Memphis Zoo, Tennessee
Travel tips > North America > United States > Memphis > Memphis Zoo
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The giant panda, who is called Yaya was the main attraction of our visit, beside the live animals shows. We were really lucky that we could see the animals, because if it is a hot day, then they try to hide away from the sun, but the day we went the sky was cloudy; we were also allowed to feed some of the animals too, so it was a worthwhile trip.
2000 Prentiss Ln, Memphis, TN 38112, USA
$15 for adults and $10 for children.
9:00am to 5pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Memphis
- Mojo Music Bus TourWe've never taken part on a tour that was led by musicians and were singing and performing throughout the whole 90-minute ride, so the Mojo Music Bus Tour was only fun and entertaining but unique too. During the ride you are driven to [...]D: 15mi00
- Three Little Pigs BBQIf you're in a taste for some fresh, delicious pork dishes than you have to look up the Three Little Pigs BBQ on South Highland Street. They have juicy, grilled pork with excellent taste. I don't think I've ever eaten so much [...]D: 10.2mi00
- GracelandEverything that is known or unknown about the King of Rock'n'Roll can be found in Graceland, home of Elvis. You can take part on VIP or the mansion tours, find out everything about the man that changed music and history. Even if [...]D: 16.5mi00
- Memphis Rock 'n' Soul MuseumDedicated to those who changed history by their music, the Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum is a must-see attraction to everyone who happens to visit the city. There are so many amazing exhibitions to see that you will get overwhelmed [...]D: 15mi00
- National Civil Rights MuseumA must-see museum in every aspect is definitely the National Civil Rights Museum, located in the Lorraine Motel, where the great man, Martin Luther King has spent his last day. Though you might have to read a lot, the hands-on exhibits, [...]D: 15.3mi00
Things about Memphis you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Prague, Czech Republic
If you make a must see list before you go to Prague, Charles Bridge has to be on your list. This wonderful Gothic bridge was ordered by Holy Roman...
Sightseeing: Charles Bridge in Prague
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
In Überlingen there is a great swimminghall with a big water-slip.
General: The great swimminghall
Manchester, United Kingdom
Never stops raining.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reading is a great place to do your shopping. There are two big malls very close to each other. One of them is The Oracle, which is a huge mall...
Shopping: Shopping Centres
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
If you are interested to know how the sultan palace looks like during the period of the Melaka Sultanate period. This Melaka sultanate Palace which...
Sightseeing: Melaka Sultanate Palace
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive
Even though you might not be a real railroad fan, the California State Railroad Museum is still a place that you can easily visit without getting...
History & Culture: California State Railroad Museum