St. Joseph's Oratory, Montreal, Quebec
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Montreal > St. Joseph's Oratory
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The church can be found on a hill near Montreal and is truly an amazing sight. Many pilgrims and tourists come to visit the place, which holds healing powers, some say.
Though one the largest churches in Canada, the inside of the building doesn't hold so much for everyday traveler. It has much more significance to a devoted Catholic than to a simple man, being a place of worship and belief. Apart from that it IS an attraction to visit.
3800 Chemin Queen Mary, Montreal, QC H3V 1A7, Canada
Mon-Sun: 10:00 - 17:00
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Montreal
- Ville SouterraineIt was an amazing experience to walk on a way that was full of shops, restaurants and know that all this is underground. I went inside a shop, bought some souvenirs and had a sandwich in one of the take-away and I just couldn't believe [...]D: n/a00
- Montreal Old TownGo check out the old town. It's beautiful. There are plenty of cool bars in Montreal. Chavalle is a great place to grab dinner, quite steep in terms of pricing, but well worth the extra buck. Also, go to the top of the local mountain for a [...]D: 2mi00
- Altitude 737 in MontrealThe greatest experience of my life was going dancing on top of Montreal's highest buildings. The club Altitude 737 is a great place to meet new people and enjoy a night full of fun and excitement. The name of the club comes from the [...]D: 1mi00
- Hotel Visitel in MontrealOur stay in the Visitel hotel was a pleasant surprise. Though when we checked in we had to pay in advance, which I haven't experienced in other hotels we stayed in so far, but the receptionist was really nice. The staff was quite friendly [...]D: 2mi00
- Montreal Jazz FestivalThe Montreal Jazz Festival is greatest festival in the world winning with it a Guinness World Record in 2004. During the week (about 10 days) many streets are closed, traffic gets sometimes jammed because of it, and a huge number of [...]D: 1.4mi00
Things about Montreal you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When you think about China and gardens in the same sentence, the word that comes to mind is 'transquility'. But if that's what you...
Outdoors Activities: Yu Yuan Gardens in Shanghai
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
Make a bike trip through the Aaron Island. On the main island you can rent bikes for that.
Outdoors Activities: Biking on the Aaron Island
As a traveler if you decide to visit Romania and on your schedule you'll find some time to explore Bucharest, than take a moment and stop in the...
Sightseeing: Historical Center of Bucharest
They may have the best steaks in Bakersfield, and being a popular place, the Hungry Hunter Steakhouse was well-packed when we went there to dine. ...
Food: Hungry Hunter Steakhouse
Buena Park, California
Knott's Berry Farm is a great distraction for a family or a group of friends. There are so many things to do there! They have a fiesta village...
Family & Fun: Knott's Berry Farm
Long Beach, California
We had a fantastic day when we took part on a cruise which proved to be much more fun that we first anticipated. The Harbor Breeze Whale Watching...
Sightseeing: Harbor Breeze Whale Watching
San Diego, California
Bazaar Del Mundo shops offer a great selection of Latin American jewelery and art work. This is the right place for you if you are looking for real...
Shopping: Bazaar del Mundo
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz
Hoa Binh, Vietnam
The valley is Mai Chau town of Hoa Binh province which is located 135km southwest of Hanoi. The word “valley” means that it is surrounded by...
General: How to experience your tour in Mai Chau?