The Purcell-Cutts House, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Travel tips > North America > United States > Minneapolis > The Purcell-Cutts House
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The inside o the building is just as interesting as the outside: artsy windows and stencils everywhere. Tours of the house are given every second weekend, so it might be a bit difficult to fit into your schedule, but it is definitely worth the effort for everyone who like unusual architecture.
2328 Lake Pl, Minneapolis
Seniors and Students $4
Saturday tours: at 10am, 11am, noon, and 1pm
Sunday tours: at noon, 1pm, and 2pm
Recent travel tips for Minneapolis
- Double Danger Comics & CollectiblesEmbrace your inner comic book fan at this wonderful place. There are literally tons of comic books and related merchandise that will make your head spin. There are lots of indie and rare comics, and contrary to the stereotype of comic fans [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Ike's Food and CocktailsIke's Food and Cocktails is a nice, all-American restaurant with a twist. The place looks like something straight out of a 40's movie, with long, narrow tables and booths, and a really classy atmosphere (the servers in jackets sure help). [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Anodyne Coffee HouseAnodyne is a trendy coffee house, but it serves great food all day long. The sandwich menu has some pretty exciting choices, and you'll probably find the place filled with Minneapolis's hip crowd at all hours of the day. The place is pretty [...]D: 3.4mi00
- The Loon CafeThe Loon Cafe started out as a ports bar in the 1980's, but what's more interesting than the drink menu is actually the bar's food. No sleazy fast-food style burgers here, but calamari fritters and spinach con queso, and the chili and [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Spoonbridge and CherryDefinitely one of the city's most visited sights, the Spoonbridge and Cherry sculpture is located in the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden. It's one of the most interesting and weird sculptures I have ever seen; it really is a huge [...]D: 1.1mi00
Things about Minneapolis you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like playing, you can visit the Casino Bregenz. You have to be 18 years to get admission to it.
Night Life & Entertainment: Casino Bregenz
If you are looking for a beach vacation, Cairns isnt the right place, because there´s no beach close to the city, neither you can walk there. But...
Outdoors Activities: No beach vacations
If you are in the city around the end of april, you should visit the biggest procession of riders in europe. It is called 'the Blutritt', because...
History & Culture: The Blutritt
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
A nice shopping destination is Debrecen Plaza, a mall located near to the center of the town. Although not big, it has a lot of shopping stores,...
Shopping: Debrecen Plaza
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
One of the most unique and fun shows I've been in Indianapolis was in the White Rabbit Cabaret. Their performances were funny, almost burlesque...
Night Life & Entertainment: White Rabbit Cabaret
For a better insight into California's and the Bay Area's culture and history, the Oakland Museum of California is the place to start. Not...
History & Culture: Oakland Museum of California
I'm not sure how much someone who isn't remotely interested in trains will like this, but if you have even a passing interests in railroads,...
History & Culture: International Trolley and Train Museum