National Civil Rights Museum, Memphis, Tennessee
Travel tips > North America > United States > Memphis > National Civil Rights Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Though you might have to read a lot, the hands-on exhibits, the heart-moving collections will be more powerful to your sense than reading. I felt quite emotional after the few-hour visit! Don't miss it!!!
450 Mulberry St, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
$13 - Adults, $11 - Children
9am to 5pm (open from 1pm on Sundays, closed on Tuesdays)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Memphis
- Stax MuseumThe heart and soul of Soul Music, the Stax Museum has seen several well-known artists and has helped many of them become what they are now, like Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner or Otis Redding. If you like even a little bit of soul music than [...]D: 14.4mi00
- Memphis Pink PalaceLocated in downtown and featuring a little bit of every kind of exhibition, the Memphis Pink Palace is well-worth destination for visitors with kids of friends. The mansion itself is something that is worth seeing, not to mention the [...]D: 10.5mi00
- B. B. King's RestaurantIf you want to have a night out with friends, not just exploring the city during daytime and sleeping at night, than you should go to B. B. King's Restaurant. They have an open blues club that's the best in town. Party, energy, [...]D: 15mi00
- Blues City CaféThere is no place in Memphis or in Tennessee for that matter where you can eat such delicious, world-class tamales and party for hours in the same time! Blues City Cafe is like no other! It was the first time that I had so much fun with [...]D: 15mi00
- Memphis ZooLocated in Prentiss Place, the Memphis Zoo is a family attraction with a wide variety of animals from across the globe. The giant panda, who is called Yaya was the main attraction of our visit, beside the live animals shows. We were [...]D: 11.6mi00
Things about Memphis you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Come to BinZhou City, and experience a great place.
General: The Pearl of the yellow River Delta
The city was occupied and reconquered many times. This is why the city has a 4,5 km coastwall protection. You can see it wherever you go is...
History & Culture: Walls, lookouts and gateways
If you want to buy some food but you don't want to pay as much as you would have to in Paralia, I suggest you to try that small supermarket we used...
Shopping: Cheap supermarket near Paralia
It isn't a good place at all. The waiters were impolite, the menu was a single sheet thrown onto the table and without prices. We ordered meal...
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
The Sahara desert is the largest desert on earth, with a size bigger then the USA. Once you get into the Sahara you really will get a feel for the...
Sightseeing: The Sahara Desert
For the best Thai meal you definitely have to go to Thai Taste Indianapolis restaurant. Their authentic Thai ingredients make the dishes so...
Food: Thai Taste Indianapolis
San Antonio, Texas
For a better understanding of the city's history, taking part at one of the San Antonio Walks is the way to do it. They not just give you the...
Outdoors Activities: San Antonio Walks
Check out my blog http://ebloggor.blogspot.com Average preice for an entree is under $10.00 and there is a great pub and a wonderful Southwest...
Food: Best Restaurant
The Hue cuisine is distinct and is considered one of the best in Vietnam. The list available includes Hue traditional food and Royal Cuisine food...
General: What to eat in Hue