The Monastery of St. Jerome, Lisbon, Portugal
Travel tips > Europe > Portugal > Lisbon > The Monastery of St. Jerome
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building is enormous, white and really beautiful. The only misfortune we had was that we went on a Sunday, so the whole place was very crowded and we weren't able to roam the grounds on a leisurely level. But apart from that, it IS a sight worth visiting!
Praça do Império, 1400 Lisbon, Portugal
Admission fee is € 7
Open daily (except Mondays) from 10am to 6pm.
How to get there:
You can get there with several buses (27, 28, 29, etc) and the tram 15.
Recent travel tips for Lisbon
- Fatima near LisbonThough it is a bit far from the city (about 88 miles to the North), it is a place which is worth a visit, even if you're not a pilgrim or a devoted Christian. Fatima is the worshiping place of the Virgin Mary, where millions of [...]D: n/a00
- Sintra Moorish CastleSintra is located a few miles to the west from Lisbon. It is a beautiful place with a rich history. The most notable aspect of the small village is its castle, high up the mountain, built by the Moors after the 8th century. Sintra also [...]D: 13.9mi00
- Casa do Alentejo in LisbonNo one would say that this shabby, old building is actually a small palace and hides a beautiful, rich interior with decorations, and furniture showing the luxury of the aristocratic life in the past centuries. When we went to the San [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Tram 28 of LisbonTraveling with the local transportation of a city is always fun and gives you a feeling of being part of the city, like a local. That was the reason we hopped on the Tram 28 which goes up and down the narrow streets of Lisbon, giving a [...]D: n/a00
- The Feira da Ladra in LisbonThis flea market in Alfama the historic, old part of Lisbon, has a history dating back to the 13th century. To those who like bargaining and collecting some nice Portuguese 'treasures' than the feira da ladra is the perfect place. [...]D: 1.5mi00
Things about Lisbon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Canal Ritz is an Italian restaurant situated on the most perfect place possible: with a view over the Rideau Canal. The atmosphere is perfect....
Food: Canal Ritz Restaurant
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
After eating Costa Rican food for days, you might want to change it up and head down to Jungle Love. This is one of the best restaurants in Costa...
Food: Jungle Love
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
Do, by no means miss pork leg and lamb leg here. It is exceptional how they make it, they say this region is the only place where you can find it...
Food: Asador Tierra Aranda
Don't go to the so called 'Rion' beach, it´s just real touristic crap.
Outdoors Activities: Rion beach
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
Tripoli - Sabrata - Nalut - Ghadames - Ghat - Acacus - Murzuk Sand Sea -Wadi Mathendoush - Germa - Ubari Sand Sea – Desert Lakes - Sabha -...
General: Detailed tour tip
Dakar Bango, Senegal
Needs someone to trust ,write me with id(Bintaphdesmond@yahoo.com.sg)
History & Culture: Trusted one
A beautiful, elegant restaurant which can get a bit crowded but the food is just worth the noise. The Star at Playhouse Square is a gourmet heaven...
Food: Star at Playhouse Square
New York, New York
One of the greatest places that New York has to offer is this amazingly huge park in the center of the city, thus "Central Park". It's the lungs of...
Outdoors Activities: Central Park