Museum of Natural Sciences, Raleigh, North Carolina
Travel tips > North America > United States > Raleigh > Museum of Natural Sciences
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There is no admission fee, so that's a plus to visit it, though they accept donations and some the special exhibits may charge you the entrance but all in all it is a wonderful and amazing facility worth your time.
11 W Jones St, Raleigh, NC 27601, USA
Free (donations accepted). Special exhibits are charged.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Raleigh
- Mordecai Historic ParkWe went to see the oldest and the most famous house in Raleigh where the United State's 17th President, Andrew Johnson, was born. It is located in the Mordecai Historic Park and is accessible for tours from Tuesday till Sunday. There [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Historic OakwoodFor a taste of some real 19th century history, you should definitely go to the Historic Oakwood district which is the only remaining, intact area that dates back to the 19th century. Beautiful and amazing old houses, well-kept gardens and [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Neomonde RestaurantIt is both a Cafe and a bakery and they also serve excellent food and offer catering. I loved the sautéed chicken and roasted vegetables as the side dish, it was fantastic. It made me want to go back to Neomond Restaurant and try out [...]D: 4.5mi00
- ArtspaceThough a huge art gallery, it has some unique taste to it, and it gives you a bit of inspiration, the Artspace in Raleigh is quite enjoyable. The Artspace's studios are open for the public for painting and drawing lectures, so its a [...]D: 3.7mi00
- 18 Seaboard RestaurantLocated in the building which has been the Seaboard Train Station years ago, the 18 Seaboard Restaurant offers a wide variety of tasty food in a rich and modern environment with a high-class service. They truly deserve the praise they are [...]D: 2.8mi00
Things about Raleigh you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
I really enjoyed my dinner here the other night. Although it's not cheap by any means, the food and atmosphere are great and the service is even...
Food: Eat at 'Das Weisse Haus'
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
The Klein Helgoland on the small island of Foehr is named after maybe one of Germany's smallest islands (Helgoland). The place is really cozy...
Food: Cakes at Cafe Klein Helgoland
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
It's Italian name is Battisero Paleocristiano and it is a early Christian Baptistery from the 4th century. Archaeologists say that most probably...
History & Culture: Milan Baptistery
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
This is probably the most amazing canyon you can visit. Unfortunately, you cannot add any photos via this tool yet, but basically you feel like you...
Sightseeing: Antelope Canyon
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz