The abbey in Melk, Austria
Travel tips > Europe > Austria > Melk > The abbey in Melk
- General travel tip
- City center
Melk Abbey, Abteilung Berthold Dietmayr Straße 1, 3390 Melk, Austria
Adults per person:
without guided tour: € 7,70
with guided tour*: € 9,50
*: Tours only in the rooms of the abbey, not in the park
March 28, 2009 to November 1, 2009
March 27, 2010 to November 7, 2010
Visits possible daily with or without a guided tour
May to September:
9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (admission until 5:00 p.m.)
Recent travel tips for Austria
- ArenaTheres music here for every taste, from punk to raggea you can find here all the old favorites and the new hits. Most of the people are young here and there in live entertainment as well. Usually crowded, or at least it was when I've [...]D: 3.1mi00
- Sightseeing from the RiesenradIf you're in Vienna don't miss the Riesenrad in the Prater park. This is a sightseeing ferris-wheel. It goes round very slowly and when you're on the top you can see a very big part of the city. It's not cheap but I think it worth it. [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Ski Vacation with KidsForstau is ideal for families with small kids. There are some great skischools where you can left your kids from 10am till 3pm. They take care for them (inclusive lunch) and teach them skiing. The teachers are very helpful, friendly and the [...]D: 1.4mi10
- SkiingIf you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The glaciers at Hintertux offers you a wide variety of ski runs, for every state of skill. There are also busses going to the lift, if you dont have a hotel near by. [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Horse Riding in RadstadtAre you interested on horse riding? Check 'Reiterhof Weissenhof'. It's ideal for kids, they offer lessons for kids and adults. It's ideal during a ski vacation. [...]D: 0.7mi00
Things about Melk you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
Who doesnt know these little plastic stones and who didnt play with Lego? I think nobody. If you are on your vacation with your family in Denmark...
Family & Fun: Legoland
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
The best way to arrive to Palais des Beaux-Arts is by metro. Metro line 1 has a stop next to the museum. Line 74 of the bus also stops very close...
Sightseeing: Hot to get to Palais des Beaux-Arts
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
Shimla, the picturesque city in Himanchal Pradesh is widely adored for snow covered mountains, mesmerising greenery, splendid lakes, and pleasant...
Sightseeing: Top Tourist Places to Visit in Shimla
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
I am a loving lady who is seeking for my true love, I want to end my loneliness
General: Am a good girl
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz