Portland Vintage Trolleys, Oregon
Travel tips > North America > United States > Portland > Portland Vintage Trolleys
- Public Transportation travel tip
- City center
The Vintage Trolleys are working replicas of the historic Council Crest streetcars which functioned in Portland from 1904 to 1950. The interiors of the trolleys are pure vintage, but they might be a bit faster than their counterparts from the first half of the 20th century.
The tour starts at NW 5th & Glisan
Free, but donations are appreciated
Tours run from 10:33 a.m. to 5:44 p.m., Sundays only
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Portland
- Roseway TheatreI you feel like going to a movie while you're in Portland, buy a ticket to one of the shows at Roseway Theatre, a historic theatre from the 1920' which hasn't lost its vintage charm despite all the modern equipment. All the shows cost [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Hat Museum in PortlandThe Hat Museum in Portland is the largest hat museum in the United States, where you can see the evolution through the ages of this most essential accessory. If you have an interest in fashion (or history, as a matter of fact), the Hat [...]D: 5.5mi00
- Clear Creek DistilleryClear Creek makes eau de vie out of the most delicious fruits in Oregon, and in addition to this alcoholic delight, they also distill brandy, Grappa, and single-malt Whiskey. The distillery can only be visited on Saturday, and there are [...]D: 6.9mi00
- Voodoo Doughnut in PortlandVoodoo Doughnut is one of those rarities - an independent doughnut shop. Finally a place where you can get more than your usual jam doughnuts, and even some more unusual choices. The signature doughnut of the place is shaped like a [...]D: 6mi00
- Portland Saturday MarketThe Portland Saturday Market is actually open on Sundays as well, and it is the largest outdoor arts and crafts market in the United States. It is located in the historic Old Town, so you can visit it as part of a larger sightseeing [...]D: 5.9mi00
Things about Portland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
Kressbronn Am Bodensee, Germany
Wenn man in der Nähe des Bodensees ist und in der Gegend von Kressbronn, dann sollte man zum entspannen ins dortige Strandbad am Bodensee gehen....
General: Strandbad am Bodensee
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
The Malaga city center is very beautiful. It's made up of many old houses. You can really see the amount of money that Spain once had from the...
Sightseeing: Walk around in the old city center
If you are at Avignon, take a look at the medieval pope's palace. It's huge and directly in the center of the city. You can get guided tours for a...
Sightseeing: The medieval pope's palace
A new shopping mall, called Forum, opened close to the city center. It's a place where you really can spend a whole day :) And if you get bored,...
Shopping: The Forum and the Debrecen Plaza malls
The all-inclusive Rajasthan Tours are a vast option for those travelers who not only crave to trip spectacular places but as well learn the history...
History & Culture: Remarkable Rajasthan Tours with Majestic Stay at Jaipur Hotels
Brasov will have, starting from next year, most likely an international airport, that will link this marvelous city with the rest of the world. Now...
General: Brasov's new airport
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
Washington, District Of Columbia
The Smithsonian Institution and its museums are not to be missed while visiting Washington. The most preferred ones are the Museum of Air and Space...
Sightseeing: The Smithsonian