Memphis Fire Museum, Tennessee
Travel tips > North America > United States > Memphis > Memphis Fire Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It is quite interactive for kids, because they can play a fireman, dress up, put out a fire and climb on a fire-truck, so if you're with family in Memphis, than this museum is a must!
Even if you're not with kids, you can still enjoy yourself, because there are so many educational and interesting things about fire-fighting that even a grownup can appreciate.
118 Adams Ave, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
$6 for adults, $5 for children.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Memphis
- National Civil Rights MuseumA must-see museum in every aspect is definitely the National Civil Rights Museum, located in the Lorraine Motel, where the great man, Martin Luther King has spent his last day. Though you might have to read a lot, the hands-on exhibits, [...]D: 15.3mi00
- Charles Vergos RendezvousFor the BBQ-lover, Charles Vergos Rendezvous is the perfect place. They have the most excellent ribs prepared with care and delicates. Though I would say the dishes are a bit pricey, so if you're looking for a budget meal or restaurant [...]D: 14.8mi00
- GracelandEverything that is known or unknown about the King of Rock'n'Roll can be found in Graceland, home of Elvis. You can take part on VIP or the mansion tours, find out everything about the man that changed music and history. Even if [...]D: 16.5mi00
- Stax MuseumThe heart and soul of Soul Music, the Stax Museum has seen several well-known artists and has helped many of them become what they are now, like Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner or Otis Redding. If you like even a little bit of soul music than [...]D: 14.4mi00
- Rum Boogie CaféMemphis is all about blues and BBQs. The Rum Boogie Cafe has been open since 1985 and has seen such famous artists such as Elvis Presley, Joe Walsh, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Sting, Alice Cooper and Aerosmith, each and every one of them signing [...]D: 14.9mi00
Things about Memphis you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are in Vienna don't miss the Hundertwasserhaus. It's really interesting!
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
Good nightlife there, because of the university. Visit one of the local student pubs.
Night Life & Entertainment: Nightlife in Wurzburg
Athens is extremely hot, so make sure that you always have enough to drink with you. Especially when you are climbing up to the Parthenon.
History & Culture: Bring water with you to the Parthenon
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
Kabini is one of the best wildlife zones in this part of the world in Karnataka in India. Wildlife enthusiasts and tourists come here and enjoy the...
Outdoors Activities: Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary Pleasures
Jalan Kayu, Singapore
Thasevi Prata Restaurant as the name suggest is very much famous for its pratas.(round circular flour made bread resembling a pancake cooked over a...
Food: Thasevi Prata Restaurant
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
Miami Beach, Florida
Amazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen,...
Beaches : Nikki Beach in Miami Beach
We went to see the popular ballpark in Milwaukee in September, and we took a tour so that we could get glimpse behind things that we couldn't...
Sports & Wellness : Miller Park