Vieux Montréal, Montreal, Quebec
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Montreal > Vieux Montréal
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
We could choose from a 30, 60 or a 90 minute guided tour of the city but we wanted to explore the city on our own. So we bought a 5 dollar, almost 30 pages long brochure and started our 'adventure'.
It is so interesting to see how the change in time on the architecture and style of the buildings. Almost every building, especially if they are bigger, has a bit of history engraved in its design. And as you move long to the new part of the city, modern buildings emerge and you can already see the skyscrapers pointing high to the sky. It is an amazing view and a great feeling to 'watch' history changing on Montreal's aspect.
Le Vieux-Port, Montréal, QC, Canada
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Montreal
- Aix Terraces in MontrealIt was summer and it was so hot we needed a drink close to our hotel, the Place D'Armes, so we decided to go atop the hotel where the Aix Terrace is located. We made an excellent choice. It was quite close to our room, the terrace being [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Altitude 737 in MontrealThe greatest experience of my life was going dancing on top of Montreal's highest buildings. The club Altitude 737 is a great place to meet new people and enjoy a night full of fun and excitement. The name of the club comes from the [...]D: 1mi00
- Cathedral of Mary Queen of the WorldWhen Bishop Ignace Bourget planned and oversaw the construction of the Cathedral of Mary, Queen of the World, he had in mind the Saint Peter Basilique of Rome.Of course, the Montreal version is smaller in scale, but it's very beautiful [...]D: 1.4mi00
- St. Joseph's OratorySt. Joseph's Oratory has been founded by Brother Andre, a man considered to be a humble, modern-day miracle maker at the beginning of the 20th century. The church can be found on a hill near Montreal and is truly an amazing sight. Many [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Île Ste-Hélène on Saint Lawrence RiverWe didn't get bored not for a minute on the Island of Ste-Hélène when we visited Montreal last summer. There were so many people and things to see, we couldn't even decide where to begin. Eventually we went to visit the Stewart Museum [...]D: 3mi00
Things about Montreal you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
San Diego, Costa Rica
Beaches are naturally free and they are very good in San Diego. Some of them are especially beautiful. I would very much recommend La Jolla and...
General: Free and cheap things in San Diego
Kressbronn Am Bodensee, Germany
Wenn man in der Nähe des Bodensees ist und in der Gegend von Kressbronn, dann sollte man zum entspannen ins dortige Strandbad am Bodensee gehen....
General: Strandbad am Bodensee
IF you are around at christmas, you should visit that chsitmas market at the city. It´s really famous and you can enjoy shopping, drinking a cup...
Shopping: Christkindlmarkt in the inner city
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
If you are interested to know how the sultan palace looks like during the period of the Melaka Sultanate period. This Melaka sultanate Palace which...
Sightseeing: Melaka Sultanate Palace
If you like nature, horses and culture, you should try a ride with the Paso Peruano horses. You can enjoy the nature and the spirited horeses,...
Outdoors Activities: Paso Peruano
Boston has got a large Italian community so there are quite many Italian restaurants as well. Pagliucas is one of my favorite of this kind. It...
Food: Pagliucas Italian Restaurant
For the best breakfast dishes in town, you definitely have to go to T G Eggington's, their food is the best in the whole area. If you plan on...
Food: T G Eggington's
Take a walk on the main street of Zakopane in the winter - it's just simple beautiful! Everything is covered with snow, there are a lot of street...
Sightseeing: Visit it on the winter