Portland Vintage Trolleys, Oregon
Travel tips > North America > United States > Portland > Portland Vintage Trolleys
- Public Transportation travel tip
- City center
The Vintage Trolleys are working replicas of the historic Council Crest streetcars which functioned in Portland from 1904 to 1950. The interiors of the trolleys are pure vintage, but they might be a bit faster than their counterparts from the first half of the 20th century.
The tour starts at NW 5th & Glisan
Free, but donations are appreciated
Tours run from 10:33 a.m. to 5:44 p.m., Sundays only
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Portland
- Backspace CafeI you are looking for a cafe/pub which is both geeky and cool, and where you can enjoy the best coffee in the state while listening to great live music, you should definitely check out Backspace. Backspace is located at the heart of the [...]D: 6mi00
- Hat Museum in PortlandThe Hat Museum in Portland is the largest hat museum in the United States, where you can see the evolution through the ages of this most essential accessory. If you have an interest in fashion (or history, as a matter of fact), the Hat [...]D: 5.5mi00
- International Rose Test GardenThis garden is a must see for anyone who's visiting Portland, especially of you have a fondness for roses. It is the oldest official, continuously operated public rose test garden in the United States, and it showcases some of the most [...]D: 7.5mi00
- Oaks Amusement ParkOaks might not be the largest amusement park you've ever seen, but it is cozy and welcoming in its own way. It was opened in 1905, so it has a long tradition, and it has a selection of traditional rides with a modern twist. One of the [...]D: 7.7mi00
- Voodoo Doughnut in PortlandVoodoo Doughnut is one of those rarities - an independent doughnut shop. Finally a place where you can get more than your usual jam doughnuts, and even some more unusual choices. The signature doughnut of the place is shaped like a [...]D: 6mi00
Things about Portland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I WAS THERE 5 YEARS AGO, THE PEOPLE IS VERY FRIENDLY, THEY MAKE YOU PART OF THEIR FAMILY, IS SO HARD TO FORGET PEOPLE LIKE THEM
General: FRIENDLY PEOPLE
However, if you can, avoid Frankfurt and go to Munich. :)
General: Avoid it and go to Munich
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary is on the way from Mysore to Sultan Bathery. It is spread over 344 square kms. and is about 16 km east of Sultan...
Outdoors Activities: Muthanga wild life sanctuary
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Welcome To the Kingdom of Cambodia Cambodia is one of the safest and most fascinating destinations in Asia. The country is blessed with a rich...
Sightseeing: Tour packages cambodia ( www.luxurytravelvietnam.com)
Dagupan City, Philippines
The people are so friendly here! I lost my contact lenses and had to ask for opticals - most people recommended Siapno-Tada Optical. They have the...
General: Optical service in Dagupan City
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Don't miss the Taal lake, when you are in Tagaytay. You can book a tour to cross the lake to the Volcano Island. You can reach the top either...
General: Taal Lake
Satu Mare, Romania
In the center of Satu Mare, there are some really nice things that you should visit while you are in the city. There is a big fountain in the...
Sightseeing: Lupa Capitolina and the Roman Catholic Cathedral
Jalan Kayu, Singapore
Thasevi Prata Restaurant as the name suggest is very much famous for its pratas.(round circular flour made bread resembling a pancake cooked over a...
Food: Thasevi Prata Restaurant
We wanted to take some pictures of Istanbul so we decided to go up the Galata Tower and have a glimpse of the city. The view from up there is...
Sightseeing: Galata Tower