Fatima near Lisbon, Portugal
Travel tips > Europe > Portugal > Lisbon > Fatima near Lisbon
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Fatima is the worshiping place of the Virgin Mary, where millions of pilgrims take a journey every year for a glimpse of the place where the Virgin Mary has last appeared. It is a beautiful open space, with a high tower and a Basilica for those who would like to retreat from the world. There is also a House of Our Lady Carmel which serves as an accommodation place for pilgrims coming from all over the world.
Apartado 31, Fatima, Portugal
Open every day.
How to get there:
By bus from Sete-Rios bus station. Costs are €10 (each way) and take about 90 minutes. Bus schedules are from 8am to 8pm and note that they are often listed under the name of Cova da Ira.
Recent travel tips for Lisbon
- The Belem TowerD: 3.1mi00
- Tours to Lisbon, Porto, Algavre, Fatima and othersHttp://www.lisboasightseeing.com Lisbon tours. Porto tours. Portugal Travel Agency and Tour Operator. Lisbon tours to Porto, Algarve, Fatima with Portugal Tour Operators and Travel Agencies. Excursions by Lisbon and Porto tour guides. [...]D: n/a01
- The Alfama in LisbonThis part of the city is special in many ways. First, it is one the most oldest parts of Lisbon, being first inhabited by Visigoths in the 5th century then turned into an upper-class area by the Moors later on. However, many earthquakes [...]D: n/a00
- Clube de Fado Restaurant in LisbonThis Fado restaurant is typically Portuguese in every aspect: its architecture, its atmosphere, its food, everything. From the first moment we stepped inside the restaurant we felt as if we'd went into a local pub or something. Live [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Bikeiberia Rentals & TourBike Rentals & Bike Tours [...]D: 1.3mi20
Things about Lisbon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Forstau is ideal for families with small kids. There are some great skischools where you can left your kids from 10am till 3pm. They take care for...
Family & Fun: Ski Vacation with Kids
Le Cafe is a nice place for spending a pleasant evening. I've been there two times and I liked it, although, the food was not perfect. Their...
Food: Le Café
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
If you are looking for a good restaurant for having lunch in the city center, i recommend the 'Walfisch', in english it means Wale. It´s an good...
Food: Restaurant Walfisch
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya