Fatima near Lisbon, Portugal
Travel tips > Europe > Portugal > Lisbon > Fatima near Lisbon
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Fatima is the worshiping place of the Virgin Mary, where millions of pilgrims take a journey every year for a glimpse of the place where the Virgin Mary has last appeared. It is a beautiful open space, with a high tower and a Basilica for those who would like to retreat from the world. There is also a House of Our Lady Carmel which serves as an accommodation place for pilgrims coming from all over the world.
Apartado 31, Fatima, Portugal
Open every day.
How to get there:
By bus from Sete-Rios bus station. Costs are €10 (each way) and take about 90 minutes. Bus schedules are from 8am to 8pm and note that they are often listed under the name of Cova da Ira.
Recent travel tips for Lisbon
- Bikeiberia Rentals & TourBike Rentals & Bike Tours [...]D: 1.3mi20
- The Belem TowerD: 3.1mi00
- Tram 28 of LisbonTraveling with the local transportation of a city is always fun and gives you a feeling of being part of the city, like a local. That was the reason we hopped on the Tram 28 which goes up and down the narrow streets of Lisbon, giving a [...]D: n/a00
- Eduardo VII Park in LisbonIn 1903 the British monarch, Edward VII visited Lisbon, on a reassurance of the Anglo-Portuguese alliance, and after his visit, the park (originally called Liberty Park) has been renamed after the monarch. The place comprises at least 26 [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Lotus chalets, Canal road, Migahajandura, Sooriyawewa,...Surroundings The eco-resort is surrounded by the following attractive places. While you are staying in the resort you can easily visit these places. Udawalawa National Park - 30 minutes drive Udawalawa Elephant Orphanage - 30 minutes [...]D: 5953.7mi20
Things about Lisbon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
San Diego, Costa Rica
Beaches are naturally free and they are very good in San Diego. Some of them are especially beautiful. I would very much recommend La Jolla and...
General: Free and cheap things in San Diego
If you are in the south of germany, close to the village of Herbertingen, you should visit the open air museum called Heuneburg. It´s the place of...
Outdoors Activities: Open air museum
The city was occupied and reconquered many times. This is why the city has a 4,5 km coastwall protection. You can see it wherever you go is...
History & Culture: Walls, lookouts and gateways
La Alcazaba is the best preserved Moorish fortification in Spain. It is in very good state and a great place to spend a sunny afternoon. It was...
History & Culture: La Alcazaba
The museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants....
History & Culture: Wine and Wine Trade Museum
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This Restaurant Nilla is a very famous among the locals and even among tourists as this restaurant is known for its banana-lead food. Many regard...
Food: Restaurant Nilla
The Hague, Netherlands
Restaurant The Hague: Welcome Restaurant Alexander You are looking for a restaurant in The Hague, welcome at Restaurant Alexander in the...
Food: Restaurant Alexander in The Hague
Opened its doors first in Columbus, OH, Ted's Montana Grill, with its traditional American dishes and environment has grown into a huge...
Food: Ted's Montana Grill