Sintra Moorish Castle, Lisbon, Portugal
Travel tips > Europe > Portugal > Lisbon > Sintra Moorish Castle
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
Sintra also served as a getaway for the royal families, that is why a Royal Palace can be also be found in the village We had to climb up the mountainside to get to the top and enter the castle and it was so good to be in the fresh air and in the forest, away from the noisy city. There is a small entrance fee to the castle but the view and the whole (still a bit Moorish) surrounding is worth it.
Estr. da Pena, 2710 Sintra, Portugal
Daily from 9:30 to 18:00
Recent travel tips for Lisbon
- Tram 28 of LisbonTraveling with the local transportation of a city is always fun and gives you a feeling of being part of the city, like a local. That was the reason we hopped on the Tram 28 which goes up and down the narrow streets of Lisbon, giving a [...]D: n/a00
- The Monastery of St. JeromeThe monastery, that has been built 500 years ago, is one of the most amazing sights in Portugal. Its unique architecture, its white 'clean' stone exterior and beautiful interior, not to mention that the famous Portuguese explorer is [...]D: 3.5mi00
- The Feira da Ladra in LisbonThis flea market in Alfama the historic, old part of Lisbon, has a history dating back to the 13th century. To those who like bargaining and collecting some nice Portuguese 'treasures' than the feira da ladra is the perfect place. [...]D: 1.5mi00
- BelemThis bastion and tower are some kind of a symbol of the whole city. It is 50 m high and commemorates those Portuguese people who took part in the great discoveries throughout the history. It celebrates explorers like Prince Henry the [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Eduardo VII Park in LisbonIn 1903 the British monarch, Edward VII visited Lisbon, on a reassurance of the Anglo-Portuguese alliance, and after his visit, the park (originally called Liberty Park) has been renamed after the monarch. The place comprises at least 26 [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Lisbon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
If you happen to go to Kecskemét do not miss out the famous 'Cifrapalota' which will surely attract you with its beautiful folk-art-motifs. You...
Sightseeing: Cifrapalota, Kecskemet
The best time to enjoy the fantastic beaches of the city is from December to March. Its starts raining April onwards making the sea rough.
Sightseeing: Best time to travel
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
The main street of the city is the most beautiful main street I have seen in Transsylvania. The buildings are constructed from the 16th to the...
Sightseeing: Main street of Sibiu
You can't get enough of this museum, it is so amazing. We spent almost a half day inside the National Palace Museum and we still felt we could...
History & Culture: National Palace Museum
The best way to get to know Montgomery is to take a ride with the 1940's looking-like bus. The bus has air-conditioning, clean windows and if...
Public Transportation: Authentic 1940's bus-ride
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant