Oaks Amusement Park, Portland, Oregon
Travel tips > North America > United States > Portland > Oaks Amusement Park
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
It was opened in 1905, so it has a long tradition, and it has a selection of traditional rides with a modern twist. One of the best parts of the park is its skating rink, which is open all year round, and which has its own pipe organ.
If you are not into the classic amusement park rides, you can always go and have a picnic in Oaks instead, the picnic grounds are very pleasant, especially in summer.
7805 SE Oaks Park Way, Portland, OR 97202, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Portland
- Voodoo Doughnut in PortlandVoodoo Doughnut is one of those rarities - an independent doughnut shop. Finally a place where you can get more than your usual jam doughnuts, and even some more unusual choices. The signature doughnut of the place is shaped like a [...]D: 6mi00
- Hat Museum in PortlandThe Hat Museum in Portland is the largest hat museum in the United States, where you can see the evolution through the ages of this most essential accessory. If you have an interest in fashion (or history, as a matter of fact), the Hat [...]D: 5.5mi00
- Backspace CafeI you are looking for a cafe/pub which is both geeky and cool, and where you can enjoy the best coffee in the state while listening to great live music, you should definitely check out Backspace. Backspace is located at the heart of the [...]D: 6mi00
- Clear Creek DistilleryClear Creek makes eau de vie out of the most delicious fruits in Oregon, and in addition to this alcoholic delight, they also distill brandy, Grappa, and single-malt Whiskey. The distillery can only be visited on Saturday, and there are [...]D: 6.9mi00
- International Rose Test GardenThis garden is a must see for anyone who's visiting Portland, especially of you have a fondness for roses. It is the oldest official, continuously operated public rose test garden in the United States, and it showcases some of the most [...]D: 7.5mi00
Things about Portland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
After eating Costa Rican food for days, you might want to change it up and head down to Jungle Love. This is one of the best restaurants in Costa...
Food: Jungle Love
Visit the big roman open air museum at the time when the plays of the roman reenactment groups take place. Every two years one of the biggest...
Night Life & Entertainment: Open air museum and plays in Xanten
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
It is located on the Cathedral Square. It was constructed by an Italian architect in the 1510s. For centuries the Cathedral gave home to the...
Sightseeing: Cathedral of the Archangel
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
The Best hotels in Birmingham affordable extended stay lodging accommodations for business and family travelers at a affordable rate. If you are...
General: The Best Hotels in Birmingham For Your Budget
If you are looking for a more sophisticated place to eat than you have to go to the Lola Bistro & Wine Bar. Their service is top notch, the...
Food: Lola Bistro & Wine Bar
Las Vegas, Nevada
One of my favorite places to see while in Las Vegas is the Bellagio Fountains in front of the well known Hotel. It's truly awesome, and maybe the...
Sightseeing: Bellagio Fountain
San Francisco, California
We made a reservation to a restaurant which serves South Indian food. I always wanted to try that out. It was a good idea to book a table in...
Food: Dosa (Fillmore)