Raleigh Travel Tips, North Carolina
Travel tips > North America > United States > Raleigh travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Raleigh travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (5)
- Family & Fun (2)
- Food (6)
- Sightseeing (2)
Browse Raleigh travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Raleigh travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Raleigh or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Raleigh travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Raleigh
- 18 Seaboard RestaurantLocated in the building which has been the Seaboard Train Station years ago, the 18 Seaboard Restaurant offers a wide variety of tasty food in a rich and modern environment with a high-class service. They truly deserve the praise they are [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Marbles Kids MuseumThe game heaven on earth for kids, the Marbles Kids Museum is not only a place where children can learn things but a place where they can do that and have fun in doing it. The docents are really good with kids, they interact with them, help [...]D: 3.5mi00
- Taste Carolina Gourmet Food ToursA true taste of the North Carolinian cuisine and Raleigh locals flavors you can only get with Taste Carolina Gourmet Food Tours. The guides are not only knowledgeable but quite passionate about food and their work. They love local tastes, [...]D: 11.7mi00
- Umstead State ParkThough only called a park, the William B. Umstead State Park is actually a small forest with hiking, bike and horse trails, picnic areas and a fish lake. It is a place of tranquility and calm where you can get away from the busy everyday [...]D: 8.5mi00
- North Carolina Museum of ArtA beautiful and large museum with a vast variety of exhibitions; the North Carolina Museum of Art holds interesting artifacts that can be viewed either on your own or with the help of a tour guide. Paintings by famous European artists, [...]D: 4.7mi00
- Neomonde RestaurantIt is both a Cafe and a bakery and they also serve excellent food and offer catering. I loved the sautéed chicken and roasted vegetables as the side dish, it was fantastic. It made me want to go back to Neomond Restaurant and try out [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Frankie's Fun ParkThe most entertaining evening and fun night we ever had. Thanks to Frankie's Fun Park we had the time of our lives and we didn't even have to spend so much money. :) The place is really cool. There are so many games to take part in [...]D: 11.5mi00
- Lilly's PizzaI know that when you travel to another country, state or city you should try out some restaurants that serve local food, something you won't be able to find in your city, but I went to Lilly's Pizza on the recommendation of a friend [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Pullen ParkOne of the oldest and most family frequented parks in Raleigh is Pullen Park. It is a place perfect for children to run around, play games and have fun with their friends. It is also a great place to stroll with your partner or with friends [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Museum of Natural SciencesWe were lucky to visit the Museum of Natural Sciences on the first Friday of the month because it stayed open until 9pm so even if we arrived in the afternoon we didn't have to run to finish everything we wanted to see until closing at [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Bloomsbury BistroOne of the finest, even if not the oldest restaurants in town, the Bloomsbury Bistro welcomes its guests with warmth every time. I've been to the bistro on several occasions and every time the service was excellent, with the same great [...]D: 2.1mi00
- ArtspaceThough a huge art gallery, it has some unique taste to it, and it gives you a bit of inspiration, the Artspace in Raleigh is quite enjoyable. The Artspace's studios are open for the public for painting and drawing lectures, so its a [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Mordecai Historic ParkWe went to see the oldest and the most famous house in Raleigh where the United State's 17th President, Andrew Johnson, was born. It is located in the Mordecai Historic Park and is accessible for tours from Tuesday till Sunday. There [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Margaux's RestaurantA really great place to eat in Raleigh is Margaux's Restaurant on Creedmoor Road. Though its Gothic-like decor may not seem the best choice for a diner, their food can make up for it. They serve such delicious dishes that you even [...]D: 5.9mi00
- Historic OakwoodFor a taste of some real 19th century history, you should definitely go to the Historic Oakwood district which is the only remaining, intact area that dates back to the 19th century. Beautiful and amazing old houses, well-kept gardens and [...]D: 2.7mi00
Things about Raleigh you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are holidaying on a budget but don’t want to compromise on quality, our Sydney hotel deal for tonight is perfect for you. Our hotels in...
General: Sydney Hotel Deals for Tonight
Head to DC10 on Sunday, it's really good fun. Although be prepared for the long haul. It lasts from Sunday morning until 8am on Monday!
Night Life & Entertainment: Ibiza Holidays
If you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city.
History & Culture: Catharian castle
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
Tel Aviv, Israel
Hi I travel to Tel Aviv several times a year and I have found that renting an apartment for short term is much cheaper than renting a hotel room...
General: Recommendation for accommodation in Tel Aviv
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater
Located outside Disneyland and adjacent to the magical Hotel Resort, the entertainment, shopping and dining venue, also called Downtown Disney is...
Shopping: Downtown Disney
Belen, New Mexico
Local artist Zack Meyer and his crew are decorating the buildings of downtown Belen with colorful murals. There's something for everyone...
Sightseeing: Belen Murals
We wanted to roam the city's surroundings a bit, so we decided to get to Mount Rubidoux and on the way to the sight, we spotted the Jensen...
History & Culture: Jensen Alvarado Ranch
In interesting collection of decorative art, sculptures and paintings, not to mention photography and guest exhibitions can be found in the Wichita...
History & Culture: Wichita Art Museum