Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Memphis, Tennessee
Travel tips > North America > United States > Memphis > Dixon Gallery and Gardens
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
If you plan on visiting the gardens, be sure to go in the period when the flowers are in full bloom and everything is green, because that is when you can experience the place in its full perfection!
4339 Park Ave, Memphis, TN 38117, USA
Adults: $7, Children: $3
10am to 4pm. Closed on Mondays.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Memphis
- Memphis Fire MuseumA real treat to mostly families, the Memphis Fire Museum offers hands-on exhibits that can be great fun for children. It is quite interactive for kids, because they can play a fireman, dress up, put out a fire and climb on a fire-truck, [...]D: 14.7mi00
- Sun StudioThe birthplace of rock'n'rock, we could say about Sun Studio, which has become famous for the the King of rock'n'roll, Elvis Presley, who first sung and recorded his songs here. The tours last only one and a half hours but [...]D: 14.1mi00
- Memphis Pink PalaceLocated in downtown and featuring a little bit of every kind of exhibition, the Memphis Pink Palace is well-worth destination for visitors with kids of friends. The mansion itself is something that is worth seeing, not to mention the [...]D: 10.5mi00
- Charles Vergos RendezvousFor the BBQ-lover, Charles Vergos Rendezvous is the perfect place. They have the most excellent ribs prepared with care and delicates. Though I would say the dishes are a bit pricey, so if you're looking for a budget meal or restaurant [...]D: 14.8mi00
- Stax MuseumThe heart and soul of Soul Music, the Stax Museum has seen several well-known artists and has helped many of them become what they are now, like Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner or Otis Redding. If you like even a little bit of soul music than [...]D: 14.4mi00
Things about Memphis you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you intend to visit munich around the Oktoberfest, book your hotel much earlier. Because the rooms are realy rare during that period. Dont...
Night Life & Entertainment: Oktoberfest
Close to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on...
Food: St. Guilhem le Désert
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
Go snorkling or scuba diving. Eat lots of fish at any of the Seafood restaurants - make sure you don't just eat the hotels, street food is often...
Outdoors Activities: Snorkling or scuba diving
If you love the art on metal, this is the best place to get astonished with some fabulous metal work. Museum of Kutch basically represent the...
History & Culture: Museum of Kutch
Breakthrough cafe is a great place for people to try the traditional local desert known as the cendol it originated from South east Asia and...
Food: Breakthrough Cafe
Colorado Springs, Colorado
In Colorado Springs there is a place where you can not only enjoy amazing food but bask in the contemporary world of locals artists' talent....
Food: Warehouse Restaurant
New York, New York
What Rodeo Drive is to LA, Fifth Ave is to new York, except that it's 100 times bigger. This is really the prime real estate and more or less the...
History & Culture: Fifth Avenue
A small and cozy little place at Ybor city in Tampa serves delicious crepes both sweet and meal-like. La Creperia Cafe is famous for its savory...
Food: La Creperia Cafe
This restaurant was voted one of the best barbecue restaurants in Wichita and with reason. They have one of the tastiest ribs and barbecue sauce in...
Food: Pig In Pig Out BBQ