National Civil Rights Museum, Memphis, Tennessee
Travel tips > North America > United States > Memphis > National Civil Rights Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Though you might have to read a lot, the hands-on exhibits, the heart-moving collections will be more powerful to your sense than reading. I felt quite emotional after the few-hour visit! Don't miss it!!!
450 Mulberry St, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
$13 - Adults, $11 - Children
9am to 5pm (open from 1pm on Sundays, closed on Tuesdays)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Memphis
- Rum Boogie CaféMemphis is all about blues and BBQs. The Rum Boogie Cafe has been open since 1985 and has seen such famous artists such as Elvis Presley, Joe Walsh, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Sting, Alice Cooper and Aerosmith, each and every one of them signing [...]D: 14.9mi00
- Mojo Music Bus TourWe've never taken part on a tour that was led by musicians and were singing and performing throughout the whole 90-minute ride, so the Mojo Music Bus Tour was only fun and entertaining but unique too. During the ride you are driven to [...]D: 15mi00
- Memphis Pink PalaceLocated in downtown and featuring a little bit of every kind of exhibition, the Memphis Pink Palace is well-worth destination for visitors with kids of friends. The mansion itself is something that is worth seeing, not to mention the [...]D: 10.5mi00
- Memphis Rock 'n' Soul MuseumDedicated to those who changed history by their music, the Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum is a must-see attraction to everyone who happens to visit the city. There are so many amazing exhibitions to see that you will get overwhelmed [...]D: 15mi00
- Stax MuseumThe heart and soul of Soul Music, the Stax Museum has seen several well-known artists and has helped many of them become what they are now, like Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner or Otis Redding. If you like even a little bit of soul music than [...]D: 14.4mi00
Things about Memphis you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are in Graz you should visit the old armory of the town from the 16./17. century. It´s the oldest completely preserved armory, attracting...
History & Culture: Landeszeughaus Graz
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
It is a great to not just because of its placement (downtown Montreal), but their service is upscale and their rooms are clean and comfortable. ...
General: Hotel Omni Mont-Royal
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
Oxford, United Kingdom
Sightseeing buses may seem as a waste of time and money, but in the case of towns like Oxford I would say that they are the perfect choice. Oxford...
History & Culture: Sightseeing in Oxford with the bus
York, United Kingdom
York is a beautiful walled city on the river Ouse, with Viking roots and archeology to explore in the Viking Centre, Tudor buildings overhanging...
General: The Cliffords Tower and Castle Museum
Getting to Skopje and sightseeing the city!
General: Skopje trip
Islamabad Gharbi, Pakistan
Enjoy residing at luxurious hotels in Islamabad with Trekkso - One of the best travel and tour operators of Pakistan. To know more visit http://www...
General: Hotels in Islamabad
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
Serving tasty home-made Greek specialties, Myra's Dionysus restaurant is a small, friendly place to eat. They have a huge list of daily soups,...
Food: Myra's Dionysus