Memphis Zoo, Tennessee
Travel tips > North America > United States > Memphis > Memphis Zoo
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The giant panda, who is called Yaya was the main attraction of our visit, beside the live animals shows. We were really lucky that we could see the animals, because if it is a hot day, then they try to hide away from the sun, but the day we went the sky was cloudy; we were also allowed to feed some of the animals too, so it was a worthwhile trip.
2000 Prentiss Ln, Memphis, TN 38112, USA
$15 for adults and $10 for children.
9:00am to 5pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Memphis
- Blues City CaféThere is no place in Memphis or in Tennessee for that matter where you can eat such delicious, world-class tamales and party for hours in the same time! Blues City Cafe is like no other! It was the first time that I had so much fun with [...]D: 15mi00
- Sun StudioThe birthplace of rock'n'rock, we could say about Sun Studio, which has become famous for the the King of rock'n'roll, Elvis Presley, who first sung and recorded his songs here. The tours last only one and a half hours but [...]D: 14.1mi00
- National Civil Rights MuseumA must-see museum in every aspect is definitely the National Civil Rights Museum, located in the Lorraine Motel, where the great man, Martin Luther King has spent his last day. Though you might have to read a lot, the hands-on exhibits, [...]D: 15.3mi00
- Memphis Pink PalaceLocated in downtown and featuring a little bit of every kind of exhibition, the Memphis Pink Palace is well-worth destination for visitors with kids of friends. The mansion itself is something that is worth seeing, not to mention the [...]D: 10.5mi00
- Three Little Pigs BBQIf you're in a taste for some fresh, delicious pork dishes than you have to look up the Three Little Pigs BBQ on South Highland Street. They have juicy, grilled pork with excellent taste. I don't think I've ever eaten so much [...]D: 10.2mi00
Things about Memphis you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
If you are spending your day lounging on the beaches of Leblon or in the vicinity, and you are not particularly stingy, do pay a visit to Zuka, one...
Food: Zuka Restaurant in Rio de Janeiro
While in Friedrichshafen, don't miss out on visiting the Promenade. It's basically the street that's right by the Lake Constance. There are a ton...
Sightseeing: Friedrichshafen Promenade
In Konstanz gibt es viele Museen, Theater, Kunst und Bauwerke, so wie das Rathaus oder das Schnetztor.
General: Museen, Theater und Rathaus
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
You can get a discount at the entertainment park entrance if you keep your parking ticket :)
General: Save your money
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This restaurant is a great place to try the various local cusines and dishes of Malaysia. A tip here is if you are interested to try the local...
Food: Restoran Mustika Zamzam
There is a castle in this city. It has a big parking but there you have to pay... very close about 50-100 meters from the castle you turn right on...
History & Culture: Bratislava Castle
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
Entertaining and informative in the same time, the tour we took in the Lakefront Brewery was well worth the time and money. The tour guide was...
Sightseeing: Lakefront Brewery
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Weather you are a history freak or you are interested in life saving, it doesn't matter, because the Old Coast Guard Station is for everyone....
History & Culture: Old Coast Guard Station