun. OMSI has five different exhibit halls specialized in different [...]D: 6.2mi00
- Hat Museum in PortlandThe Hat Museum in Portland is the largest hat museum in the United States, where you can see the evolution through the ages of this most essential accessory. If you have an interest in fashion (or history, as a matter of fact), the Hat [...]D: 5.5mi00
- Japanese Garden in PortlandIf you want to take a break from the bustle of the big city and spend a fewo hours in a place of tranquility and spiritual harmony, take a walk in Portland's Japanese Garden, which is said to be the most authentic garden of its kind outside [...]D: 7.6mi00
- Tao of Tea in PortlandPortland has tons of great cafes, but if you are a tea purist (or if you feel like having something other than your daily espresso), check out The Tao of Tea, a teahouse where you can find almost all the teas in the world and then some. [...]D: 4.4mi00
Things about Portland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil
Next Saturday, March 3, will kick off the Lual the Falls and innovative format, which promises to be a new option to ride in Niagara Falls that are...
General: Don´t Miss II
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
The Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic...
History & Culture: Cathedral Notre Dame
If you want to buy some food but you don't want to pay as much as you would have to in Paralia, I suggest you to try that small supermarket we used...
Shopping: Cheap supermarket near Paralia
When you visit Szentendre I recommend you to get there by ship. You can take a ship from Budapest to Szentendre and back only for a few euros -...
General: Visiting Szentendre on the Danube river
Hotels in Manali - Hotel Him View, a name that is famous as a Hotel By River Side in manali near club house, hotels in manali, manali hotels,...
Outdoors Activities: Budget hotels in manali
There are natural attractions near Moshi to see such as waterfalls located at slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro. Moshi is located at base of Mount...
Outdoors Activities: Moshi is basecamp for Kilimanjaro climb, waterfalls travel places
The Magnificent Miles on Michigan Avenue is a dream come true for shopping addicts. Literally hundreds of shops, restaurants and hotels litter the...
Shopping: Binge shopping on the Magnificent Miles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Built by Florida's first white settler, Frank Stranahan, in 1901, the building is the city's most oldest residential houses. It has a beautiful and...
History & Culture: The Stranahan House in Fort Lauderdale
Located in the grounds of the Woodward Park in Fresno, the Shinzen Japanese Garden is a true symbol of Japanese culture, mixture of tranquility,...
Sightseeing: Shinzen Japanese Garden in Fresno