The Gulbenkian Museum, Lisbon, Portugal
Travel tips > Europe > Portugal > Lisbon > The Gulbenkian Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Those three hours were really educational and full of meaning and understanding. I would say he museum is Must-See for everyone, even you're not there to learn, only to see some really beautiful, fine artifacts from countries that can't be reached easily.
Av. de Berna, Lisbon, Portugal
Admission fee is EUR 5. (there are also audio guides in English, French and Spanish)
Open from Tuesday to Sunday between 10:00am-5:45pm
How to get there:
Buses (no. 16, 56, 718, 726, 742) and the metro from Praca de Espanha or San Sebastiao stations.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Lisbon
- BelemThis bastion and tower are some kind of a symbol of the whole city. It is 50 m high and commemorates those Portuguese people who took part in the great discoveries throughout the history. It celebrates explorers like Prince Henry the [...]D: 3.6mi00
- The Monastery of St. JeromeThe monastery, that has been built 500 years ago, is one of the most amazing sights in Portugal. Its unique architecture, its white 'clean' stone exterior and beautiful interior, not to mention that the famous Portuguese explorer is [...]D: 3.5mi00
- Tram 28 of LisbonTraveling with the local transportation of a city is always fun and gives you a feeling of being part of the city, like a local. That was the reason we hopped on the Tram 28 which goes up and down the narrow streets of Lisbon, giving a [...]D: n/a00
- The Belem TowerD: 3.1mi00
- Holiday Inn Lisbon ContinentalWe didn't spend much time in the hotel, we were roaming the streets all day long, exploring various areas, but while we DID spend time inside, everything was perfect. We were really pleased with the service provided. Our room was clean and [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Lisbon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Sparks Street is a high end shopping area near Parliament Hill. Its a nice pedestrian with a lot of classy restaurants and boutiques. There are...
Shopping: Sparks Street
The Rheinfälle at Schaffhausen are really some kind of nature play. Big and impressing the rive Rhine has got waterfalls there. You can either...
Outdoors Activities: The big waterfall called Rheinfälle
If you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you...
General: Casino Hohensyburg
Visit the big roman open air museum at the time when the plays of the roman reenactment groups take place. Every two years one of the biggest...
Night Life & Entertainment: Open air museum and plays in Xanten
If you are at Avignon, take a look at the medieval pope's palace. It's huge and directly in the center of the city. You can get guided tours for a...
Sightseeing: The medieval pope's palace
In France (so obviously in Lille too), there is a so called 'Fête du Cinema' (The Festival of Cinema). What's interesting about it is this: you...
Family & Fun: Fête du Cinema
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
Pelion Mountain is very close to the city of Volos, you can easily reach it from the city by taking the bus. There are so many amazing things there...
Outdoors Activities: Pelion Mountain
If you want to see Budapest from another view, I have an advice for you. Last summer I was with a ship from Budapest to Szentendre - it was awesome...
Sightseeing: Cruising from Budapest to Szentendre
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
This restaurant is particularly well known for its fish paste. There are many kinds of dishes that are served in its fish paste. Some of these...
Food: Restoran Baru Lee