Portland Vintage Trolleys, Oregon
Travel tips > North America > United States > Portland > Portland Vintage Trolleys
- Public Transportation travel tip
- City center
The Vintage Trolleys are working replicas of the historic Council Crest streetcars which functioned in Portland from 1904 to 1950. The interiors of the trolleys are pure vintage, but they might be a bit faster than their counterparts from the first half of the 20th century.
The tour starts at NW 5th & Glisan
Free, but donations are appreciated
Tours run from 10:33 a.m. to 5:44 p.m., Sundays only
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Portland
- Roseway TheatreI you feel like going to a movie while you're in Portland, buy a ticket to one of the shows at Roseway Theatre, a historic theatre from the 1920' which hasn't lost its vintage charm despite all the modern equipment. All the shows cost [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Tao of Tea in PortlandPortland has tons of great cafes, but if you are a tea purist (or if you feel like having something other than your daily espresso), check out The Tao of Tea, a teahouse where you can find almost all the teas in the world and then some. [...]D: 4.4mi00
- St. Honore BoulangerieLocated in the trendy Alphabet district, this cafe is the big city equivalent of a French village cafe/bakery. If you want to drink your morning coffee in town, this place is perfect, and you will feel like you're not in Portland [...]D: 6.9mi00
- Clear Creek DistilleryClear Creek makes eau de vie out of the most delicious fruits in Oregon, and in addition to this alcoholic delight, they also distill brandy, Grappa, and single-malt Whiskey. The distillery can only be visited on Saturday, and there are [...]D: 6.9mi00
- International Rose Test GardenThis garden is a must see for anyone who's visiting Portland, especially of you have a fondness for roses. It is the oldest official, continuously operated public rose test garden in the United States, and it showcases some of the most [...]D: 7.5mi00
Things about Portland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
The Olympiaturn (Olympic Tower) is located in the Olympiapark. It's 291m tall and offers a great view over the city. While you are there, you...
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
Hi! Am Subindra Adhikari & I was born on the rugged but beautiful mountains of Nepal. I am an Experienced Mountain Guide from landlocked Nepal…&...
Outdoors Activities: Wel-come nepal trekking
Jalan Kayu, Singapore
Thasevi Prata Restaurant as the name suggest is very much famous for its pratas.(round circular flour made bread resembling a pancake cooked over a...
Food: Thasevi Prata Restaurant
Every city has a couple of those fancy neighborhoods where the rich and famous reside, and Singapore is not exception to the rule. Katong district...
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive
Miami Beach, Florida
This restaurant has the best wine list of all Miami, but their cuisine is just not up to the standard. Not to mention their food is overprized. ...
Food: Azul – Best wine list, worst cuisine in Miami
Saint Paul, Minnesota
If you're looking for anything that might give you a glimpse of Minnesota and the area, either cultural, artistic or historical or the more...
Sightseeing: Minnesota Grand Avenue
Marriage is the start of new life of two different people. Everyone wants to mark this special event happen with unforgettable memories. Why...
General: Luxury Honeymoon holiday to Vietnam