The Gulbenkian Museum, Lisbon, Portugal
Travel tips > Europe > Portugal > Lisbon > The Gulbenkian Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Those three hours were really educational and full of meaning and understanding. I would say he museum is Must-See for everyone, even you're not there to learn, only to see some really beautiful, fine artifacts from countries that can't be reached easily.
Av. de Berna, Lisbon, Portugal
Admission fee is EUR 5. (there are also audio guides in English, French and Spanish)
Open from Tuesday to Sunday between 10:00am-5:45pm
How to get there:
Buses (no. 16, 56, 718, 726, 742) and the metro from Praca de Espanha or San Sebastiao stations.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Lisbon
- Eduardo VII Park in LisbonIn 1903 the British monarch, Edward VII visited Lisbon, on a reassurance of the Anglo-Portuguese alliance, and after his visit, the park (originally called Liberty Park) has been renamed after the monarch. The place comprises at least 26 [...]D: 0.2mi00
- BelemThis bastion and tower are some kind of a symbol of the whole city. It is 50 m high and commemorates those Portuguese people who took part in the great discoveries throughout the history. It celebrates explorers like Prince Henry the [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Casa do Alentejo in LisbonNo one would say that this shabby, old building is actually a small palace and hides a beautiful, rich interior with decorations, and furniture showing the luxury of the aristocratic life in the past centuries. When we went to the San [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Clube de Fado Restaurant in LisbonThis Fado restaurant is typically Portuguese in every aspect: its architecture, its atmosphere, its food, everything. From the first moment we stepped inside the restaurant we felt as if we'd went into a local pub or something. Live [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Trip to CascaisCascais is like a royal resort, full of different sights, and most notably, various, beautiful beaches. Though the ocean was a bit cold, we still had to dip in a bit, but it was good to lay under the sun a while, away from the bustling city [...]D: n/a00
Things about Lisbon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Frankfurt Am Main, Germany
(_) (_) /_ _______/
Outdoors Activities: Rostyslav
Visit the museum of the german railway.
Sightseeing: Railway Museum
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Established around 1997 by two Dutchmen, the St. Nicolaas Boat Club is a small, non-profit organization that gives its heart and soul to its boats...
Outdoors Activities: St. Nicolaas Boat Club of Amsterdam
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
Saint Louis, Missouri
Well, if I knew custards and ice creams could taste so good, I would have gone to Ted Drewes Frozen Custard years ago! They have absolutely the...
Food: Ted Drewes Frozen Custard
Santa Barbara, California
Great thing to check out while in Santa Barbara would be the beaches. Every beach is wonderful but I really recommend Butterfly Beach. Stunningly...
Outdoors Activities: Things to do in Santa Barbara
The restaurant's specialty, as its name indicates is the lobster which they prepare with care and attention to detail. The Lobster Pot...
Food: The Lobster Pot Restaurant
What can I say? Chamonix it's great, from the center of the town you can see the heights peak in Eastern Europe, Mont Blanc 4807m. There are many,...
Outdoors Activities: The capital of climbing