Foshay Tower, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Travel tips > North America > United States > Minneapolis > Foshay Tower
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The tower was the project of a former art student, William Foshay, who turned into a businessman and amassed quite a sizable fortune. The building is a hotel now, but it has a nice observation deck on the 30th floor, from where you can see the city sprawling at your feet.
821 Marquette Ave, Minneapolis
Recent travel tips for Minneapolis
- Anodyne Coffee HouseAnodyne is a trendy coffee house, but it serves great food all day long. The sandwich menu has some pretty exciting choices, and you'll probably find the place filled with Minneapolis's hip crowd at all hours of the day. The place is pretty [...]D: 3.4mi00
- CC Club in MinneapolisThe CC is your typical neighbourhood bar, where most of the patrons know each other, but that doesn't mean that you won't be welcomed. Some people describe it as a hipster-haunt, but truth is that the bar is just popular with the [...]D: 1.6mi00
- The Purcell-Cutts HouseThis unusual looking house is the joint creation of architects William Gray Purcell and George Grant Elmslie. The house is built in the distinctive Prairie School style, a popular style in architecture in the late 19th century and early [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Ike's Food and CocktailsIke's Food and Cocktails is a nice, all-American restaurant with a twist. The place looks like something straight out of a 40's movie, with long, narrow tables and booths, and a really classy atmosphere (the servers in jackets sure help). [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Double Danger Comics & CollectiblesEmbrace your inner comic book fan at this wonderful place. There are literally tons of comic books and related merchandise that will make your head spin. There are lots of indie and rare comics, and contrary to the stereotype of comic fans [...]D: 2.1mi00
Things about Minneapolis you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Wiener Neustadt, Austria
They have great drinks not for too much and great company. Also they have the best music in the area, so yes, I can say it's the best club in the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Backstage
I guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week...
Outdoors Activities: Walking on the Wattenmeer
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
The Hague, Netherlands
Restaurant The Hague: Welcome Restaurant Alexander You are looking for a restaurant in The Hague, welcome at Restaurant Alexander in the...
Food: Restaurant Alexander in The Hague
Las Pinas, Philippines
MARBLES resto bar, billiards and ktv located along Alabang Zapote road has been one of Las Pinas' pioneer gimmick spots with its 11 pool tables,...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bar, Billiards,KTV and Live Bands
La Jolla, California
Westfield Shoppingtown UTC with its fantastically beautiful promenade operates more than 160 selected stores. There are, for example, Abercrombie &...
Shopping: Westfield hoppingtown UTC
Though it may be more interesting for students, the University of Tulsa Campus can be just as 'entertaining' or adults as your youngsters...
Sightseeing: University of Tulsa Campus