Fatima near Lisbon, Portugal
Travel tips > Europe > Portugal > Lisbon > Fatima near Lisbon
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Fatima is the worshiping place of the Virgin Mary, where millions of pilgrims take a journey every year for a glimpse of the place where the Virgin Mary has last appeared. It is a beautiful open space, with a high tower and a Basilica for those who would like to retreat from the world. There is also a House of Our Lady Carmel which serves as an accommodation place for pilgrims coming from all over the world.
Apartado 31, Fatima, Portugal
Open every day.
How to get there:
By bus from Sete-Rios bus station. Costs are €10 (each way) and take about 90 minutes. Bus schedules are from 8am to 8pm and note that they are often listed under the name of Cova da Ira.
Recent travel tips for Lisbon
- The Feira da Ladra in LisbonThis flea market in Alfama the historic, old part of Lisbon, has a history dating back to the 13th century. To those who like bargaining and collecting some nice Portuguese 'treasures' than the feira da ladra is the perfect place. [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Casa do Alentejo in LisbonNo one would say that this shabby, old building is actually a small palace and hides a beautiful, rich interior with decorations, and furniture showing the luxury of the aristocratic life in the past centuries. When we went to the San [...]D: 0.6mi00
- The Belem TowerD: 3.1mi00
- Clube de Fado Restaurant in LisbonThis Fado restaurant is typically Portuguese in every aspect: its architecture, its atmosphere, its food, everything. From the first moment we stepped inside the restaurant we felt as if we'd went into a local pub or something. Live [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Eduardo VII Park in LisbonIn 1903 the British monarch, Edward VII visited Lisbon, on a reassurance of the Anglo-Portuguese alliance, and after his visit, the park (originally called Liberty Park) has been renamed after the monarch. The place comprises at least 26 [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Lisbon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Beach is home to an impressive beachfront where you can spend an entire day basking in the glorious sunshine and taking in the surrounding...
General: Jumeirah Beach is home
If you are looking for a beach vacation, Cairns isnt the right place, because there´s no beach close to the city, neither you can walk there. But...
Outdoors Activities: No beach vacations
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
One of the world's largest squares, the Plaza de la Revolucion is not so grand at first sight, being an enormous concrete place with no shade at...
History & Culture: Plaza de la Revolucion in Havana
Ostia Antica, Italy
In Ostia, there is a beautiful beach. You can swim there very good.
General: The beautiful beach of Ostia
Tour 1 – Ancient Heritage between Sea and Desert First Day Arrival in Tripoli and Transfer to Gharian. Second Day We’ll visit the ancient...
Night Life & Entertainment: Desertakakus
CLIMATE Morocco has several climatic zones, yet it is sunny for most of the year. Generally, the north has a Mediterranean climate, whereas it is...
History & Culture: Travel Tips For Morocco
Lilla Torg is Malmo's nicest square. It is part of the old downtown and there are a lot of great pubs and restaurants there. All the buildings...
Night Life & Entertainment: Lilla Torg
The jewel of the city, the Old Louisville area is a symbol of beauty, tradition and history all combined and represented by the style and...
Sightseeing: Old Louisville
San Jose, California
For a quicker lunch, especially if you middle-eastern food, the Falafel Drive-in is the perfect eatery. You can get a take-away and enjoy your meal...
Food: Falafel Drive-in