Vieux Montréal, Montreal, Quebec
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Montreal > Vieux Montréal
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
We could choose from a 30, 60 or a 90 minute guided tour of the city but we wanted to explore the city on our own. So we bought a 5 dollar, almost 30 pages long brochure and started our 'adventure'.
It is so interesting to see how the change in time on the architecture and style of the buildings. Almost every building, especially if they are bigger, has a bit of history engraved in its design. And as you move long to the new part of the city, modern buildings emerge and you can already see the skyscrapers pointing high to the sky. It is an amazing view and a great feeling to 'watch' history changing on Montreal's aspect.
Le Vieux-Port, Montréal, QC, Canada
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Montreal
- Hotel Omni Mont-RoyalIt is a great to not just because of its placement (downtown Montreal), but their service is upscale and their rooms are clean and comfortable. If you can, book a room on one of the higher floors, because the view of Montreal from there [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Île Ste-Hélène on Saint Lawrence RiverWe didn't get bored not for a minute on the Island of Ste-Hélène when we visited Montreal last summer. There were so many people and things to see, we couldn't even decide where to begin. Eventually we went to visit the Stewart Museum [...]D: 3mi00
- Cathedral of Mary Queen of the WorldWhen Bishop Ignace Bourget planned and oversaw the construction of the Cathedral of Mary, Queen of the World, he had in mind the Saint Peter Basilique of Rome.Of course, the Montreal version is smaller in scale, but it's very beautiful [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Montreal Jazz FestivalThe Montreal Jazz Festival is greatest festival in the world winning with it a Guinness World Record in 2004. During the week (about 10 days) many streets are closed, traffic gets sometimes jammed because of it, and a huge number of [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Aix Terraces in MontrealIt was summer and it was so hot we needed a drink close to our hotel, the Place D'Armes, so we decided to go atop the hotel where the Aix Terrace is located. We made an excellent choice. It was quite close to our room, the terrace being [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Montreal you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Hotel and accommodation in Brisbane is most lovely, engaging and low cost accommodation for businessman and other people need to remain often for...
General: Brisbane Hotels and Accommodation
IF you are around at christmas, you should visit that chsitmas market at the city. It´s really famous and you can enjoy shopping, drinking a cup...
Shopping: Christkindlmarkt in the inner city
Also visit the historical center of Oradea with plenty of old monuments built at the begining of the 19th century. The architecture of the center...
General: The baroque historical center
Serangoon Garden Estate, Singapore
Time in a bottle is one of the many bars that is located along Serangoon garden estate. It is a very popular bar among the locals and among the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Time in a bottle (Bar)
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater
Inspired by beauty and using science in creating amazingly beautiful artwork, the Elisabet Ney Museum holds the artist's paintings and...
History & Culture: Elisabet Ney Museum
Belen, New Mexico
Situated along the Rio Grande this nature reserve seeks to reverse the decline of the bosque wetlands. It is run by the Valencia Soil &...
Outdoors Activities: Whitfield Wildlife Conservation Area
Full of art galleries, restaurants and boutiques the Short North Arts District is a popular destination for both local and tourist art lovers. ...
History & Culture: Short North Arts District
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT
Sa Pa, Vietnam
Can Cau or as it commonly known the Bac Ha Market though it is similar in many ways, both Can Cau and Bac Ha markets have something for you to...
General: Sapa Love Market