The Monastery of St. Jerome, Lisbon, Portugal
Travel tips > Europe > Portugal > Lisbon > The Monastery of St. Jerome
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building is enormous, white and really beautiful. The only misfortune we had was that we went on a Sunday, so the whole place was very crowded and we weren't able to roam the grounds on a leisurely level. But apart from that, it IS a sight worth visiting!
Praça do Império, 1400 Lisbon, Portugal
Admission fee is € 7
Open daily (except Mondays) from 10am to 6pm.
How to get there:
You can get there with several buses (27, 28, 29, etc) and the tram 15.
Recent travel tips for Lisbon
- The Gulbenkian MuseumThis museum, though not a big one, hosts first-class exhibitions from various Eastern cultures, like Egypt, Mesopotamia, India even Japan and China, and some collections of French furniture and paintings among other interesting artifacts. [...]D: 1.1mi01
- Lotus chalets, Canal road, Migahajandura, Sooriyawewa,...Surroundings The eco-resort is surrounded by the following attractive places. While you are staying in the resort you can easily visit these places. Udawalawa National Park - 30 minutes drive Udawalawa Elephant Orphanage - 30 minutes [...]D: 5953.7mi20
- Tram 28 of LisbonTraveling with the local transportation of a city is always fun and gives you a feeling of being part of the city, like a local. That was the reason we hopped on the Tram 28 which goes up and down the narrow streets of Lisbon, giving a [...]D: n/a00
- Clube de Fado Restaurant in LisbonThis Fado restaurant is typically Portuguese in every aspect: its architecture, its atmosphere, its food, everything. From the first moment we stepped inside the restaurant we felt as if we'd went into a local pub or something. Live [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Trip to CascaisCascais is like a royal resort, full of different sights, and most notably, various, beautiful beaches. Though the ocean was a bit cold, we still had to dip in a bit, but it was good to lay under the sun a while, away from the bustling city [...]D: n/a00
Things about Lisbon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Goa, Burkina Faso
About to turn 30? Well, there's no reason to panic. In fact, you should enjoy the new stage of your life. However, there are some things one must...
General: 7 Must Visit Destinations Before You Turn 30
Lt. Gov. John Graves Simcoe saw the newborn USA as a threat, so he established the base of Fort York in 1793 to defend Toronto (known as...
History & Culture: Fort York
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
If you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st...
History & Culture: Ancient Nemausus in the modern city area
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
1°, 2° giorno: Tripoli, visita della città, dei souk, museo. Pernottamento in hotel 3/4 stelle. 3°: Tripoli - Leptis Magna - Gharyan: Visita...
General: Ghadames old medina
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Built by Florida's first white settler, Frank Stranahan, in 1901, the building is the city's most oldest residential houses. It has a beautiful and...
History & Culture: The Stranahan House in Fort Lauderdale
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT
We wanted to roam the city's surroundings a bit, so we decided to get to Mount Rubidoux and on the way to the sight, we spotted the Jensen...
History & Culture: Jensen Alvarado Ranch