The Monastery of St. Jerome, Lisbon, Portugal
Travel tips > Europe > Portugal > Lisbon > The Monastery of St. Jerome
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building is enormous, white and really beautiful. The only misfortune we had was that we went on a Sunday, so the whole place was very crowded and we weren't able to roam the grounds on a leisurely level. But apart from that, it IS a sight worth visiting!
Praça do Império, 1400 Lisbon, Portugal
Admission fee is € 7
Open daily (except Mondays) from 10am to 6pm.
How to get there:
You can get there with several buses (27, 28, 29, etc) and the tram 15.
Recent travel tips for Lisbon
- Trip to CascaisCascais is like a royal resort, full of different sights, and most notably, various, beautiful beaches. Though the ocean was a bit cold, we still had to dip in a bit, but it was good to lay under the sun a while, away from the bustling city [...]D: n/a00
- Holiday Inn Lisbon ContinentalWe didn't spend much time in the hotel, we were roaming the streets all day long, exploring various areas, but while we DID spend time inside, everything was perfect. We were really pleased with the service provided. Our room was clean and [...]D: 0.8mi00
- The Feira da Ladra in LisbonThis flea market in Alfama the historic, old part of Lisbon, has a history dating back to the 13th century. To those who like bargaining and collecting some nice Portuguese 'treasures' than the feira da ladra is the perfect place. [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Tram 28 of LisbonTraveling with the local transportation of a city is always fun and gives you a feeling of being part of the city, like a local. That was the reason we hopped on the Tram 28 which goes up and down the narrow streets of Lisbon, giving a [...]D: n/a00
- Clube de Fado Restaurant in LisbonThis Fado restaurant is typically Portuguese in every aspect: its architecture, its atmosphere, its food, everything. From the first moment we stepped inside the restaurant we felt as if we'd went into a local pub or something. Live [...]D: 1.5mi00
Things about Lisbon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil
Next Saturday, March 3, will kick off the Lual the Falls and innovative format, which promises to be a new option to ride in Niagara Falls that are...
General: Don´t Miss II
However, if you can, avoid Frankfurt and go to Munich. :)
General: Avoid it and go to Munich
You should take a look at the Escorial, the seat of the spanish kings, if you are close.
Sightseeing: The Escorial
If you don't want to pay for parking to the aqua park you can park just near it in some streets without any restriction.
General: Parking tip
It is a world of its own! The west of India has its unique culture, history, people and places of interest that should be explored! There are so...
Family & Fun: Tourist Places in Gujarat
In this area, called 'cinque terre', you can take wounderful walks in the nature. You can start in the coastal town Levanto and wander to for exte...
General: Cinque terre
The Eternal City...a living museum that one must see and experience.
History & Culture: The living museum
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
It is something I have never seen before. This is a unique thing and it's just amazing. It's the dreams of my childhood coming true! The problem is...
History & Culture: Norvegian Museum of Magic
Johannesburg, South Africa
The nightlife in Johannesburg has actually become way better than in the past. More clubs are being opened and re-vamped to look better and bigger....
Night Life & Entertainment: Joburg Nightlife