Oaks Amusement Park, Portland, Oregon
Travel tips > North America > United States > Portland > Oaks Amusement Park
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
It was opened in 1905, so it has a long tradition, and it has a selection of traditional rides with a modern twist. One of the best parts of the park is its skating rink, which is open all year round, and which has its own pipe organ.
If you are not into the classic amusement park rides, you can always go and have a picnic in Oaks instead, the picnic grounds are very pleasant, especially in summer.
7805 SE Oaks Park Way, Portland, OR 97202, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Portland
- Roseway TheatreI you feel like going to a movie while you're in Portland, buy a ticket to one of the shows at Roseway Theatre, a historic theatre from the 1920' which hasn't lost its vintage charm despite all the modern equipment. All the shows cost [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Portland Saturday MarketThe Portland Saturday Market is actually open on Sundays as well, and it is the largest outdoor arts and crafts market in the United States. It is located in the historic Old Town, so you can visit it as part of a larger sightseeing [...]D: 5.9mi00
- The Maize at The Pumpkin PatchThe Maize at The Pumpkin Patch is a giant maze of corn, open only during the autumn season. This park takes the form of a 5-acre field of corn which turns into an amazing corn maze during September and October, and it makes a great place [...]D: 12.7mi00
- Portland Vintage TrolleysA nice way to see parts of Portland is to board a vintage trolley, a service running from the first Sunday of March until the last Sunday before Christmas. The old-style trolleys will take passengers to all the MAX stations on avenues 5 and [...]D: n/a00
- St. Honore BoulangerieLocated in the trendy Alphabet district, this cafe is the big city equivalent of a French village cafe/bakery. If you want to drink your morning coffee in town, this place is perfect, and you will feel like you're not in Portland [...]D: 6.9mi00
Things about Portland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Frankfurt Am Main, Germany
(_) (_) /_ _______/
Outdoors Activities: Rostyslav
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
If you are interested to know how the sultan palace looks like during the period of the Melaka Sultanate period. This Melaka sultanate Palace which...
Sightseeing: Melaka Sultanate Palace
Arriving to Covasna from Sfantu Gheorghe is an easy task, the easiest way being by minibus. A transport company called Ecosil has 7-9 connections...
Public Transportation: From Sfantu Gheorghe to Covasna, by minibus
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Some of the oldest buildings in Saint Petersburg can be found at this monastery, as well as a cemetery where many of the local celebrities were...
History & Culture: Alexander Newskij Monastery
It is definitely a must if you are in the area. The museum and the city zoo are together, it's a perfect family program as well. The Skansen...
Outdoors Activities: Skansen open-air museum
For a better overview of the German Village in Columbus you should purchase their Walking Tour Books at either the Franklin Art Glass Studio (222 E...
History & Culture: German Village in Columbus
New Orleans, Louisiana
It's not that unusual to find an Irish pub in the French Quarter (and they have a tradition that goes way back to the times of the French...
General: Molly's pub in New Orleans