The Purcell-Cutts House, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Travel tips > North America > United States > Minneapolis > The Purcell-Cutts House
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The inside o the building is just as interesting as the outside: artsy windows and stencils everywhere. Tours of the house are given every second weekend, so it might be a bit difficult to fit into your schedule, but it is definitely worth the effort for everyone who like unusual architecture.
2328 Lake Pl, Minneapolis
Seniors and Students $4
Saturday tours: at 10am, 11am, noon, and 1pm
Sunday tours: at noon, 1pm, and 2pm
Recent travel tips for Minneapolis
- Isle's Bun and Coffee CompanyIsle's is a nice, old-style bakery where you can eat some of the best pastries in town. The coffee cake and the pecan sticky buns deserve special mention, especially if you can get them fresh out of the oven. There are stools lined against [...]D: n/a00
- Ingebretsen's in MinneapolisIf you are looking for some special, unusual gifts for someone, Ingebretsen's can offer you a wide selection of stuff that would make really good presents. It is a combination of deli (Scandinavian meats, cheeses, jellies, and [...]D: 1.9mi00
- The Loon CafeThe Loon Cafe started out as a ports bar in the 1980's, but what's more interesting than the drink menu is actually the bar's food. No sleazy fast-food style burgers here, but calamari fritters and spinach con queso, and the chili and [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Lyndale Park GardensLyndale Park Gardens is part of a huge area of parks and gardens encircling Minneapolis, called the Grand Rounds Scenic Byway. The rose garden is the second oldest in the US, and it features more than 250 species of roses (over 4000 plants [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Foshay TowerThe 32 floor Foshay Tower might not be very impressive when compared to mre modern sky-scrapers, but back when it was completed (in 1929), it was the tallest building in Minneapolis. It is an interesting building in the Art Dec style which [...]D: 0.3mi00
Things about Minneapolis you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
The Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic...
History & Culture: Cathedral Notre Dame
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
While in Bali you must visit the monkey temple in Uluwatu. You get an awesome view from the high cliffs where the temple sits and the temple itself...
History & Culture: Uluwatu - Monkey Temple
On planning to visit Leh Ladakh via bike ride from Manali, then the best time would be June to September. You may need to travel at least 2 days by...
General: A complete guide to bike trip in ladakh
Alba Iulia, Romania
The Carolina Fortress of Alba Iulia is considered one of the seven wonders of Romania. It is a compelling group of buildings in very good state and...
History & Culture: Carolina Fortress
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.