St. Joseph's Oratory, Montreal, Quebec
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Montreal > St. Joseph's Oratory
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The church can be found on a hill near Montreal and is truly an amazing sight. Many pilgrims and tourists come to visit the place, which holds healing powers, some say.
Though one the largest churches in Canada, the inside of the building doesn't hold so much for everyday traveler. It has much more significance to a devoted Catholic than to a simple man, being a place of worship and belief. Apart from that it IS an attraction to visit.
3800 Chemin Queen Mary, Montreal, QC H3V 1A7, Canada
Mon-Sun: 10:00 - 17:00
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Montreal
- Vieux MontréalOld Montreal is the historic district of the famous city and can be viewed individually or with the help of a guide. We could choose from a 30, 60 or a 90 minute guided tour of the city but we wanted to explore the city on our own. So we [...]D: n/a00
- Altitude 737 in MontrealThe greatest experience of my life was going dancing on top of Montreal's highest buildings. The club Altitude 737 is a great place to meet new people and enjoy a night full of fun and excitement. The name of the club comes from the [...]D: 1mi00
- Île Ste-Hélène on Saint Lawrence RiverWe didn't get bored not for a minute on the Island of Ste-Hélène when we visited Montreal last summer. There were so many people and things to see, we couldn't even decide where to begin. Eventually we went to visit the Stewart Museum [...]D: 3mi00
- Ville SouterraineIt was an amazing experience to walk on a way that was full of shops, restaurants and know that all this is underground. I went inside a shop, bought some souvenirs and had a sandwich in one of the take-away and I just couldn't believe [...]D: n/a00
- Casa del Popolo in MontrealWe had so much fun in Casa del Popolo, that every time we go to Montreal we step by the pub and have a drink and a sandwich. They have an excellent beer list, which might make up for their menu, because they serve only vegetarian food. [...]D: 2.1mi00
Things about Montreal you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
IF you are around at christmas, you should visit that chsitmas market at the city. It´s really famous and you can enjoy shopping, drinking a cup...
Shopping: Christkindlmarkt in the inner city
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
Monforte D'alba, Italy
Some parts of the estate are as old as 1600, it is really a nice place, you can see how an Italian estate looked like hundred years ago. The...
Food: Azienda agricola Fantino Alessandro e Gian Natale
Seoul, South Korea
We fell asleep while we traveled by bus to the Korean Folk Village and we got down from the bus it was like we went back in time several hundred or...
Sightseeing: Folk Village Museum near Seoul
Getting to Skopje and sightseeing the city!
General: Skopje trip
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
Menil Collection is a fantastic art collection of two Houston Native philanthropist, the Menil brothers. There are different exhibitions, some...
History & Culture: Menil Collection
Are you interested on horse riding? Check 'Reiterhof Weissenhof'. It's ideal for kids, they offer lessons for kids and adults. It's ideal during a...
General: Horse Riding in Radstadt