The Old Town of Montreal, Quebec
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Montreal > The Old Town of Montreal
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Today, you can not only admire these post-colonial buildings but book rooms in modern, elite hotels, reserve tables at classical and eclectic restaurants, pubs and be part of the city's artistic and cultural life. Visiting the Old City of Montreal is a worthwhile experience which I, personally, would repeat anytime.
136 Rue Notre-Dame Ouest, Montreal, QC H2Y 1T1, Canada
Recent travel tips for Montreal
- Cathedral of Mary Queen of the WorldWhen Bishop Ignace Bourget planned and oversaw the construction of the Cathedral of Mary, Queen of the World, he had in mind the Saint Peter Basilique of Rome.Of course, the Montreal version is smaller in scale, but it's very beautiful [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Altitude 737 in MontrealThe greatest experience of my life was going dancing on top of Montreal's highest buildings. The club Altitude 737 is a great place to meet new people and enjoy a night full of fun and excitement. The name of the club comes from the [...]D: 1mi00
- Montreal Jazz FestivalThe Montreal Jazz Festival is greatest festival in the world winning with it a Guinness World Record in 2004. During the week (about 10 days) many streets are closed, traffic gets sometimes jammed because of it, and a huge number of [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Musée d'Art Contemporain in MontrealAn amazing museum in Montreal, the Musée d'Art Contemporain is the place to visit when in Montreal. The museum has many works from various contemporary artists, and all this fantastic art can be seen for a reasonably fair price. You can [...]D: n/a00
- Île Ste-Hélène on Saint Lawrence RiverWe didn't get bored not for a minute on the Island of Ste-Hélène when we visited Montreal last summer. There were so many people and things to see, we couldn't even decide where to begin. Eventually we went to visit the Stewart Museum [...]D: 3mi00
Things about Montreal you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
No visit to Madrid is complete without eating some mouth watering Churros. Chocolateria San Gines is the oldest venue that has been serving Churros...
Food: San Gines Chocolate Factory
Better visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can...
Food: Traditional food
Last year we stayed a night in the Mandarin pension in Sopron. I can recommend this place because I was really satisfied with it. We paid around 20...
General: Mandarin Pension in Sopron
Place Jemaa El Fna is the main square in the city of Marrakech. Its a great place to watch some Moroccans charm snakes or sit down and get a sleeve...
Sightseeing: Place Jemaa El Fna
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
You wouldn't think that a small town like Bakersfield holds such a treasure like the Bakersfield Museum of Art whose main aim is to increase...
History & Culture: Bakersfield Museum of Art
If you're interested in science, you'll love the Orlando Science Center, even if you already know the all the stuff presented inside. This...
History & Culture: Orlando Science Center
What a wonderful evening, and what amazing food. The Beirut Restaurant deserves its praise, we had such a nice evening dining there, we would very...
Food: Beirut Restaurant
Hoa Binh, Vietnam
The valley is Mai Chau town of Hoa Binh province which is located 135km southwest of Hanoi. The word “valley” means that it is surrounded by...
General: How to experience your tour in Mai Chau?