Memphis Fire Museum, Tennessee
Travel tips > North America > United States > Memphis > Memphis Fire Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It is quite interactive for kids, because they can play a fireman, dress up, put out a fire and climb on a fire-truck, so if you're with family in Memphis, than this museum is a must!
Even if you're not with kids, you can still enjoy yourself, because there are so many educational and interesting things about fire-fighting that even a grownup can appreciate.
118 Adams Ave, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
$6 for adults, $5 for children.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Memphis
- Rum Boogie CaféMemphis is all about blues and BBQs. The Rum Boogie Cafe has been open since 1985 and has seen such famous artists such as Elvis Presley, Joe Walsh, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Sting, Alice Cooper and Aerosmith, each and every one of them signing [...]D: 14.9mi00
- Memphis Pink PalaceLocated in downtown and featuring a little bit of every kind of exhibition, the Memphis Pink Palace is well-worth destination for visitors with kids of friends. The mansion itself is something that is worth seeing, not to mention the [...]D: 10.5mi00
- Charles Vergos RendezvousFor the BBQ-lover, Charles Vergos Rendezvous is the perfect place. They have the most excellent ribs prepared with care and delicates. Though I would say the dishes are a bit pricey, so if you're looking for a budget meal or restaurant [...]D: 14.8mi00
- Sun StudioThe birthplace of rock'n'rock, we could say about Sun Studio, which has become famous for the the King of rock'n'roll, Elvis Presley, who first sung and recorded his songs here. The tours last only one and a half hours but [...]D: 14.1mi00
- Stax MuseumThe heart and soul of Soul Music, the Stax Museum has seen several well-known artists and has helped many of them become what they are now, like Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner or Otis Redding. If you like even a little bit of soul music than [...]D: 14.4mi00
Things about Memphis you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I WAS THERE 5 YEARS AGO, THE PEOPLE IS VERY FRIENDLY, THEY MAKE YOU PART OF THEIR FAMILY, IS SO HARD TO FORGET PEOPLE LIKE THEM
General: FRIENDLY PEOPLE
Lindau Bodensee, Germany
While in Lindau, make sure you visit the beautiful promenade and the city hall built during the 16th century. The entire city looks like a dioll...
General: Beautiful promenade and city hall
Better visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can...
Food: Traditional food
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
Golden Triangle Tour, Ranthambore Tour, South India Tour, Rajasthan With Goa Tour
General: Tour and Travel in India
Colosseum: While most guides will tell you to visit the Colosseum, I would recommend a nice stroll around it. The impressive part is the outside....
History & Culture: Colosseum
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Check booking fares early & often The flight booking fares always fluctuate, so timing is everything to book a flight ticket. I recommend...
General: Minimal stop when flying
Tripoli - Sabrata - Nalut - Ghadames - Ghat - Acacus - Murzuk Sand Sea -Wadi Mathendoush - Germa - Ubari Sand Sea – Desert Lakes - Sabha -...
General: Detailed tour tip
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...
If you go to Innsbruck, train is the most comfortable way to get there. From the mainstation you can get everywhere by taxi.
General: How to get there comfortably