The Alfama in Lisbon, Portugal
Travel tips > Europe > Portugal > Lisbon > The Alfama in Lisbon
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
A tip for the visitor: wear comfortable shoes and clothes because the Alfama is an uphill and it has steep, narrow streets.
How to get there:
You might ride the Tram 28, which is also part of the historical town.
Recent travel tips for Lisbon
- BelemThis bastion and tower are some kind of a symbol of the whole city. It is 50 m high and commemorates those Portuguese people who took part in the great discoveries throughout the history. It celebrates explorers like Prince Henry the [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Lotus chalets, Canal road, Migahajandura, Sooriyawewa,...Surroundings The eco-resort is surrounded by the following attractive places. While you are staying in the resort you can easily visit these places. Udawalawa National Park - 30 minutes drive Udawalawa Elephant Orphanage - 30 minutes [...]D: 5953.7mi20
- The Belem TowerD: 3.1mi00
- Tram 28 of LisbonTraveling with the local transportation of a city is always fun and gives you a feeling of being part of the city, like a local. That was the reason we hopped on the Tram 28 which goes up and down the narrow streets of Lisbon, giving a [...]D: n/a00
- The Gulbenkian MuseumThis museum, though not a big one, hosts first-class exhibitions from various Eastern cultures, like Egypt, Mesopotamia, India even Japan and China, and some collections of French furniture and paintings among other interesting artifacts. [...]D: 1.1mi01
Things about Lisbon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
This is not a very big zoo, but a very nice one. They take really good care of the animals and try to make their places as natural like as possible...
Outdoors Activities: Zoological Gardens
There is a wonderful view from Sacromonte over the city. You can find an abbey on the top of the mountain, beautiful 17th century building. What...
Outdoors Activities: Sacromonte
Boulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express...
General: From Lille to Boulogne-sur-mer
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
Reading, United Kingdom
Reading is a great place to do your shopping. There are two big malls very close to each other. One of them is The Oracle, which is a huge mall...
Shopping: Shopping Centres
One of the oldest and maybe the smallest clubs in Italy, the Piccolo Mondo Bar is a hidden jewel in the heart of Venice. Many locals visit the bar...
Night Life & Entertainment: Piccolo Mondo Bar in Venice
The Hague, Netherlands
Restaurant The Hague: Welcome Restaurant Alexander You are looking for a restaurant in The Hague, welcome at Restaurant Alexander in the...
Food: Restaurant Alexander in The Hague
Treks Himalaya Pvt. Ltd. an indoor outdoor trekking and tours operative company takes you that further way to guarantee you has an unforgettable...
Sightseeing: Treks Himalaya
La Jolla, California
Westfield Shoppingtown UTC with its fantastically beautiful promenade operates more than 160 selected stores. There are, for example, Abercrombie &...
Shopping: Westfield hoppingtown UTC