Pullen Park, Raleigh, North Carolina
Travel tips > North America > United States > Raleigh > Pullen Park
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The major attraction of the place is the carousel which is one of the oldest in the city.
The park is under renovation now and it will open its gates during the summer period this year (2011). It is worthwhile to visit it if you travel to Raleigh during or after the summer.
520 Ashe Ave, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Closed until Summer 2011.
Recent travel tips for Raleigh
- North Carolina Museum of ArtA beautiful and large museum with a vast variety of exhibitions; the North Carolina Museum of Art holds interesting artifacts that can be viewed either on your own or with the help of a tour guide. Paintings by famous European artists, [...]D: 4.7mi00
- 18 Seaboard RestaurantLocated in the building which has been the Seaboard Train Station years ago, the 18 Seaboard Restaurant offers a wide variety of tasty food in a rich and modern environment with a high-class service. They truly deserve the praise they are [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Umstead State ParkThough only called a park, the William B. Umstead State Park is actually a small forest with hiking, bike and horse trails, picnic areas and a fish lake. It is a place of tranquility and calm where you can get away from the busy everyday [...]D: 8.5mi00
- Taste Carolina Gourmet Food ToursA true taste of the North Carolinian cuisine and Raleigh locals flavors you can only get with Taste Carolina Gourmet Food Tours. The guides are not only knowledgeable but quite passionate about food and their work. They love local tastes, [...]D: 11.7mi00
- Museum of Natural SciencesWe were lucky to visit the Museum of Natural Sciences on the first Friday of the month because it stayed open until 9pm so even if we arrived in the afternoon we didn't have to run to finish everything we wanted to see until closing at [...]D: 3.3mi00
Things about Raleigh you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
I guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week...
Outdoors Activities: Walking on the Wattenmeer
If you have kids who are interested in science, or if you are a science geek yourself, you will definitely love the Heureka Science Museum. Unlike...
Sightseeing: Heureka Science Centre
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
If you want to go to Dhelfoi, and you´ve got no car, check the bus and train schedules, otherwise you can suddenly be stuck for hours in the...
Public Transportation: Check the bus and train schedules
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
The National Park is huge and beautiful. It is right next to the city, so you can easily reach it wherever in Killarney you would be. The Park...
Outdoors Activities: Killarney National Park
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine