Memphis Zoo, Tennessee
Travel tips > North America > United States > Memphis > Memphis Zoo
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The giant panda, who is called Yaya was the main attraction of our visit, beside the live animals shows. We were really lucky that we could see the animals, because if it is a hot day, then they try to hide away from the sun, but the day we went the sky was cloudy; we were also allowed to feed some of the animals too, so it was a worthwhile trip.
2000 Prentiss Ln, Memphis, TN 38112, USA
$15 for adults and $10 for children.
9:00am to 5pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Memphis
- Memphis Rock 'n' Soul MuseumDedicated to those who changed history by their music, the Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum is a must-see attraction to everyone who happens to visit the city. There are so many amazing exhibitions to see that you will get overwhelmed [...]D: 15mi00
- Rum Boogie CaféMemphis is all about blues and BBQs. The Rum Boogie Cafe has been open since 1985 and has seen such famous artists such as Elvis Presley, Joe Walsh, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Sting, Alice Cooper and Aerosmith, each and every one of them signing [...]D: 14.9mi00
- Blues City CaféThere is no place in Memphis or in Tennessee for that matter where you can eat such delicious, world-class tamales and party for hours in the same time! Blues City Cafe is like no other! It was the first time that I had so much fun with [...]D: 15mi00
- Charles Vergos RendezvousFor the BBQ-lover, Charles Vergos Rendezvous is the perfect place. They have the most excellent ribs prepared with care and delicates. Though I would say the dishes are a bit pricey, so if you're looking for a budget meal or restaurant [...]D: 14.8mi00
- Mojo Music Bus TourWe've never taken part on a tour that was led by musicians and were singing and performing throughout the whole 90-minute ride, so the Mojo Music Bus Tour was only fun and entertaining but unique too. During the ride you are driven to [...]D: 15mi00
Things about Memphis you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The city is nice in the center. You can go shopping everywhere, also on the local markets. If you don't know where to go, just go to the tourist...
Shopping: Shopping in city
If you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st...
History & Culture: Ancient Nemausus in the modern city area
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
If you happen to be tired of Italian cuisine (which I cannot imagine), chose Casa dei Ciliegi, they have great - let's say - international cuisine....
Food: Casa dei Ciliegi
This a great place. They serve excellent beer in the Gollem Cafe, and though the place is not very big, the people who filled it were not so noisy...
Night Life & Entertainment: Gollem Cafe
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
As America's very first Cathedral, this imposing structure is an architectural jewel and a place of worship for people all over the world. ...
History & Culture: Basilica of the Assumption
Las Vegas, Nevada
This is one of the locals favorites. It's naturally packed with tourists as well. The Bellagio Buffet offers a huge selection of International food...
Food: Bellagio Buffet
Raleigh, North Carolina
One of the oldest and most family frequented parks in Raleigh is Pullen Park. It is a place perfect for children to run around, play games and have...
Sightseeing: Pullen Park
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz