Historic Oakwood, Raleigh, North Carolina
Travel tips > North America > United States > Raleigh > Historic Oakwood
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Don't miss a visit to the district, I'm sure you will love it!
E Franklin St, Raleigh, NC 27604, USA
Special tours are charged. Check their website for more info.
All day long.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Raleigh
- Pullen ParkOne of the oldest and most family frequented parks in Raleigh is Pullen Park. It is a place perfect for children to run around, play games and have fun with their friends. It is also a great place to stroll with your partner or with friends [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Bloomsbury BistroOne of the finest, even if not the oldest restaurants in town, the Bloomsbury Bistro welcomes its guests with warmth every time. I've been to the bistro on several occasions and every time the service was excellent, with the same great [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Umstead State ParkThough only called a park, the William B. Umstead State Park is actually a small forest with hiking, bike and horse trails, picnic areas and a fish lake. It is a place of tranquility and calm where you can get away from the busy everyday [...]D: 8.5mi00
- Neomonde RestaurantIt is both a Cafe and a bakery and they also serve excellent food and offer catering. I loved the sautéed chicken and roasted vegetables as the side dish, it was fantastic. It made me want to go back to Neomond Restaurant and try out [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Museum of Natural SciencesWe were lucky to visit the Museum of Natural Sciences on the first Friday of the month because it stayed open until 9pm so even if we arrived in the afternoon we didn't have to run to finish everything we wanted to see until closing at [...]D: 3.3mi00
Things about Raleigh you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
In Ulm there is a big shop for furniture called 'IKEA'. You can find there basically everything you would need. If you know IKEA, especially if...
General: IKEA - shop for furniture
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
There is an amazing park in the center of the city, a park with palm trees and little bridges over a pretty watercourse. Don't miss it!
Family & Fun: Park in the heart of the city
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
If you want to visit the wonderful and peaceful island of Schinoussa(Greece)the Blue Star Ferries have two direct lines, one on Sunday and the...
Public Transportation: Travel to Schinoussa
Dont forget to view this great religious place atop a hill. For tips on travel in mysore visit mysorehub.com
General: Chamundi Hills
Visit Braila city ,Romania, an historical towm on the Danube, with a local guide -walking tour in Braila city -historical places,churches,main...
Sightseeing: Braila city tour/Braila walking tour
The most beautiful thing near my city is lake Baikal. Many tourists come here to see it every year. Lake Baikal is the oldest (25 million years)...
General: Amazing lake Baikal near my city
If you are a fan of Gone with the Wind, the best known literature classic about the South, you really shouldn't miss the home of author Margaret...
History & Culture: Margaret Mitchell House and Museum