Vieux Montréal, Montreal, Quebec
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Montreal > Vieux Montréal
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
We could choose from a 30, 60 or a 90 minute guided tour of the city but we wanted to explore the city on our own. So we bought a 5 dollar, almost 30 pages long brochure and started our 'adventure'.
It is so interesting to see how the change in time on the architecture and style of the buildings. Almost every building, especially if they are bigger, has a bit of history engraved in its design. And as you move long to the new part of the city, modern buildings emerge and you can already see the skyscrapers pointing high to the sky. It is an amazing view and a great feeling to 'watch' history changing on Montreal's aspect.
Le Vieux-Port, Montréal, QC, Canada
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Montreal
- Rue St.Denis in MontrealLocated at the center of Mont-Royal Plateau, this street is packed with shops for everyone's tastes, whether you're looking for souvenirs, antiques or some expensive gifts. I went inside some antique shops, just to have look on the [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Montreal Jazz FestivalThe Montreal Jazz Festival is greatest festival in the world winning with it a Guinness World Record in 2004. During the week (about 10 days) many streets are closed, traffic gets sometimes jammed because of it, and a huge number of [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Casa del Popolo in MontrealWe had so much fun in Casa del Popolo, that every time we go to Montreal we step by the pub and have a drink and a sandwich. They have an excellent beer list, which might make up for their menu, because they serve only vegetarian food. [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Cathedral of Mary Queen of the WorldWhen Bishop Ignace Bourget planned and oversaw the construction of the Cathedral of Mary, Queen of the World, he had in mind the Saint Peter Basilique of Rome.Of course, the Montreal version is smaller in scale, but it's very beautiful [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Aix Terraces in MontrealIt was summer and it was so hot we needed a drink close to our hotel, the Place D'Armes, so we decided to go atop the hotel where the Aix Terrace is located. We made an excellent choice. It was quite close to our room, the terrace being [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Montreal you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
Florescharm Tours and Travel_ Local travel agent based in labuan bajo flores island
General: Labuan bajo
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
Icelanders love their coffee. In fact, they enjoy it so much that Iceland is ranked fourth in the world for its coffee habit. It's guessed that...
Food: Where to Eat and Drink in Reykjavik ?
It is something I have never seen before. This is a unique thing and it's just amazing. It's the dreams of my childhood coming true! The problem is...
History & Culture: Norvegian Museum of Magic
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
Among Boston's numerous historical landmarks Quincy Market has got an outstanding position. This 250 year old 'market place' is located...
Shopping: Quincy Market in Boston
San Antonio, Texas
You can learn so many things if you decide to take part on a tour in the San Antonio Missions National Park. The missions that have been conserved...
Outdoors Activities: San Antonio Missions National Park
Virginia Beach, Virginia
A three miles long oceanfront, the Virginia Beach Boardwalk is the main attraction of the city. Full of amusement parks, hotels, walk and bike...
Sightseeing: Virginia Beach Boardwalk